Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome(AIDS) is caused by a virus called Human Immunodeficiency virus (HIV). It should be remembered that it is not necessary that a person having HIV is suffering from AIDS or will inevitably result in it. The illness damages the immune system of the person and makes them more vulnerable to diseases and infections. As the syndrome progresses, opportunistic infections attack the patient, ultimately causing their death.
What are the causes of AIDS?
The virus is spread by person-to-person contact like:
1. Through sexual contact.
2. By sharing the same needle or through blood transfusion.
3. The disease can be spread from mother to the newborn child.
What are the symptoms of AIDS?
1. You may have a high fever or suffer from constant diarrhea which may last for weeks.
2. Red rashes may appear on your skin.
3. You may feel weak and tired all the time.
4. You may have excessive sweating, particularly at night.
5. Your muscles and joints may ache.
6. Your swollen glands don’t heal for weeks.
What are the complications related to AIDS?
During the last stage of infection, there is a high risk of having life-threatening diseases.These include:
1. Infections to the nervous system like meningitis, peripheral neuropathy.
2. Inflammation in the lower end of the esophagus.
3. Cancers like cervical cancer, neck cancer, and lymphomas.
Can AIDS be treated with homeopathy?
Homeopathic treatment can be of a great help for such patients. It can boost up not only physical health but mental health too. It can combat opportunistic infections very effectively by boosting up the immunity of the patient. There are marvellous results with homeopathic medicines tried in Africa (an epidemic zone for AIDS). Many patients of AIDS are still waiting to die after using homeopathy and their quality of life has improved drastically. Homeopathy works by modulating the immunity which is an important factor in AIDS patient. Some of the homeopathy medicine used to treat symptoms of AIDS are:
2. Arsenic iodum
6. Kali carbonicum
7. Calcaria iodum
9. Arsenica Album
These medications can be used in conjuction with ART or antiretroviral therapy along with other treatments and has been shown to be very effective in alleviating some of the commonly encountered symptoms of AIDS related complications. But utmost care must ensured and these medicines should not be taken without consulting a homeopathic doctor.
Erectile dysfunction is a physical disorder where an affected male develops the inability to have an erection during the intercourse. This inability to get an erection is termed as erectile dysfunction. It may be caused due to several circulatory reasons and may also occur from arsenic poisoning by drinking water. Organic conditions like diabetes and cardiovascular diseases also cause erectile dysfunction in men.
Unani medicine to treat erectile dysfunction
Unani or Unani Medicine, commonly known as Yunani Medicine in Arabic, Hindustani and Persian signifies ‘Greek Medicine’. It is a type of customary medicine broadly used in South Asia. It alludes to a custom of Graeco-Arabic medicine, it is the combination of teachings of Greek physician Hippocrates, and Roman physician Galen and has been formed into an elaborate medication system by Arab and Persian physicians. Unani medicine depends on the idea of the four humors: Phlegm (Balgham), Blood (Dam), Yellow bile and Black bile.
Unani medicines are considered to be very effective for the treatment of erectile dysfunction and the best Unani medicines for treating this condition are: L-Arginine, Propionyl-L-Carnitine, Gingko, Zinc, Ashwagandha and Yohimbe.
There are many different herbal medicines based on the Unani remedies for curing erectile dysfunction. They are commonly called herbal male enhancement products and are completely made from medicinal plants and herbs. These medicines are extensively used by males all over the world for enhancing sexual activity without any side effects.
Here are some common Unani medicines for the treatment of erectile dysfunction:
Goli Wajid Shai: This is a vital tonic for enhancing the sexual organs. It helps in increasing the power of an erection. The ingredients present in this tablet help in the nourishment of the sexual organs. It also helps in increased production of semen, increases your lasting time and adds extra pleasure to your sex life. Taking one pill with milk, two hours before having an intercourse proves to be extremely helpful. This medicine can also be in case of premature ejaculation.
Jauhar E Khusia: This medicine helps in increasing libido or sexual urge and also enhances your orgasms. General health benefits are also gained by using this medicine. You should intake 1 gram of this medicine with milk before having sex.
Majoon Jalali: This is a tonic which acts as a very good sexual stimulant. It helps in increasing sperm count and enhancing orgasms. The central nerves responsible for sexual pleasure are stimulated by this medicine making the act enjoyable.
Erectile dysfunction not only hampers your sex life, but may also affect your overall relationship. It affects your self esteem and confidence. Therefore, using Unani medicines can help you treat erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation effectively.
Spotting can be stated as a form of mild bleeding from the vagina. It is similar to a period, but it is much lighter and can occur in between your periods. Most women who are pregnant and are in their first trimester experience spotting. In fact, spotting is often seen as one of the early signs of pregnancy.
Spotting can happen because of any of the following reasons:
- Cysts in the uterus can cause spotting
- Though very rare, a thyroid problem can also lead to spotting
- Any infection in the cervix or uterine cancer can also cause spotting
- Lastly, hormonal imbalance can also cause spotting
What can spotting signify?
Spotting is completely normal and there is no need to be worried if it happens on account of any of the following reasons.
- Light spotting at the end of the bleeding period during the menstrual cycle is common.
- Spotting can also occur during ovulation; in fact, seeing some spots of blood when one is ovulating, is often considered as an excellent sign of fertility.
- Mild spotting can also develop after sex, especially if it is for the first time, owing to the hymen getting ruptured
- Mild spotting if one is on birth control pills is also normal.
When should you be worried?
- Spotting is an early sign of pregnancy and if you are not planning to conceive any time soon, then you must visit your gynaecologist.
- Spotting may also be a symptom of any STD, primarily Chlamydia or Gonorrhea.
- As spotting could also be indicative of cancer, it’s advisable to not delay and visit the gynaecologist immediately.