Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Asthma Management Program
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Health Screening For Women
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Patel RameshYour feedback matters!
Coronary artery disease, also known as coronary heart disease or CHD, is a kind of disease in which a wax-like substance called plaque, builds up in the coronary arteries.
Function of Coronary Artery
The task of coronary arteries is to supply oxygen rich blood to the heart muscles. When there is the growth of plaque in these arteries, the condition is termed as atherosclerosis. Plaque builds up over the years, and it hardens or ruptures with time. When plaque gets hardened, it narrows the coronary arteries and thus disrupts the flow of oxygen-rich blood to the heart muscles causing coronary heart diseases. Millions of people are diagnosed with heart diseases, nowadays.
Though it is true that living with a heart disease is not easy, it is not impossible either. Many people are successfully leading a happy life in spite of having such diseases.With With some major changes in your lifestyle, food habits and with the help of exercises and a healthy diet, it is possible to enjoy a happy life, irrespective of your diseases.
Here are six ways that would help you to lead a better life, even if you have been diagnosed with coronary artery disease.
- Lifestyle changes: This is the first point that needs to be kept in mind if you are a CAD patient. Lifestyle changes are essential to make for a better health and life. Smoking and drinking have to be given up completely. It is advised to avoid secondary smoke, as much as possible.
- Exercises: This is the next important activity that needs to be a part of your daily routine to lead a healthy life. Consult with your doctor about the types of exercise that would suit your conditions. Some common exercises that would help are walking, jogging, and swimming, for at least 30 minutes at the most. Choose whichever activity you like doing. The motive of exercises is to get your heart-rate up.
- A Heart healthy diet: Get a chart prepared for your diet by a dietitian or by your doctor. This will keep your disease from getting worse. Stick to a heart-healthy eating plan, which consists of foods that can lower your risk of heart attack, stroke, etc. Include more fruits, vegetables, and other high fibre foods in your daily diet. Go for foods that are low in saturated fats, trans-fats, and cholesterol. Try to include fish into your diet.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight or obese aggravates any disease. So it is important to keep your body weight perfect.
Sweating during warm weather is very common, but if a person wakes up from bed soaked in sweat, it is not a pleasant feeling. It does not allow for a sound sleep, and may not always be related to warm weather.
There is no serious underlying medical issue, but it is always advisable to see a doctor to get this corrected. The following are some common reasons that could lead to night sweats.
- Menopause: The hot flashes that are so popularly associated with menopause is one of the main reasons for night sweats. The presenting factors (woman, age, and other symptoms) should help arrive at this diagnosis. Hormonal levels can be checked to confirm if required. Even puberty and pregnancy can cause night sweats, due to hormonal level alterations.
- Infections: Most infections present with fever and night sweats are very common. Tuberculosis, osteomyelitis, endocarditis, influenza and even HIV can cause night sweats and hamper a person’s sleep. Most infections cause an increase in temperature, which is worse at night.
- Obstructive sleep apnea: The walls of the windpipe get narrowed, and the person might have short periods where the breathing just stops. These people are three times more likely to develop night sweats.
- Hypoglycemia: One of the most common symptoms of low blood sugar is night sweat. When the sugar drop happens during the time the person is sleeping, it is very common for the person to wake up soaked in sweat.
- Cancer: For some cancers, night sweats are one of the first warning signs. These cancers include lymphoma, and presence of symptoms like unexplained weight loss, fatigue, etc. should be addressed to rule out the possibility of cancer.
- Side effect of medications: Antidepressants, psychiatric drugs, anti-pyretic drugs, anti-virals, steroids, anti-diabetic medications, hormones, etc. can lead to night sweats. Suspected cases of night sweats should have their medications reviewed to see if any drug is causing the night sweats.
- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease: GERD, as it is popularly known, can cause night sweats in addition to heartburn. They would also have other symptoms of indigestion, which will help in identifying the problem.
- Neurologic disorders: Stroke, neuropathy and anxiety disorders can cause night sweats and would require psychotherapy in addition to medications.
- Idiopathic: And despite all these possible reasons, if there is no identifiable reason, it is known as idiopathic hyperhidrosis (increased sweating). The person produces too much sweat without any known underlying cause and can even wake up at night soaked in sweat.
Management: Identifying the underlying cause is the first step in treatment. It may require hormonal corrections, changing or withdrawing the causative medications, treating associated conditions, etc., as the case may be.
