Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Nagpur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Jayashree PendharkarYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old I have deficiency in serum ferritin levels and vitamin b12 how can I normalize it?
I am even obese so what can I do to reduce my weight ayurvedically, and what diet plan should I follow? age-17 yrs, weight-119 kg.
About 80 percent of people all across the globe experience lower back pain at some stage in their lives. It is one of the most common reasons why people miss their work and appoint a physiotherapist. But lower back pain is an ailment that can be avoided with proper knowledge and some back exercises. In case your lower back pain is not under control and you have been neglecting it, you are susceptible to acute pain, sciatica, nerve pain and pain in other regions caused from a pinched nerve. Long-term pain in the back portion can lead to permanent ailments like degenerative disc disease or spinal stenosis.
Probable causes of lower back pain: Severe pain in the lower back region can be caused due to a herniated disc, back muscle pain, ligament strain or any other non-specific pain. An individual may also suffer from lower back pain due to systemic conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia or ankylosing spondylitis. Though these causes are very common in most people suffering from lower-back pain, the diagnosis varies from person to person and to ensure the best care to alleviate the pain, you must consult a responsive musculoskeletal physiotherapist.
Stages for assessing and treating lower back pain: Managing the back pain is the primary objective of physiotherapy. In reality, back pain is the final symptom that is developed and the first thing that must be addressed.
- Stage I: Back pain relief: The physiotherapist is going to use different types of tools and items to help the pain subside along with the inflammation. These include electrotherapy, acupuncture, ice application, soft-tissue massage and deloading taping techniques. Sometimes the physiotherapist may also recommend an anti-inflammatory drug if the pain is intolerable.
- Stage II: Restoring normal strength: With the settling of pain and inflammation, you are more susceptible to injury because though your pain has subsided, your ligaments and muscles are weak. Your doctor will aim at restoring normal motion of lumbar spine, muscle endurance and strength, proprioception, balance and walking abilities.
- Stage III: Restoring full body function: Depending on your daily chores and activity, your physiotherapist will aim at restoring the function of your back portion to keep you safe while performing the chosen activities. For some, it may be taking a slow walk around the park while for others it may mean taking part in some sports activity.
- Stage IV: Preventing recurrence: Your physiotherapist will rehabilitate you to prevent further occurrence of this excruciating pain by suggesting proper postures, exercise and core muscle workout.
Each of these stages are important to help you get rid of severe back pain and with daily exercise, you can regulate your body and spare yourself from recurrence of this lower back pain.
Is lemon with hot water or lemon and honey with hot water will reduce weight naturally? If so then How many days can see the results.
I m Aman from Chandigarh, age 30 years height 5feet-11inch, my weight is 63 kgs, I want to be healthy, now I look like a thin person. How I can increase my weight and fats I had tried capsules of multivitamin but I haven't find and response
My neighbor 38 years old he was very good healthy person 3 days ago he suddenly feeling eating whole night in morning he himself went to the hospital. The omitting was so normal. Then Dr. given him 3 back to back injection after 30 min he died :-(so we lost him. I want to know what happened actually Dr. not giving postmortem report also. he has 2 children they both lose their father due to just eating how should it is possible? Please help their family members behaving like mad persons.
Is your partner pestering you to lose weight? Is constant fatigue and weakness a common complaint of yours? If yes, then it is time to knock those extra pounds off. Besides raising your self-esteem up by a few notches, it will also keep you fitter and healthier. Ayurveda is an age-old system of medicine that is holistic, natural and free from side-effects, unlike conventional treatment methods. Here are some tips that you may employ to keep your waist slick:
- Eat Healthy: Eating healthy does not only mean avoiding junk food; it also includes picking the right kind of healthy foods. So eat a well-balanced diet comprising of a mix of carbohydrates, fats and protein. Include plenty of vegetables in your diet as they contain little calories and are filled with antioxidants, which prevent free radical damage. Stay away from junk food as they contain hidden sugar and fats that could wreak havoc on your waistline.
