Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Nagpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Simantini SatheYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 22 years old. i am trying to conceive from last 7 months. What should I do to conceive easily?
Can a single sex can lead to pregnancy? And suppose if the sperm is not ejaculated inside vagina will the girl get pregnant?
My girlfrd is pregnant, she has eaten abortion pills, after eat abortion kit, periods were coming in very very small amount, we are afraid about, if periods came in very small amount, is it inside her tummy or is it normal thing? And give me our best advice.
My boyfriend bit my nipples and pulled it. This was my first experience. Now my nipples are paining too much. What should I do.
I can't sleep properly from last 3 days. I feel weakness in my head and body. I am just restless. I am 5th month pregnant.
I am 24 years old (height-5.7" & weight-63kg), married 8 months back, my periods are not regular, always 10-20 days late now & before marriage. And once 2 months delay after using one tablet for period postpone. Recently I consulted one of the doctor, she told I have PCOD problem. And she advised tablets for 1 month and said it will be cured, but still I am facing same issue. Now I am looking for pregnancy, please advise me to overcome the problem and to get pregnant at the earliest.
Sir, I have problem about my temperature of my body. I not getting too. Much salt but in afternoon my nose and hands become too red hot. please tell me why its happening with. I also do some asan in morning.
Iodine deficiency is a very common problem worldwide and is a major cause of thyroid disorders. The entire mechanism of how deficiency of iodine causes hypothyroidism is a complex explanation. So we will stick to layman terms and keep it simple. Deficiency of iodine causes a range of diseases which, altogether are termed as iodine deficiency diseases. When an individual does not receive enough iodine, the thyroid gland increases in size because the thyroid is unable to make enough hormones that are necessary for the body. This causes the development of a condition called goitre. Iodine deficiency in pregnant and lactating women is a serious concern because it is the most popular cause of preventable mental retardation.
There can be situations where a person might not be getting adequate iodine, but may not show any symptoms of iodine deficiency. The easiest way to know if a person has iodine deficiency is to get a urine test done or a blood test done to check the level of iodine in the body. Thyroid is a very important gland and is responsible for the following:
- Controlling the metabolic rate
- Boosting synthesis of proteins
- Regulating blood flow and heart rate
- Promoting brain development and linear growth in children
- Helping in normal reproductive functioning in adults
Here are the most common signs that can tell you that your thyroid is not functioning properly due to deficiency of iodine.
- You feel lethargic and tired most of the times and suffer from weakness constantly (due to reduced metabolic rates).
- You may start feeling cold, even when it is visibly warm for the others around you.
- You may have difficulty in concentrating and might have a poor memory (due to slowed down mental processes)
- You may experience unusual weight gain.
- You may become more prone to depressive periods.
- You may notice your skin becoming thick and puffy or your face becoming puffier than usual.
- You may suffer from hair loss.
- You may start having frequent problems of constipation.
- Your skin might feel really dry.
- You might feel your heart beating slower.
- Visible signs would include enlargement of the chin and neck area (caused due to enlargement of your thyroid gland).
With proper treatment and change in diet, iodine deficiency disorders can be prevented with ease. For a better diagnosis, you must consult an experienced medical practitioner and follow his suggestions for improving the iodine levels in your body.