An eardrum rupture or perforation is a little gap or tear in your eardrum and the tympanic membrane. The tympanic membrane is a thin tissue that partitions the canal of the middle ear and outer ear. This layer vibrates when sound waves enter your ear. The vibration proceeds through the bones of the center ear. Since this vibration allows you to listen, your hearing can be affected if your eardrum is harmed. A ruptured eardrum is additionally called a perforated eardrum. Permanent hearing loss could be an end result in some cases.
A ruptured eardrum, similar to thunder; can happen all of a sudden. You may feel a sharp pain in your ear, or an ear infection that you've had for some time all of a sudden leaves. In some cases, the person may not feel any signs of the rupture.
Some of the causes for such a perforation are:
- Infection: Ear infections are a major reason for eardrum rupture, particularly in children. Liquids tend to deposit behind the eardrum in such cases.
- Exercises: Exercising can bring about pressure changes in the ear and lead to a punctured eardrum. This is known as barotrauma, and takes place when the pressure outside the ear is not the same as the pressure inside the ear. Activities that can bring about barotrauma include scuba diving or flying on plane.
- Other activities: Wounds can likewise burst your eardrum. Any injury to the ear or side of the head can bring about a crack.
Diagnosis: Your specialist can use a few approaches to find out whether you have a ruptured eardrum:
- A liquid test in which your specialist tests liquids that might spill from your ear from infection.
- An otoscope exam in which a specific gadget with a light is used to investigate your ear channel
- An audiology exam, in which your specialist tests your listening to range and eardrum limit
- Tympanometry, in which your specialist uses a tympanometer to test the pressure changes in your ear.
Treatment: The treatments are as follows:
- Patching: In the event that your ear does not recuperate by itself, your specialist may fix the eardrum. Fixing includes setting a sedated paper patch over the tear in the film.
- Antibiotics: Anti-toxins can clear up contaminations that may have prompted your eardrum break. They additionally shield you from growing new diseases from the aperture. Your specialist may endorse oral antibiotics or eardrops.
- Surgery: In uncommon cases, surgery might be required to fix the gap in the eardrum. A surgical repair of a punctured eardrum is called tympanoplasty.
A cracked eardrum generally recuperates without any invasive measures. Many patients with cracked eardrums encounter just transitory listening problems.
I have fungal infection on my inner thighs and pubic area. There are ring like red spots with pigments on it. It increases in size from its circumference. It has highly itching, flakes and burning sensation. Im using terbinaforce cream but of no use. Kindly suggest me the cream and also some oral medicine. Also provide me the information on its cause and prevention tips for future. Thanks in advance.
Im 26 male. I want to have sex with my girlfriend. She does not like it. Will viagra helps to bring interest on sex? Tell me advantages and disadvantages?
Disorders be it physical or psychological can affect anyone, irrespective of thier age. However, there are certain issues, which can dampen you relation with your partner and can negetively impact your relationship. Premature ejaculation (PE), also referred to as rapid ejaculation, is the most common type of sexual dysfunction in men younger than 40 years and seen across all age groups. In elderly men (>60 years) erectile dysfunction is more common. A study conducted by the Journal of Sexual Medicine revealed that this condition is almost equally prevalent in sexually active men of all age groups. If a man experiences uncontrollable ejaculation (discharge of semen from penis) either before or shortly after sexual penetration (usually within 1-2 minutes of penetration), he may be suffering from PE.
Types of premature ejaculation:
Premature ejaculation can be Acquired (recent) or Chronic (lifelong).
- Acquired PE: Acquired (recent) premature ejaculation means that the condition began in an individual who previously experienced an acceptable level of ejaculatory control and only recently has developed the problem.
- Chronic PE: In chronic (lifelong) premature ejaculation, the person has been experiencing premature ejaculation since he became sexually active (ie, post puberty).
How to diagnose PE:The
The specific criteria for premature (early) ejaculation are as follows:
- In almost 75-100% sexual activity, the experience of ejaculation occurring during sexual intercourse within 1 minute after vaginal penetration and before the individual wishes it.
- The problem has persisted for at least 6 months and is a cause of mental stress to the person.
- The dysfunction cannot be better explained by any other nonsexual mental disorder, any medical disease, the effects of a drug or medication, etc.
Severity of PE:The
The severity of premature (early) ejaculation is broadly defined as follows:
- Mild: Occurring within approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute of vaginal penetration.
- Moderate: Occurring within approximately 15-30 seconds of vaginal penetration.
- Severe: Occurring even before sexual activity, at the start of sexual activity, or within approximately 15 seconds of vaginal penetration. In such cases, conception will not be possible unless artificial insemination is used.
