Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Tushar has a great deal of patience to listen to his patients. I have this tendency to inform doctor about what all happened few days before the occurrence of the illness. The interest with which Dr. Tushar heard me, I felt like he was really respecting my views and wanted to cured right from the root levels. He explained me the disease and its treatment protocol in simple language and advised a few subtle and easy lifestyle changes which I could even follow with my hectic and stressful job. And I can see the improvements within a month. Thanks Doctor. My recommendation for those who look for Doctor with intent of curing rather than emptying your pockets.
Priyanka Vishnu Godse
I m consulting him for my irregular menstrural cycle. N took basti which is 5-7 days process and includes 2 types of basti kadha n oil and also include body massage and steam. This process is done very well and was so refreshing and relaxing. I have seen that it reduced my body fat. And nw my menstrural cycle is at much better state than previous n m still continuing his consultation. Thank you so much for ur consultation sir.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Tushar Chipra to be knowledgeable, very helpful, well-reasoned, prompt and inspiring. Thanks so much!!
lovely experience serving with great hospitality results are good and satisfactory should visit once in a lifetime for panchkarma
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Tushar Chipra to be very helpful and helped me improve my health. Good
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Tushar Chipra to be very helpful. Thanku soo very much sir
Dr. Tushar Chipra provides answers that are very helpful. Well answer sir . I'm thankful to you
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Tushar Chipra to be sensible. thanks for given reply
Dr. Tushar Chipra provides answers that are knowledgeable. Good n helpful
A runny nose, Itchy rash, red eyes and shortness in breath are the most common allergic phenomenon which annoys you in frequent intervals, generally driven by several conditions due to hypersensitivity of the immune system towards something usual prevailing in the environment which may not cause any threat to others. It is why you may find different person allergic to different foods or different conditions.
Diseases such as asthma, anaphylaxis, atopic dermatitis and so on are commonly considered as predominant allergic diseases. But most of the marketed drugs you take are as exasperating as the allergy itself, firstly due to its expensiveness and secondly, it droops you out. Though you may not be able to diminish the pollen in the air, but you can restrict the number of drugs you take by choosing natural remedies as it has been propounded by the medical editor of WebMD Dr Brunilda Nazario. He has also stated that the biggest trend we observe in allergies in these days is not found in any technological innovation or development rather it is the tendency of the common people to go for natural treatment to cure allergy.
‘Prevention is better than cure’- Cleanse your nose daily before the allergy strikes
According to most of the doctors, nowadays you are commonly encountered by seasonal allergies. It is mainly due to the fact that allergy season seems to appear earlier every year than the previous one. So as Nathanael Horne, MD of New York Medical College advises that you should begin treating allergies before it starts to pose threat. One such step is to spritz a saline cleanse into your nose on a daily basis in order to wash away pollen. Obviously, this particular method would not replace your need for medication but it would certainly minimise your dependence on drugs. In one survey, those who clean their nose twice a day with saline water are reported less nasal congestion than others.
About some of the seful natural herbs which fight allergy
Famous allergist from New York, Dr Tim Mainardi is of opinion that natural herbs are comparatively more effective than any other drugs and among them, one of the scientifically proven fighters of allergy you have, is Green tea because it is a natural antihistamine. According to his suggestion, if anybody starts to take two cups of green tea a day about two weeks before the arrival of the allergy season, it is likely to resist allergic infection. Mainardi also says that there is an another natural herb called butterbur, which effectively fights allergy as well as antihistamines. Apart from this Liquorice root is also a good choice because it helps to helps to raise the level of naturally produced steroid in your body and ameliorate immunity system.
Cook with turmeric to get rid of allergy:
If you taste every Indian dishe, you would get one spice common in all of them and that is Turmeric. Bharat Aggarwal, an Indian allergist expert from Houston considers Turmeric more efficacious than any other drugs in certain conditions as it contains Curcumin. It is why Turmeric may act as a decongestant. Though in the end, it should be mention that before you go with the natural treatment you should consult your doctor because these natural treatments would incorporate various alterations in your diet and medication.
Winters can often be gloomy, which is why the Spring Equinox comes as good news for those counting the days until warmer weather. It is the time when equator passes through the center of the sun and the days become longer. The spring equinox does not only mark as the beginning of the spring, but has great influence over our health.
- On an average, we need 8-10 glasses of water a day to stay hydrated. This helps ensure proper blood circulation that takes nutrients to all the calls of the body, aids digestion, maintains proper functioning of the heart and brain and helps remove toxins from the body. Drinking water also helps improve metabolism and can, therefore, help you manage your weight. However, sometimes, you need to drink more water. The spring equinox is one such time of the year when the body needs more water.