- Get Moving: If you think exercise could be the last thing, prepare a new list wherein exercise enjoys the utmost priority. You can start your day with a 20 minute jog which will not only keep the kilos off but also improve your mood. Aim for 30-40 minutes of light exercise every day to burn the extra calories. If you have a sedentary job, then take frequent breaks to move about.
- Limit Liquor Consumption: Excessive consumption of alcoholic drinks, such as beer takes a toll on your waistline. It contains empty calories that are easily converted into fats by the body. So if you are going drinking with your friends, remember not to drink like a fish.
- Combat Stress: Stress can add to your weight as it can induce binge eating in some people. Practice relaxation techniques, such as meditation to bring down stress levels. You can also practice simple breathing techniques (pranayama and other breathing asanas) to help you relax.
Types of Ayurvedic Massages For Losing Weight
Udvartana - It is the most widely used technique for toning and weight loss. This technique involves the combination of certain prescribed herbal powders along with oil and it is applied to the body. This technique helps build body strength along with accelerating fat loss. The trademark of this massage technique involves some specific movements and each session is recommended to continue for a span of about 45 minutes every day for visible results.
Advantages of Udvartana:
- Improves complexion and makes the skin look fairer
- Helps to burn unwanted excess fat and breaks down cellulite
- You will see reduction in body odour
- If you get a general feeling of heaviness, then this massage technique is recommended for you
- Circulation in the skin is improved
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
Everyday you’ll hear about a new fancy ‘superfood’ that you absolutely must include in your daily diet. Some would ask you to gorge on goji berries, while some would advise bingeing on bee pollen (!). All this can get a little overwhelming for the average Indian individual. The good news is that there are certain everyday superfoods you can get from your local mandi.
Here are six of them you easily could and absolutely should include in your cart to guarantee a healthier and longer life without burning a hole in your wallet at an expensive gourmet store.
1. Carrots: Carrots are your best source for a healthy intake of Vitamin C, beta-carotene (Vitamin A), magnesium, potassium, and other antioxidants that are essential for the functioning of your immune system. Plus the good thing about carrots is you can have them anyway you want - so sauté them as a part of your mixed vegetables or feast on your favourite 'gajar ka halwa.' The choice is yours. One raw carrot a day is ideal.
2. Coconuts: An excellent source of essential fatty acids, raw coconuts are equipped with quite a few health benefits. They are anti-microbial food and natural hormone boosters. The other good thing about them- they don't add to your weight. Coconut fat is used by the liver for the production of energy, thereby keeping your weight in check. Raw coconut shreds, raw coconut butter and coconut flour are the forms in which you should consume this superfood. Although if you’re already obese, you should avoid consuming coconut as it has a high calorie and saturated fat content.
3. Apples: 'An apple a day, keeps the doctor away' did not become so popular without cause. High quantities of pectin, potassium and Vitamin C make it a superfood you just can't ignore. Apples are known to keep your heart healthy, lower your cholesterol and body weight and improve your mood. Plus, they keep you fuller for a longer time than unhealthy processed junk food. A fun fact you must know- the tarter the apple, the better it is for you as it contains more antioxidants. 3 apples a day are good to keep you healthy always.
4. Bananas: The superpower of bananas lies in its tryptophan content. Tryptophan is an amino acid that converts to serotonin. Serotonin is a brain neurotransmitter that improves your mood, so you should be sure to add it to your grocery list next time. Potassium and Vitamins B and C further make it a superfood you must try. Have it raw or make a smoothie for yourself to enjoy its benefits. Just like apples, 3 bananas a day are good enough.
5. Dark Chocolate: At the end of a hard day, it is important to treat yourself. So why not go for a healthy dose of dark chocolate? Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants, and is currently creating buzz in the medical world that it might be helpful in preventing cardiovascular disease. Do you need more reason to indulge?