Stress can take a toll on your health in more ways than one; and your sexual health is greatly and adversely impacted by stress. Stress can take a toll on the emotional relationship you share with your partner and also your own physical health, thus resulting in a hampered sex life.
Stress and Our Libido:
By now, we know that hormones affect our bodies in numerous ways from childhood to adolescence, pregnancy, menopause and beyond. Cortisol is one of the hormones produced by stress, and you might have heard of it if you’ve ever seen those late night diet pill commercials with the image of the pixelated woman gaining weight in her abdomen. Our bodies need this hormone, but in small doses for short bursts of time. If elevated levels of Cortisol are being produced for a prolonged period of time, they suppress our sex hormones. Lower quantity of sex hormones equals lower libido.
Impact of Stress on Sex-
- Stress takes a toll on libido
- Low levels of libido imply lesser secretion of sex hormones, thus, affecting your sex life.
- Stress can interfere with your fertility, ovulation and sperm count.
- Stress can cause a shift in the hormones. In women, the change in hormones manifests in the form of an irregular ovulatory cycle.
How to rejuvenate your sex life?
- Communicate your feelings:Many-a-times, Many-a-times, communicating and sharing your feelings, desires and anxiety with your partner might be all that you need to rejuvenate your sex life.
- Regular exercise and proper sleep:20-30 20-30 minutes of body workout or a session of yoga every day helps you to de-stress. A proper eight-hour sleep cycle will also go a long way in de-stressing you.
- Supplements to boost your libido and energy:Taking Taking multivitamins, minerals, zinc and other supplements helps to boost your energy levels and libido, thus allowing you to enjoy your sex life to the fullest.
- Set the mood correctly:Set Set the right mood before your intimate sessions; with some soothing music, aromatic fragrance and dim lights. This can and will enhance your sex life by promoting relaxation, happiness and overall emotional wellbeing.
Viral infections usually lead to viral fever, which is characterised by high body temperatures and body ache
The main cause of viral fever is infection. It is contagious, and it spreads from one person to another by coming in contact directly with an infected person’s body fluids.Viruses Viruses are spread when an infected person sneezes, coughs, yawns or talks. Tiny particles of viruses are sprayed into the air, and if a healthy person is close enough, he/she can get infected and may start showing symptoms of fever anywhere between 16 to 48 hours
Symptoms of viral fever and other critical conditions can often be similar, which makes it hard to diagnose it. Thus it is important to know the exact symptoms of viral fever. In case, you or any other member of your family, are incapacitated with high fever, look out for the following symptoms
1. Fever can be intermittent, that is, it comes and goes in intervals
2. Fever is usually accompanied with chills (feeling of coldness induced by high fever)
3. Medicines do not work effectively
4. Fever persists longer than normal
5. Severe joint pains
6. Swollen face
Viral feverusually usually subside on their own, and can last for more than a week. But you should remember that antibiotics do not treat viral fever. Antibiotics are meant to kill bacteria, not viruses. So taking antibiotics during viral fever is not advised since it would not cure your symptoms, only give you an unpleasant case of acidity. Instead, you can take decongestants and over-the-counter anti-fever medications. If you lose a lot of body fluids (due to vomiting or diarrhoea), you need to consume fluids that will restore lost electrolytes, such as sport drinks or Gatorade. You can also try the following home remedies:
1. Coriander tea
2. Fenugreek water
3. Dill seeds porridge
4. Dry ginger concoction
5. Rice starch
6. Tulsi leaves
Viral fever can be prevented, and you don’t need to adopt any extreme measures. You can do simple things such as
1. Regularly wash your hands
2. Abstain from going to crowded places
3. Don’t touch your nose and mouth without washing your hands
4. If you do have a cold, cover your nose or mouth with a clean hanky while sneezing, coughing or yawning
An immune system disorder distinguished by dry mouth and dry eyes is known as Sjogren’s Syndrome. It can also cause dryness in places that require moisture, such as throat, nose and skin. Sjogren’s syndrome is often linked to other diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus (disease in which the immune system destroys its own tissues and causes inflammations). Sjogren’s syndrome normally affects people over the age of 40, and it mostly affects women.
