Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Nallasopara east. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunil Laxman Birhade
Treatment of Lactation problems
Management of Restless Child Disorder
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Treatment of Neurofibromatosis
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil Laxman BirhadeYour feedback matters!
Hello, my daughter is 5+ n she is having fever n boils r coming all over her body. I think she is going through chickepox. Please suggest me. To get rid of this.
My daughter is 2 years 4 months old. She has stopped feeding during day. However i'm not able to wean off her during night. She sleeps with feeding and wakes up 2-3 times in night. She is eating food properly. Please help me regarding this.
My son- 1 year 3 month age, body very weak- 8.100 kg weight. Only, in his blood test- found ammonia very high 4.8, calcium very low, blood low, so to control ammonia to reduce which food will I give and which food to avoid, which food will give to increase blood, calcium, please Doctor give suggestion.?
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
I have a baby Girl age 2 years old, She suffering a problem ,Every 10/15 days asserity problem. And fiver is coming. What should we do?
6 month baby has mouth ulcer. I apply a gel in mouth choline salicylic & lignocain she feels good but after 2 days same problem any other treatment please.
My son is 3 years old, he have mouth infection like we say mouth ulcer, every month once he get this, in that time he get fever also and also vomiting. Why he get like this?
My daughter is not interesting to eat any food. I have applied all formulas for her. But she is not interested. Please sir, suggest me for my daughter. Thank u.
My daughters age 10+, her period is not start now, we want her weight gain before starting her period.
My 10month old son's head is always warm, l will say its hot 40-45degrees. Why is it so, is it normal or I shud take him for treatment?
My son faces some learning difficulties, lack of concentration & minute dyslexia as per our observation since last 2-3 yrs. He is 6 yrs old & will be going to class 1 in dwarka, Delhi, Need guidance & suggestions for ensuring that my son get over this issue as earliest as possible.
My son is 15 months old he is suffering from diarrhea from last 3 days. I hv given him homoeopathy medicine also constant Ors water. Bt still he is not ok. What do I give him. To control.
My baby is 4 month old and as he rolling due to pressure on stomach he is vomiting a lot and his toilet is yellowish color proper but doing 3 to 4 times a day little little. Here he is drinking and then rolling and then vomiting. He is not vomiting milk but it's like dahi. Dr. he suggested perinorm 8 drops thrice a day is it safe to give him perinorm as I have read a lot of side effect of perinorm. If not safe then kindly suggest me the substitute for d same.
Ayurveda has a solution of celiac disease please suggest me. My nine years old daughter is suffering from celiac disease.
Growth hormone or somatropin is responsible for cell growth as well as reproduction. But insufficient somatropin production by the pituitary gland may result in lack in height. It is mostly caused by a serious brain injury, any prevalent medical condition or might occur as a birth defect.
- Congenital GHD - This form of GHD appears from at the time of birth itself.
- Acquired GHD- GHD can be acquired during later life as a result of trauma, infection, tumor growth within the brain or radiation therapy.
- Idiopathic GHD- Idiopathic GHD is the third, and comparatively worst kind of GHD since it has no treatment.
GHD is mostly permanent, but can also be transient. Read on to know how to detect whether you or your child is suffering from growth hormone deficiency (GHD).
- Restricted height- Compared to other children of your child's age, he/she may be of shorter height, which is a rather conclusive sign to detect somatropin deficiency.
- Chubby and comparatively younger appearance- Your child may have a proportionate body, but if he/she is unnaturally chubby and has a baby-face compared to other children, he/she may be suffering from GHD.
- Late puberty- Your child's puberty maybe later than usual or even not appear at all, depending upon the gravity of the GHD.
- Hypoglycemia and exaggerated jaundice- Low blood sugar is amongst the most primary manifestations of GHD, along with extended duration of jaundice.
- Micro-penis- Micro penis condition is one of the incident signs of GHD, which later escalates to growth deficit as the infant gets older.
- Fatigue- Adults with GHD may experience extreme tiredness throughout the day, with reduced muscle strength.
- Osteoporosis- Osteoporosis, along with bodily deformities, is a common sign in adults with GHD.
- Lipid abnormalities- A test of your lipid profile may reveal abnormalities in LDL cholesterol, insulin resistance, and impaired cardiac functions.
Tests to determine GHD:
- Physical test- A chart is drawn to determine the proportion of height and weight with respect to your age to detect anomalies.
- Hand X-ray- A hand X-ray can determine whether the age of bones are at par with your age.
- MRI-MRI scan can determine the health of your brain and pituitary gland.
- Test for other hormones- Growth Hormone may not be solely responsible for your health condition, so it is important to determine if other hormone levels are all normal.
- Hormone supplements- Hormone supplements like corticosteroids (hydrocortisone or prednisone), Levothyroxine (levoxyl, synthroid, etc), and others work to replenish the deficiency of pituitary hormones.
- Growth hormone injection- GH is injected beneath your skin, to cure GDH. This is a long-term treatment and requires constant monitoring.