Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in nagpur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Prachi Jain
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Prachi JainYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dt. Prachi Jain provides answers that are knowledgeable and very helpful. Thnks ,I will start this things soon
She is very helpful and kind.helping and knowledge full doctor
Hello dr's team, my son is 3 years old, and looking like so thin and he is not having proper food so our relatives are suggesting to give him" pediasure" but I personally feel to get a advise from doctors team before giving him pediasure. Its very important your advise please. Thanks & regards, bagavathi. S +91 mobile.
I'm 19 years old and i'm very thin as compared to my friends they all are in same age group but I have a huge tummy I can't afford gym tell me how must weight to be (sorry for my bad english) help me.
Simple sugar, also known as monosaccharide, is the basic unit of carbohydrates. The simplest forms of sugar are usually colourless and crystalline and exist in forms of glucose, fructose and galactose. Simple sugar is deemed to be a major concern according to all health nutritionists.
- Causes obesity: Sugar present in all kinds of junk food is considered to be the biggest cause of obesity as fructose easily converts into fat inside your body. Consuming too much sugar can put too much pressure on your liver as it is responsible for converting fructose into fat. Large amounts of sugar are directly converted into fat, thus, putting you at a very high risk of becoming obese.
- Increases risk of contracting heart diseases: Consuming too much sugar throughout the day causes a hike in your insulin levels which can further affect your nervous system. An excess of sugar in your blood stream also causes your blood pressure to rise which makes you more likely to get a heart stroke. Thus, to avoid cardiac problems at a young age, you must cut down your sugar intake.
- Weakens immune system: Sugar is a major reason for inflammation which affects the central immune system adversely. With an excess intake of sugar, the body becomes less effective in dealing with infection and common cold because phagocytes (white blood cells) cannot do their job properly of engulfing dangerous bacteria. Thus, you should aim at boosting your immune system by cutting down on sugar completely.
- Quickens aging process: The sugar content in your body creates molecules known as AGEs (Advanced glycation end products) which attack the fibres in elastin and collagen (the building blocks of the cells on your skin). A study also proved that consuming too much sugar can result in acne as the collagen in your skin weakens. Thus, to maintain youthful looking skin for longer, you should remove sugar from your diet completely.
- Makes you addicted: Most people who consume too much sugar get addicted to it. According to a study, the addiction to sugar is very similar to addiction to tobacco and drugs. You might start craving sugar and depending on it to change your mood more often than required.
Sometimes, gaining weight can be very tricky. Many people might want to gain weight due to a variety of reasons; the more common of them being health issues, to increase energy by gaining healthy weight and also to look good.
Gaining weight gradually also helps to ward off certain medical complications, such as osteoporosis which is a condition characterized by brittle and weak bones. It is not advisable to gain weight by eating junk and unhealthy food; intake of too much fat is also very harmful for the body. It is better to gradually increase the intake of food.
Healthy foods to eat for gaining weight:
Dried fruits: Raisins, figs, dates and prunes are very healthy because they provide a steady supply of energy throughout the day. A handful (50 grams) of these dried fruits contains about 150 calories.
Starchy vegetables: Vegetables such as corn, peas, potato and artichokes have healthy calories, which help you to gain weight safely. 100 grams of these vegetables on a daily basis also help to enhance your metabolic rate thus, increasing your energy reserve.
Healthy fats and oil: 100 grams of mashed potatoes have about 90 calories whereas, the same portion of oatmeal has about 70 calories. Smoothies can also serve as the perfect food for healthy weight gain, owing to their measured calories (about 42 calories per 100 grams); and also considering the fact that they are a treat to your taste buds. A tablespoon of olive oil has 120 calories. It is advisable to consume food cooked in olive oil to gain weight faster.
Wheat germ and flax meal: Apart from the healthy calories they pack, wheat germ and flax seeds are also rich in Omega-3 fatty acids,which help keep a number of cardiovascular diseases at bay.
Beverages: Drink a milkshake made of vanilla yogurt and whole milk. You can also add nuts, olive oil and avocados to your smoothie to add a few more calories. A high calorie diet containing protein powder, banana and yogurt can also help you gain weight without putting on unhealthy fats or calories.