Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Nainital and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D. S Rawat
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. D. S RawatYour feedback matters!
Pneumonia is a type of lung infection that may affect one or both lungs. In this condition, the air sacs, also known as alveoli, fill with pus or fluid, which makes it difficult to breathe. Moreover, pneumonia is known to cause inflammation in the air sacs. This disease may range from mild to life-threatening and the severity depends on the cause of inflammation, the organism fostering your infection, your age and general health.
Most common symptoms associated with the condition are:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Shaking chills
- Rapid heartbeat
- Rapid breathing
- Dry cough
- Muscle aches
- Bluish skin tone due to oxygen deficiency
- Blood in sputum that is coughed up mucus
- Labored breathing
- High fever
- Bacteria: One of the most common causes of pneumonia is the bacteria named as Streptococcus pneumoniae. This type of pneumonia may occur after you have had flu or a cold or maybe even on its own. Moreover, it may affect only one part of the lung i.e. the lobe and is also known as lobar pneumonia.
- Viruses: Viruses are one of the main reasons why children below 5 years of age suffer from pneumonia. Viruses that cause pneumonia may also cause cold or flu. Viral pneumonia is usually mild and may be treated at home itself. However, in some cases, it may be very severe and life-threatening.
- Mycoplasmas: Mycoplasma is a type of bacteria that doesn't have a cell wall around the cell membrane which is why they are usually unaffected by most antibiotics which target cell wall synthesis. The symptoms of pneumonia caused by mycoplasmas are mild and the patient does not require bed rest. This type of pneumonia is known as 'Walking Pneumonia'.
- Fungi: People with weakened immune systems or chronic health problems usually develop pneumonia due to fungi. You may also develop fungal pneumonia by inhaling large doses of it mainly found in soil or bird droppings.
It is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunized against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I'm 29 yes old got married 5 months ago, still semen coming out while hvng sex. Kindly tell how to solve this. Tx.
Hy sir, I am 16 year old .M aapse yeh puch na chah rha tha ki m kya ashwagandha ya satavari ka upyog kr skta hoon. Aur ha to kis brand ka best h aur ni to koi aur weakness dur krne ka trika bta dijye. Kyonki thode din phle hi mere jaundice hua tha jiski wajah se mujhe kaafi weakness as gyi h.Aur thodi mastrubation ki wajah se aa gyi h.
Hello sir, I tested my diabetes after my lunch it was 220. Now what should I can, what is my precaution of diabetes & what is symton of it ?
My father's (52 yr) 1 side ear nerve is 50% dried Dr. has prescribed tablets course for 6 days Is it possible that tablets can cure nd make that nerve 100%? Tablet drugs are:- 1) Mecobalamin,2) Cefuroxime and Potassium, 3)methylprednisolone, 4)montelukast sodium and levocetirizine hydrochloride.
Technically Tennis Elbow is a misnomer, since most often it occurs in non tennis players. Less than 5% of patients of tennis elbow play tennis (Ludwig Ombregt et al)
Tennis elbow is a clinical condition where patient feels pain on the outer side of elbow while attempting to lift any object with palm facing downwards but the same act can be done with the palm facing upwards. Pain is also produced in any rotatory movement at the wrist e.g. opening a tap or wringing the clothes.
This is due to the internal swelling (inflammation) on the outside (Lateral Side) of the lower end of arm bone (Humerus, Lateral Epicondyle). It is at this place that all the muscles of the fore arm that lift the wrist upwards (Common Extensors) are attached. Any attempt to move these muscles cause pain.
Tennis Elbow is usually caused by a direct hit on the lateral epicondyle. Other diseases like Koch’s or metastatic deposits should be ruled out. Sometimes Cervical Spondylosis may present as tennis elbow. It is more common in diabetic and obese people.
Treatment is simple.
Diabetes must be ruled out and controlled.
Avoid painful acts and activities.
Fomentation with warm water or paraffin wax bath helps.
Pressure bandage during the day gives relief; it should be avoided at night as it can cause swelling of the fore arm.
Non steroid, anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) have a definite role to play in the management of tennis elbow they take away pain and swelling at the common extensor origin. There is effect is potentiated by anti oxidants like omega three fatty acids, methyl, cobalamine and other vitamin supplements.