- The equinox refers to the passing of the earth’s equator plane through the centre of the sun. There are two equinoxes in a year; once in march and once in September. On an equinox, the length of the day and night is almost equal. The equinox in March is known as the Spring Equinox or Vernal Equinox and occurs typically around the March 20. This marks the end of winter and the beginning of spring in the Northern Hemisphere.
- For a few days before and after the equinox along with the day of the equinox, the sun is directly overhead and very strong. Thus, it is essential to drink a lot of water and stay indoors as far as possible. If you must go out during the day, carry an umbrella or wear a car. The strength of the sun’s rays can dehydrate the body very fast causing nausea, heat strokes and blackouts. In addition, the heat can also make you sweat excessively thereby increasing the amount of water expelled from your body. An easy way to check your body’s hydrated levels is to check your urine. A pale yellow, straw-like colour indicates good hydration while a darker yellow means that your body is dehydrated.
- While drinking water is important, drinking water the right way is equally important. Drinking a bottle of water at once may give you the impression that you have drunk enough water, but in reality, the body cannot absorb so much water at one time. Instead, you should space out your water intake and drink throughout the day. Juices, soft drinks, tea, coffee etc cannot be used as a substitute for water. The caffeine in tea and coffee can actually dehydrate your body further and hence should be avoided at this time. If plain water does not sound appealing to you, you could infuse it with herbs like basil or fruits and vegetables like strawberries, oranges, lemons and cucumbers to add flavour.
Washing your face often and showering twice a day can also help hydrate your skin and cool you down. Alternatively, you could fill a spray bottle with water and spritz yourself from time to time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Psoriasis is a skin disease, which develops in men and women often during middle age and above. Although tests and researches are being carried out in various laboratories around the world, the exact cause of this condition is yet unknown. Psoriasis is not infectious. In other words, it does not spread by coming in contact with someone suffering from it. In case you see that you are just developing psoriasis or it is in its early stages, then you can opt for some simple and natural methods of curing it. These home remedies fall under Ayurvedic treatments and help you in getting rid of this disease before it spreads further into your body.
- Moist skin: Apply lots of moisturizer on your body. This is done to keep the skin moist and supple. The more your skin becomes dry, the chances of it bleeding and causing infections increase. It is often recommended to apply body oil or sesame oil before taking a bath as it softens the skin.
- Use natural body soaps: Sometimes the body soaps that you use are made of harsh chemicals. These chemicals come in contact with your body and aggravate the infection furthermore. You can use home made natural soaps, which are made of natural ingredients and are gentle on your skin.
- Avoid skin injuries: Skin injuries like a cut, bleeding, blisters etc. can be harmful for psoriasis. They can aggravate the inflammation and cause more damage. In fact, it is recommended that you apply moisturizer and sunscreen every time you step out of the house in order to protect your skin from further damage.
- Use medicines after consultation: Certain medicines have the ability to flare up the effects of psoriasis. Thus, when you develop this disease, it is advised that you meet a general physician and discuss your medicines with him/her in order to control the same.
- Reduce stress: Stress levels contribute a lot to psoriasis. Thus, you need to relax as much as possible. You can try out yoga and meditation to keep the stress level down and in turn control this disease as well.
- Wear cotton clothes: Wear clothes that you are comfortable in and those which do not cause irritation on your skin. Synthetic clothes sometimes cause a lot of irritation and rashes on the skin. It is something that should be avoided.
These are some of the quick and natural remedies to cure yourself of psoriasis as early as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Severe stomach pain during periods. Bleeding in clots and only for 2 days. Period comes in span of 25-28 days. Pain during periods is unbearable. First period before 11 years. Please suggest how to get over this pain.
Are you tired of your acne problems? Does your skin itch and irritate a lot? Are you afraid to try medicines for them? Have you tried and tested all possible solutions and are close to giving up? Ayurveda is the solution to all your acne problems. With its naturally occurring solution, Ayurveda can cure you of your acne problems and leave you with clear skin in a matter of time. It reacts quickly and effectively onto your skin, removing all previous traces of acne.
Here are some ways in which Ayurveda can help you get a flawless skin.
- Tulsi paste: Tulsi has numerous medicinal properties. Apart from curing your sore throat, it can also give you a glowing skin. All you need to do is make a paste of tulsi and warm water. Apply this mask on your affected region at least four to five times a week. Within a month, you can see the changes for yourself.
- Honey and lemon paste: Make a mixture of honey and lemon juice. Apply it on the areas of your skin which are affected by pimples. Make sure you do not apply it on the areas which have sore pimples. This would result in the pimples to burn and cause discomfort to you. The paste can be applied five to six times a week and the effects can be seen within a fortnight itself.
- Neem paste: Neem paste is often used as a core ingredient in many face washes. This is because of its basic properties of soothing the skin and healing it from within. Fresh neem paste can be used once a day to wash your face. It removes all the dirt and opens blocked pores caused by pimples.
