Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Choose City and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Balkrishna PatelYour feedback matters!
My grandfather died last week bcz of tht I feel very depressed which is causing dark circles on my face. What r the remedies?
Actually it is for my grand mother who is 55 years old. Her problem is that blood falls in stool. What food should eat and should not eat for it?
With the growing importance on how a person looks, everybody is obsessed with trying to look younger and prettier. Skin that is flawless, glowing, and clear is not just something celebrities want but is every person’s dream. It is no wonder that the cosmetic industry has grown by leaps and bounds in terms of technology and chemical based treatments.
Talking of cosmetic skin treatments, two of the most common methods are chemical peels and microdermabrasion. Read on to know about these skin exfoliation techniques.
The skin has multiple layers, and with constant exposure to the environment, the top layers are constantly exposed to pollution and dust and sunlight. This makes the skin very dull and weary. There are also dead cells on the top, which need to be removed so that fresh cells from the underlying layers surface up to give the skin a fresh, glowing look. This is known as skin exfoliation.
Due to various reasons, when skin does not repair naturally, the role of chemical peels comes in play. This helps in removing these top layers, thus, in turn, removing the rough, dry layers and giving the skin, a good texture.
What is done?
- Skin is cleansed and a chemical is applied which penetrates the skin. These are usually enzymes from the fruits or vegetables or alpha hydroxyl acid or phenols
- The process is repeated multiple times with gaps of few days to help in fresh skin generation, depending on expected results
- Topical moisturizer and sunscreen should be used post treatment.
This is a physical exfoliation technique, in that the top layers are manually cleared of debris and dead cells. This produces instant results, but cannot be used in acute cases where the skin is inflamed or sensitive.
What is done?
- A crystal or diamond tip which has fine aluminum or diamond particles is used to abrade the skin
- This removes any dead cells and debris
- These are suctioned away
- The result is velvety, smooth skin which is soft, bright, and glowing
- Can also be combined with other rejuvenation procedures like laser
- Should be repeated on a monthly basis for optimal results
- It also helps penetration of topical creams and lotions, making them more effective.
While both are well-proven techniques for exfoliation, the treatment option is decided by the doctor by consulting the patient. Each person’s response to such treatments is different, so choose the treatment that will be most beneficial and effective for you.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!