Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Namakkal and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. ThangarajuYour feedback matters!
Iam 40 yrs old ,and having a habit of smoking since 10-15 yrs (4-5 cigaretts perday) ,since one year i am feeling very drowsy after taking my meals ,also i have thick cough in morning ,also i have severe pain in my right ankle ,which is severe in morning then mild thruout the day. Kinldy help me in identifying the problems /desease ?
My bp is 130/90 and Blood reports shows FBS is 119 and PLBS is 171. Kindly advise ether for both any single table is available. Or without the tablet the disease can be controlled. It is necessary to take tablet.
I am 37 years old man and im having high blood pressure ever since last 6 months. I have done many home remedies but nothing is working. Please suggest something that can help me.
My Cardiologist has advised not to take any greasy, oily stuff in the food, but you advise the other way for the Ghee. I have two stents installed in my arteries and doing pretty well. I am overwhelmed with bewilderment and stunned. Do you have clinical proofs to assert your observations? Like researcher. Have found out etc etc or as Several researches indicate that these fatty acids have the ability to burn calories and bringing about weight loss. While decreasing hunger, they are also responsible for oxidation of fats that get accumulated in your body.
I am 45 years male, having chest pain in both right and left chest. When I take voveron tablet the pain goes away. But comes back few days latter. Kindly advise.
My daughter is 18 years old, her regular routine getting up from bed is 9.00 Am and college by 12.00,but skipping morning break fast and for name sake having lunch, night 2 dosa. This is her regular. We need your suggestion as we have already had tested her blood and scan abdomen, result doctor referred to take food on time and presume water good. So we need your suggestion to make her eat and good exercise regularly.
I was having chest pain with breathlessness. I went for Stress Test at a well known ayurvedic chain of clinics. I could not complete the test. TMT was done next day it was normal the ayurvedic doctor consulted two cardiologists and gave the incomplete stress report as normal. At present I am not having any chest pain. My question is could the chest pain and breathlessness be because of gas problem.
I am facing a major problem im a patients of bp my bp is any time low and any time go to high how to control,
I was committed with a girl in life event, she loves me n I do. Her parents not allowing her to speak with me. Am suffering a lot with her thoughts and even I get pain in my heart severely. Help me what should I have to do?
Complications in the heart valve occur when the functioning of the heart valve is impaired. Valves of the heart allow the blood to flow in one direction and prevent the blood from flowing back into the ventricles of the heart.
Heart valve diseases can be classified as follows:
- Valvular stenosis: This condition occurs when the valves of the heart does not open completely due to stiffness. As the opening is narrow, the heart has to work hard to pump blood. This condition may lead to heart failure.
- Valvular insufficiency: This is a condition where the valve does not close tightly. This causes some of the blood to flow back to the valve. As this condition deteriorates, the heart has to work harder to pump blood.
Types and Causes of valve diseases:
- Acquired valve disease: The structure of the valve changes due to various infections or rheumatic fever. Rheumatic fever is caused by bacterial infection that had not been treated. It tends to occur in children and cause inflammation of the valve.
- Congenital valve disease: This condition usually affects the pulmonary valve where the size of the valve is abnormal.
- Bicuspid aortic valve disease: It is a type of valve disease that impairs the aortic valve. Instead of the regular three cusps, the bicuspid valve only has two. This may cause the valve to be stiff or cause it to leak.
- Mitral valve prolapse: This condition causes the valve to flop back when the heart contracts. This condition also causes the leaflets of the valve to turn irregularly and cause it to stretch. This condition causes the valve to leak.
Symptoms: The symptoms of valve diseases are as follows:
- Weakness: This condition may cause weakness and cause severe discomfort while performing daily activities.
- Palpitations: Symptoms such as irregular heartbeats, skipped beats and rapid heart rhythm occurs in this condition.
- Rapid weight gain: This condition can cause you to gain weight very rapidly.
- It may cause swelling in your ankles, abdomen and feet.
- This condition causes shortness of breath.
My husband age 59years is suffering from 70%blockage in lad&doctor adv ptca+stenting. Is it cure by medicine?
Hypertension or High Blood Pressure (HBP) is a long-term or chronic health condition where the pressure of the flow of blood is always high in the arteries. High blood pressure can develop over many years and affects everyone at some point in life but if not treated for a very long time, it can escalate the risks of a number of cardiovascular problems and chronic kidney disorders.
1. Primary Hypertension - High blood pressure caused by genetic, prenatal or other natural causes like aging (people over 60 develop HBP) is known as primary hypertension.
2. Secondary Hypertension - Secondary hypertension is that which is caused due to specific conditions, like kidney disorders, lung disorders etc.
Blood pressure depends on the amount of blood pumped by the heart and the radius of the blood vessels. The delicate balance can get disturbed due to a number of factors.
Primary hypertension may be caused by genetic factors. There are 35 identified genetic loci related to blood pressure. Mutations in these can cause chronic HBP. Other factors like maternal smoking, deficiency of vitamin D, deficiency of calcium, insufficient breast milk consumption also increase the risk of HBP.
Secondary hypertension is caused by a variety of conditions like hypothyroidism, hypothyroidism, nephritis, asthma, sleep apnea, depression, pregnancy etc. Overconsumption of caffeine, alcohol, sodium and illegal drugs may also be responsible for high blood pressure.
Hypertension may not show any warning symptoms for several years while it continues to develop. A few tell-tale signs are frequent throbbing headaches, shortness of breath, nosebleeds, excessive sweating but these only occur when there is an extremely serious medical complication.
Treatment and Prevention
Hypertension is a common condition, especially after the age of 40. Medication may help control severely high blood pressure to an extent but certain lifestyle changes go a long way in both preventing and treating the disorder. Some of them are:
1. Taking regular blood pressure readings after the age of 25. A normal blood pressure is not more than 120/80 mm Hg.
2. Obesity causes hypertension. A normal Body Mass Index of 30kg/sq. m. is to be maintained.
3. The daily diet should include at least 4 to 6 portions of fruits and vegetables.
4. Salt intake is to be limited.
5. Drinking and smoking are to be minimized.
6. Stress and burnout should be avoided.
Related Tip: High Blood Pressure and Sex?