Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Nagpur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay Shankar Agarwal
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay Shankar AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am 58 years old and from Mumbai. Travelling to office - to and from around 80 kms daily. On 14.09.2016 I have done blood test and the report shows --- FASTING BLOOD SUGAR -- 109.30. Please advise.
Hi, I am a diabetic and take 20 ml insulin twice my sugar level keeps on fluctuating. Whenever I do sex I need a viagra tab 50 mg I want to know that will I be able to bear a normal healthy child. Will I be able to do sex with out any medic please clarify as my life has become havoc.
My mother is diabetic from last 16 years. Her age is 62. Now her s. Creatine level level has gone upta 10.30.I stopped her allopathy and started giving her homeopathy treatment along with ayurvedic treatment. Can homeopathic treatment harmful in any way.
Diabetes is a lifestyle disease that can easily be managed by controlling our diet. Along with being aware of your sugar intake, your diet should help you lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. However, this does not mean you have to resign yourself to a lifetime of tasteless food.
Here are a few diet tips that can help manage diabetes:
- Choose high fiber carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are an essential element of the daily diet but have a huge impact on blood sugar levels. Hence, it is important to pick the right carbohydrates. Your diet should have a limited amount of refined carbohydrates such as white bread, pasta, soda etc. and should be focused more on high fiber carbohydrates such as brown rice, sweet potatoes, rolled oats and bran flakes that are digested slowly. This prevents your body from producing excessive insulin.
- Be sweet smart: The key to indulge your sweet tooth and controlling diabetes is moderation. Abruptly, removing sugar from your diet can make you crave for it. Instead, gradually lower your sugar intake. If you can't miss out on the dessert at the end of a meal, reduce the amount of carbohydrates in your meal. Adding healthy fats like peanut butter, yogurt or nuts to your dessert can also slow down the digestive process and thus control blood sugar level.
- Keep a food diary: When you are diabetic, it is very important to eat at regular intervals. Eating frequent, small meals are often better than fewer large meals. Try and maintain a food diary to keep track of your calorie intake. This helps identify problem areas of where your body is getting excessive calories from. When you are aware of the calories associated with things you eat, it is easier to cut down on snacks and replace unhealthy snacks with healthier options.
- Choose fats wisely: It is impossible to completely cut out fats from your diet. While some fats such as liquid vegetable oils and commercial baked goods are unhealthy, others have important health benefits. Unsaturated fats are the healthiest and safest. Replacing your vegetable cooking oil for olive oil and biscuits with nuts are easy ways to make smart choices with your fat intake.
- Go green: Green leafy vegetables are low on carbohydrates and high on nutrients. Thus, make them an integral part of your meal. Vegetables like kale, spinach, lettuce, etc. can be eaten raw or cooked. Along with being nutritious, they also add texture and color to your meals, thus making them more visually appealing.
Related Tip: "5 Signs That You're Suffering From Diabetes?"
Infertility is defined as a condition where a woman is unable to conceive a child despite having 1-2 years of unprotected sexual intercourse with a male partner but help for conception can be sought after 6 months of trying pregnancy. In over half the cases, infertility is usually with the male partner which is characterised by a low sperm count. Infertility causes social anxiety as well as relationship problems among couples and can severely affect the self-esteem of the person.
Male infertility tends to have certain tell tale signs some cases or no apparent reasons in other cases. In some cases, male infertility occurs due to underlying medical conditions like genetic problems, widened veins around the testicle or hormonal imbalances and some of the symptoms could be like:
- Recurrent problems during sexual intercourse due to severe pain in the testicular zone.
- You might lose your ability to smell due multiple instances of infections of the respiratory system.
- There might be a reduction in the body hair.
- Abnormal sperm count.
- Lack of sexual desire
Some of the common causes of male infertility could be:
- past injury or surgery of the testicles.
- erectile dysfunction.
- premature ejaculation.
- sexually transmitted infections.
- testicular deformation along with low sperm count.
- Blockage of the ejaculatory
In other cases, the reasons could be:
- old age
- mental anxiety
- excessive alcohol consumption
- diabetes or as a
- side effect of radiation therapy
- prescribed medications to treat other existing ailments within the body
Diagnosis and Treatment
The infertility of the male partner is usually diagnosed by your specialist by evaluating the medical condition and past histories of surgical procedures, sexual practices etc. Infertility can also be diagnosed by analysing the semen. The test for Semen Analysis should be done after 3 days of abstinence and the sample should be given in the lab.
The treatments for male infertility are varied and depend on the severity and the exact cause of the condition. Male infertility can be treated by hormonal replacement therapies and procedures, counselling or medication (for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation) and procedures to retrieve sperm which is then used for artificial insemination. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!