- Mint leaves: Make a paste of fresh mint leaves. Apply it on the affected part of your skin. Let it dry and then rinse it off. Mint leaves have a cooling effect, which would reduce the burning sensation. It is also very effective in removing pimple marks from your skin.
- Raw papaya: The sticky liquid which is often given out by papayas is a natural medicine for curing pimples on the face. Though the feeling is sticky and slimy, regular use of this substance can help you cure all your pimples and acne problems.
These are some of the widely used natural and Ayurvedic ways to deal with your skin problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Everyone has heard the advice 'drink eight ounce glasses of water a day', which is popularly known as 8 by 8 rule. Another popular advice is 'drink 4 glasses of water empty stomach', aka Usha Paana Chikitsa, a term used widely in Ayurveda. People advocate intake of water on empty stomach, describing how it cleanses the body and cures wide range of diseases starting from allergies to Cancer. Messages regarding its benefits are forwarded in whatsapp groups and on facebook as if it’s the elixir of life as described in the world renowned book 'The Alchemist'.
Usha Paana in Ayurveda
Originally described in Rasayan Adhyaay of Ashtang Hruday, it has been stated that a person who drinks Sheetodak i.e cold water early morning will continue to remain young. Many people start following this process
blindly without understanding the fine details involved.
- First of all this has been described as a rasayan and hence, it should be only followed by a person who has underwent detoxification through Panchkarma. Even if detoxification is not possible for everyone in today's era atleast the concerned person should be devoid of any illness.
- Secondly according to Ayurveda, a person should get up at Brahma Muhurat i.e around 5.30 am. So even if without detoxification a person has to practice Usha Paan as a routine then he should consume it at around 5.30 am in the morning after passing stool because that’s the first thing that has been advised after getting up.
Half the people who practice Usha Paan Chikitsa, drink water to help them get relieved of constipation, which is actually bad for their health. It is as if they try to push the stool out from their body by drinking excess water.
Relation of water intake and meals:
'Sam Sthula Krusha Bhukta Madhya Antah Prathama Ambu Pah'
A simple sutra mentioned in DravDravyadi Vidyaaneya Adhyay describing effects of water intake while having food, after intake of food and before intake of food.
- It has clearly stated that a person who drinks water while consuming food continues to remain in same state of health i.e swastha (Healthy).
- If a person wants to gain weight, then he should drink water just after consuming his meal. (Max 160ml)
- If a person wants to lose weight, then he should drink water just before consuming his meal.
Here drinking water just before meals will make the person get a feeling of fullness and hence automatically, his food intake will decrease. Of course he has to stop eating as soon as his hunger is satiated. He should not eat food just because he eats that much quantity everyday.
To know the quantity of appetite a person should have just consider to divide your hunger/appetite in four parts. Consume food, which will fill two parts. Have one part water and keep the remaining one part of your appetite empty.
Another advice we get from many people, especially from Naturopathy is to not have any water during meals Have a jug (450 ml and above) full of water after 40 Mins of consumption of food.
Firstly this advice has nothing to do with Ayurved. Naturopathy and Ayurved are not even closely related.
We Ayurved practitoners follow the sutra given below :
Ajirne Bheshajam Waari Jirne Waari BalPradam
Bhojane Cha Amrutam Waari Bhojanaante VishPradam
- If a person suffers from indigestion then he should consume Ushnodak Jal (warm water) as medicine.
- Water consumed after the food is digested (Minimum 6 hrs after meal) will increase Bala (Body Strength).
- Water consumed during consumption of meals will act as Amrut (Elixir of Life).
- Water consumed in large quantity after meals will act as a Visha (Extinguishes the Agni of Body).
- Here large quantity is important because bahu ambu paan (Very HighWater Intake) is responsible for initiation of many diseases according to Ayurved.
- Water to be drank after meals to increase weight is not in large quantity but around a glass only 160ml max. So no question of conflict arises between the two sutras.
How much water intake should be considered necessary?
A very tricky question as it has got no straight answer. Every person's need varies according to their body needs as well as their line of work. This can be easily explained by an example, A businessman,a farmer,an army man all work for eight hours. Business man is sitting in an A.C office. The farmer is toiling in the Sun. The Army man is guarding our border in the Desert. Will each of them require the same quantity of water? The answer is definitely NO. The same way, even if you are living together in the same family every member's water intake need will be different. To come up with a general statement which can be useful for everyone, it can be said that instead of having 8 ounces glass of water a day kindly.
'Remember to have 8 ounces of fluid (liquid in any form) a Day''
Maximum researchers/Doctors agree with the above statement. Fluid means any liquid. It may be soup, juice, dal etc. Next time you come across advice regarding water intake, I hope information shared by me will help you take the correct step.