Sjogren’s syndrome has mainly two symptoms, and they include:
- Dry eyes: You feel like there is sand in your eyes as it burns and itches
- Dry mouth: You have difficulty speaking or swallowing
Sometimes, you might experience other symptoms as well, such as:
- Joint pain, stiffness and swelling
- Inflamed salivary glands
- Dry skin or skin rashes
- Vaginal dryness
- Continuous dry coughs
- Sustained fatigue
The exact cause of Sjogren’s syndrome is not known, but research strongly suggests that the autoimmune disease could be caused by genetic factors; especially if the illness has been found in more than one member of the family. Also, families with members suffering from type I diabetes, lupus and autoimmune thyroid disease can cause one or more members of the family to develop Sjogren’s syndrome.
The complications of Sjogren’s syndrome include:
- Dental cavities: Saliva protects the teeth from harmful bacteria that cause cavities. Since your mouth is dry, you become more susceptible to develop cavities.
- Yeast infections: Oral thrush, an oral yeast infection, is likely to develop if you have Sjogren’s syndrome.
- Vision problems: Dry eyes can cause corneal ulcers, sensitivity and blurred vision.
- Problems in the lungs, liver or kidneys: Inflammations can lead to bronchitis or pneumonia in your lungs; may cause cirrhosis or hepatitis C in your liver; and may lead to kidney malfunctions.
- Lymphoma: Some people with Sjogren’s syndrome might develop lymphoma, or lymph node cancer.
Peripheral neuropathy: Another complication of this illness is peripheral neuropathy, which is a tingling, burning and numbness sensation felt in your feet and hands.
Sjogren’s syndrome is either treated with drugs, or with surgery. Doctors may prescribe drugs to increase the production of saliva and to treat inflammations. Alternatively, surgery is done to either seal the tear ducts or insert silicon or collagen plugs to close the ducts temporarily.
Penis fracture is a condition where an erect penis suffers a fracture. An erect penis is filled with blood, in this condition, if it is bent forcefully or suddenly, it can suffer a fracture.
The penis consists of two large cylinders and one smaller cylinder. During erection blood rushes to the two larger cylinders inflating them, thus turning the penis hard and erect. In this state, if it faces a sudden force, it can cause damage to the penis.
The symptoms of penis fracture are:
- Loss of erection almost immediately
- Feeling of pain in the affected area
- Bruising of the area
- A popping or cracking sound in case of sudden trauma
- In some cases the urethra can get damaged, causing blood to come out of it.
In case of penis fracture, one should seek medical advice immediately. If the condition is not treated then it can result in severe complications.A
A physical examination followed by MRI or urethrogram are used to diagnose the problem. Surgery is mostly recommended to repair the penis after the diagnosis and it should not be delayed for long. In case the surgery is delayed, scarring occurs and it can result in erectile dysfunction.
While having sex with my boyfriend some blood came to boyfriend penis, this is my fifth time sex, I want to know why blood coming out even I was not on period also, is it may come out from penis?
Hi I am masturbating for past 7 years unmarried 23 age. Now for me frequently urine coming. Is this side effects of masturbating.
Mujhe peshab halka pila hota hai par dard ya khoon nhi aata. Mujhe peshab ko white bnana hai iske liye koi ayurvedic dwa BTAYEIN. Pani zyada pine se peshab white to ho jata hai per temporary phir do baar peshab karne par tisra peshab pila ho jata hai AUR zyada pani pine se pet phul jata hai. Mujhe koi aisa ayurvedic dwa BTAYEIN jo pila peshab chahe jis wajah se ho wo white yani normal peshab ki tarah ho jaye. Peshaab ki jaanch me kuch bhi kharabi nhi nikla.
Sir, I have a foreskin problem. My penis's foreskin doesn't go below when it is erect and it pains it lot when I try it forcefully.
As obesity is becoming a big menace in daily affair to the individual's life and in their regular affairs and in the health system. Exercise and health go hand in hand, obesity is characterised as a state of low grade chronic inflammation. Excessive caloric intake compromises the immune system's ability to fight infection. High fat diets tend to depress the immune function.
Obese people are more prone to developing infections and antibiotics and vaccines do not act as well on them. To cope with this best solution through to maintain a healthy lifestyle, cycling for half an hour, a zumba class four to five times a week and a 20 minute walk are a few options that can go a long way keep immunity strong and in check.
Constipation is emerging as a common disease of the digestive tract. Constipation can make your bowels movement irregular and as a result it is not completely emptied. Constipation can lead to many diseases by producing the toxins in the body. Constipation weakens the vital organs and lowers the immunity of the body. Appendicitis, rheumatism, arthritis, high blood pressure and cancer are a few of the diseases in which chronic constipation plays an important part. The number of motions for normal health depends from person to person.The following are some insights on understanding constipation its causes,symptoms and home remedies to relieve constipation naturally.
