Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Namakkal and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ThangarajuYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years of age, one month back I have got high bp due to anxiety 160/90 after that I am doing yoga meditation and walking too I am taking bp tablets now and doctor told me that to take tablets for life though my bp is normal 120/80 now, can I stop taking medicines as I am working on yoga meditation and walking?
I am 59 years old having undergone angioplasty in June 2015. Post procedure, I suffered from acidity, constipation and muscular pain around heart region. As soon as I recovered from this, I suffered from back pain and pain in gluten area. I could not sit on a chair for long. My wife was diagnosed with parkinson in February 2016. She has responded to the treatment and doctor has given positive feedback to her. I am also having difficulty at work front due to non cooperation of colleagues. Antidepressant by the Psychiatrist Estazolam5 half tablet also created headache and I was sleeping the whole day. I am able to understand that I am in a difficult situation and I also feel that I need to get on with life with new realities, but not able to do so.
Hello. Few days ago I was giving an exam of mine. I am a patient of hypertension since last 6 years. During the exam I was in a state of trans and don't know how, I lost my consciousness. I felt that my soul is leaving my body and I seemed to have lost my worldly desires. My breathing stopped for about 10-15 seconds. My whole body became cold. What could be the reason for it as I have not yet consulted my physician on this?
I am jay panchal I am 17 years old and I am suffering for fever around 100Fand I also got 160/100 blood pressure so I wanna know that does fever increase blood pressure please give me answer of this question. And also give me remedies for thatthank you.
Systolic ? is the highest pressure against the arteries as the heart pumps. The normal systolic pressure is usually between 110 and 130mmHg.
Diastolic ? is the pressure against the arteries as the heart relaxes and fills with blood. The normal diastolic pressure is usually between 70 and 80mmHg.
Our survival is solely reliant on the working of the heart. It is this that makes the prospect of a heart failure so fatal and so terrifying. Notwithstanding what the heart evokes, a heart failure is not indicative of a defunct heart; but only a situation when the heart pumps weaker than what is generally deemed as natural. Consequently, the blood flows at a slower rate to the heart and the body that in turn increases pressure in the heart. The oxygen that is produced by the heart in such a scenario is scanty and insufficient for the body.
body responds with its own defense mechanism, as the heart, in an attempt to hold more blood, stretches its chambers. Though this strenuous effort may keep the blood moving, it would gradually and inevitably weary the heart with all the effort. Subsequently, the kidney responds by retaining more salt and fluid in the body. These fluids may accumulate in different parts of the body, mainly in the legs, feet, ankles leading to congestion in the body. This very condition in medical terminology is referred to as congestive heart failure.
Different causes can contribute to the onset of such a fatal condition. Some of them are
- Coronary artery disease: In such a condition, the arteries supply insufficient amount of oxygen and blood to the heart. Subsequently, the heart receives scanty amount of nutrients and oxygen.
- Heart attack: The sudden, unanticipated blockage of the coronary artery and the ensuing stoppage of the flow of the blood lead to a heart attack. The heart muscles are damaged in such a case and prevent the proper functioning.
- Diseases: Though the term may be generic and over expansive, most of the ailments which people suffer from tend to manifest themselves by posing a potential threat to the functioning of the heart. A high blood pressure, kidney disease, even a thyroid disease can cause congestive heart failure.
Every disorder is preceded by certain symptoms, and congestive heart failure is no different. Some of them are
- Fatigue: This is one of the most perceptible symptoms of congestive heart failure. One of the earliest premonitions of an impending heart failure is a nagging sense of weariness and lethargy.
- Swelling: As the condition is characterized by accumulation and build-up of fluids in various part of the body, swelling is an inevitable symptom of this condition and a clear indication of the ailment.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.