A word of caution: Be careful with your consumption of dark chocolate, specifically if you suffer from cardiac disorders or have a high cholesterol. Its high calorie content is not good for those who are overweight either. It is advisable to have no more than 100 gms of dark chocolate in a day.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Cashew nuts or Kaju are extremely nutritious and delicious to eat. They are rich in vitamins, minerals, soluble dietary fiber and antioxidants that are essential for the normal functioning of your body.
The following are some of the health benefits of cashew nuts:
- Ensures healthy heart: Cashew nuts have a comparatively low fat content than most other nuts.It is cholesterol free, has rich antioxidants and contains a number of health-promoting phyto-chemicals that ensure protection against various heart diseases.
- Prevents cancer: Cashew nuts are rich in flavonoids that are known to be effective in combating the growth of tumor cells. It is rich in copper content that helps prevent and control the formation of cancerous cells and protects you from colon cancer.
- Manages hypertension and promotes health of nerves: Cashew nut contains magnesium, which is known for its effectiveness in controlling the levels of blood pressure. It enables you to control your blood pressure thereby, enabling you to manage hypertension. Lack of magnesium also affects the health of your nerves.
- Prevents macular degeneration: According to studies, regular consumption of most nuts tends to prove effective in reducing the risk of macular degeneration in the long term. Cashew nuts are among such nuts that have the ability to filter the sun's UV rays and offer you protection against age related macular degeneration.
- Aids in weight loss: According to studies, people who indulge in the regular consumption of cashew nuts and practice an active lifestyle are less susceptible to sudden weight gain than people who do not. Cashew nuts also contain good cholesterol and are hence considered to be very good for your overall health.
- Prevents gallstones: Gallstones are usually hard masses that are found in the bile duct or gallbladder. Gallstones normally develop due to the fatty nature of the cholesterol which obstructs its breakdown. According to studies, eating cashew nuts, in moderation, on a regular basis is helpful for preventing the formation of gallstones in women.
- Promotes health of tissue: Cashew nuts are rich in copper content, which when reacts with iron present in your body, leads to the creation of new and healthy red blood cells. It also helps in the production of collagen that keeps your tissues strong and healthy.
1. Water indirectly helps weight loss. If we choose water or eat a diet higher in water-rich foods that are healthier, more filling, and help you trim calorie intake.
2. Food with high water content tends to look larger, its higher volume requires more chewing, and it is absorbed more slowly by the body, which helps to feel full. Water-rich foods include fruits, vegetables, broth-based soups, oatmeal, and beans.
3. Water can help lower blood pressure, as blood is mainly comprised of water. Dehydration will definitely affect your blood pressure adversely. Excessive salt consumption can adversely affect blood pressure, sodium can be flushed out of the body by drinking clean purified water daily.
4. Water can help lower the cholesterol. Drinking plenty of water will keep the blood ways clean and eliminate excess build up of cholesterol waste from the body.
5. The quality of the drinking water can also have an effect on our cholesterol levels. Chlorine in drinking water can raise levels of plasma cholesterol, most tap water is chlorinated. Therefore, it is good to install a quality water filtration system that can remove chlorine and other harmful chemicals from drinking water.
6. The main toxin in the body is blood urea nitrogen, a water-soluble waste that is able to pass through the kidneys to be excreted in the urine. If you chronically drink too little, you may be at higher risk for kidney stones, especially in warm climates.
7. Water helps maintain normal bowel function. When you don't get enough fluid, the colon pulls water from stools to maintain hydration and results in constipation.
Is endura mass or protein X is healthy for me? For gaining weight. I don't go gym but you do workouts in home.
I'm hypo thyroid patient and taking so much care about my diet and exercise still i'm not able to control my weight.
If you are struggling to gain weight here is an all time unbeatable way to do so. Have a healthy snack right in the middle of two meals. However, if you do not snack at the right interval or have it too close to meal times, it would only result in a reduced appetite. Pack yourself some fruits, nuts, yogurts, or granola bars as snacks.
Caution: try to avoid the easy but unhealthy junk food route. Fast food only adds unhealthy weight which will prove to be detrimental later in life.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.