How do I treat the constipation?
The following home remedies will treat the constipation.
Diet: The most important factor in curing constipation is a natural and simple diet. This should consist of unrefined food such as whole grain cereals, bran, honey and lentils; green leafy vegetables, like spinach, beans, lettuce, celery, asparagus, carrot.
Water: drinking water regularly keeps you hydrated, relieves the constipation by cleans the system and eliminate the poisons from the body. Normally six to eight glasses of water should be taken daily as it is essential for digesting and dissolving food nutrients so that they can be absorbed and utilized by the body.
Fruits: Generally all fruits, except banana and jack fruit, are beneficial in the treatment of constipation.
Pears are beneficial in the treatment of constipation.
Guava fruit when eaten with seeds, gives roughage to the diet and helps in the normal evacuation of the bowels.
Grapes: have also proved highly beneficial in overcoming constipation. The grapes have the cellulose; natural sugar and organic acid make them a natural laxative fruit. Not only they clean the bowel, but also tones up the stomach and intestines to relieve the chronic constipation.
Linseed: is extremely useful in difficult cases of constipation. One teaspoon of linseed with warm water should be taken at night for bulk and lubrication.
Dry fruits: Such as figs, raisins, apricots and dates.
Proper chewing: The diet alone is not enough. Food should be properly chewed-each morsel for at least 20 times.
Exercise: Simple exercises like walking, swimming strengthens the abdominal muscles and prevent the constipation.
Yoga: Certain yoga asana like bhujangasana, halasana, shalabhasana, yogamudra, dhanurasana also help to bring relief from constipation as they strengthen the abdominal and pelvic muscles and stimulate the peristaltic movement of the bowels.
Headache is a pain in any part of the head, including the scalp, upper neck, face (including the eye area).
A primary headache is caused by problems with or overactivity of pain-sensitive structures in your head. A primary headache isn't a symptom of an underlying disease.
What are the causes and triggers?
The three most common causes of a primary headache are:
- Cluster headache
- Tension-type headache
Some primary headaches can be triggered by lifestyle factors, including:
- Alcohol, particularly red wine
- Certain foods, such as processed meats that contain nitrates
- Changes in sleep or lack of sleep
- Poor posture
- Skipped meals
Doctors focus on determining whether a headache has another cause. They also check for symptoms suggesting that a headache is caused by a serious disorder. If no cause is identified, they focus on identifying which type of a headache is present.
Tips that could help before seeking consultation:
- Try to keep stress in check. Stay organized and prepared to minimize stressful situations. Have some fun, and don't overdo it at work.
- Try incorporating meditation or yoga in your daily regime
- Apply a heating pad, hot water bottle or warm compress to aching muscles. Or take a hot shower.
- Practice good posture to ease muscle strain. While standing, keep shoulders back and head level, buttocks and abdomen pulled in. While sitting, keep your head straight and thighs parallel to the floor.
When to seek consultation?
In people with headaches, certain characteristics are cause for concern; these people should immediately seek medical consultation:
- It occurs more frequently than usual
- Are more severe than usual
- Worsen or don't improve with appropriate use of over-the-counter drugs
- Prevent you from working, sleeping or participating in normal activities
- Headaches that cause you distress, and you would like to find treatment options that enable you to control them better
- Tenderness at the temple (as when combing hair) or jaw pain when chewing
- The presence of cancer or a disorder that weakens the immune system
- Use of a drug that suppresses the immune system
- Red eyes and halos seen around lights
If you are experiencing certain other symptoms like- headaches that increase in frequency or severity, headaches that begin after age 50, worsening vision, weight loss
A headache can be a symptom of a serious condition, such as a stroke, meningitis or encephalitis. Go to a hospital emergency room or your local emergency number if you have the worst headache of your life, a sudden, severe headache or a headache accompanied by:
- Confusion or trouble understanding speech
- Fainting, drowsiness, confusion
- High fever, greater than 102 f to 104 f (39 c to 40 c)
- Numbness, weakness or paralysis on one side of your body
- Stiff neck
- Trouble seeing, speaking or walking
- Nausea or vomiting (if not clearly related to the flu or a hangover)
If people with none of the above symptoms or characteristics start having headaches that are different from any they have had before or if their usual headaches become unusually severe, they should call a doctor.
Doctors can usually determine the type or cause of headaches based on the medical history, symptoms, and results of a physical examination. Depending on their other symptoms, the doctor may advise taking an analgesic or ask them to come for an evaluation.