Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Nagpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Simantini SatheYour feedback matters!
History and diversity of apples is not the only thing to celebrate. Apples also can be credited with delivering an amazing number of health benefits, such as:
1. Fighting bad breath. Apples contain pectin, which helps control food odors. Pectin also promotes saliva, which cleanses breath.
2. Preventing asthma attacks. Asthma sufferers often have low levels of antioxidants. Apples are high in vitamin C and flavonoids (beneficial, water-soluble plant pigments). Both are antioxidant. One study found that vitamin C supplements helped protect against exercise-induced asthma.
3. Reducing the risk of stroke. A study involving 9,208 men and women showed that those who ate the most apples over a 28-year period had the lowest risk for stroke. Researchers concluded that the results suggest the intake of apples is related to a decreased risk of thrombotic stroke.
4. Preventing constipation. Fresh apples are high in fiber, which adds bulk to the stool. Apples contain both soluble and insoluble fiber, or roughage.
5. Combating fatigue. The high vitamin C and antioxidant content in apples counter the free radicals leading to oxidative stress, which has been linked to fatigue.
6. Reducing the risk of diabetes. The phytonutrients (beneficial substances found in various plants) in apples help regulate blood sugar.These compounds help prevent spikes in blood sugar in a variety of ways: by inhibiting enzymes involved in the breakdown of carbohydrates into simple sugars; by stimulating pancreatic cells to produce insulin; by decreasing the absorption of sugars into the bloodstream.
Why is Gynaecologic Laparoscopy so Revolutionary?
Designed to enable a surgeon to look into a woman’s pelvic or abdominal area for diagnosis or treatment, gynaecologic laparoscopy is fast gaining popularity as a minimally invasive procedure for a host of female reproductive health problems. This surgery is also commonly known as keyhole surgery.
In recent times, this form of surgery has begun to replace the conventional open surgery, as the latter poses disadvantages like greater blood loss or infection.
Depending on the purpose of the surgery, Gynaecologic Laparoscopy involves the making of one or more very small incisions (about 5mm in length) in the area that must be treated. One of the incision(or cut)s is used by the surgeon to insert a laparoscope (a lighted telescope) into your abdomen for seeing the insides of your cavity. Many surgical procedures, which were performed by making large abdominal incisions, are now being done using laparoscopy.
What are problems this surgical procedure is beneficial for?
The various health problems that it can be used to diagnose, treat or both are:
- Endometriosis (a condition that is characterised by the growth of endometrial tissue outside the uterus)
- Ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy wherein the foetus develops in the fallopian tube instead of the womb)
- Sterilisation (blocking of your fallopian tubes through surgery to prevent future pregnancy)
- Ovarian cysts (fluid-filled sacs that develop on the surface or inside an ovary)
- Removal of womb, also known as hysterectomy
- Removal of ovaries
- Fibroids (non-cancerous growths within or on the surface of the uterus)
- Gynaecologic cancers such as ovarian cancer, uterine cancer and so on
- Pelvic pain
What are the benefits you can expect from gynaecologic laparoscopy as opposed to open surgery?
- It is no more required to make large abdominal cuts that are required in traditional surgery, thereby reducing your recovery time
- You suffer from less pain and scarring as the incisions made are much smaller
- A faster return to your normal routine, usually within a few weeks
- Serious complications arising from this form of surgery are very rare
I am 25 years old after my first cesserion delivery my weight gains very fast and now it is 74 kg. Can you suggest me and medicine for lossing weight very fast. Or can I take" pure cambogia ultra" with 60hca. Please suggest me what can I do?
Donor egg IVF is used by more than 70 percent of infertile women above 45 years to conceive. More than 8,000 babies are born in the US to women of all age groups by this method of Assistive Reproductive Technologies (ART). This kind of fertility treatment will become even more popular, in the days to come, because of advances in the egg-freezing technology.
What are donor eggs
Donor eggs are eggs given by a healthy, fertile woman to an infertile woman for in-vitro fertilisation or IVF.
How does the Donor Egg IVF program work?
Before you start this course of treatment, you must consult a doctor regarding its feasibility and effect on your health. Typically, the process has the following steps;
- After a donor has been identified, the infertile woman (referred to as ‘you’) and the donor are given medication so that the menstrual cycles of both are synchronised. You are also given medication so that your endometrium lining is ready for womb transfer.
- After their donation, the eggs are fertilised using the In Vitro Fertilization technique.
- Since the donor is under 35, not more than three embryos are transferred from her to your womb.
- Embryos are formed after fertilising donor egg with partner sperm.
In some cases, the embryos may be transferred after they have been fertilised. This line of treatment is undertaken to reduce the stress of this treatment on you.
In cases of men, the following procedures are followed;
- Unless the sperm belongs to another man, your partner will be required to give a sample of his sperm to check sperm quality.
- The partner must give another sample on the day the eggs are collected.
- In the next stage, the eggs and sperm are mixed together and in vitro fertilised.
Chances of success in Donor Egg IVF program
The chances of you conceiving through this program are 60-70%. This strike rate is significantly higher than a conventional IVF line of treatment.
How to start with Donor Egg IVF program?
- Finding an egg donor is not that difficult these days. You can find a donor through a fertility clinic, an egg bank, an egg donation agency, a family member or a close family friend. Donors coming from a frozen egg bank are usually screened for health and other reasons. Most donors are in the age group of 21-35 years.
- Make it legal i.e while getting donors is easy, the tricky part is to comply with the various legal issues. Consult your spouse, doctor and your attorney before taking this step.
- Get counselling i.e. you need expert counselling before you conceive because, let us face it, your baby is not your biological offspring. You and your spouse need to be adequately psychologically prepared for this important development in the family.
If you wish to discuss any other problem, Consult IVF Specialist
I had a baby by c-section delivery in may 2014, since then my periods has not returned.Is this due to breastfeeding? When can I expect it to be back?
1. It's high in magnesium levels help reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke. It also helps lower cholesterol levels
2. It is a great weight loss food. It is low in calorie but makes you feel full as it has high water content and fibre
3. Beta carotene and vitamin c also have anti inflammatory properties thereby naturally curing ailments like osteoarthritis asthma and rheumatoid arthritis
My wife is 40 she had UTERINE ARTERY EMBOLISATION last year but still she is suffering from pain during periods and had swelling in her right leg. I want to know what should i do to get her out of these problems ?
I am 36 female and have suffer from hormonal changes during menses and pre menses. Severe constipation and too much swell in anus area and also urine infection. Pls tell me what to do.
It's about my girlfriend. Her period time was on 18 this month but now it is 24. She thinks that she is getting pregnant. We didn't involve a proper sex, I mean we didn't intercourse our reproductive organs but we are thinking is what if somehow my sperm get into her bcoz I used my fingers. What should we do now? How to get a conclusion?
In today’s modern, fast paced society, it is easy for people to become stressed. In fact, one would almost think that being stressed is the “in” thing, and if you aren’t stressed it must mean there is something wrong with you! Realistically however, stress is not a good thing for our bodies in general, and has a very real impact on your fertility.
Can Stress Have an Effect on Your Fertility?
If your mind and body is under stress your body is signaled to release a hormone - Adrenalin. This is a stress relieving hormone and gives your body the rush to face the stress. This hormone inhibits the utilization of the hormone Progesterone, which is essential for fertility. Also during stress Prolactin, another hormone, is relapsed which also interferes with infertility. Hence to conceive its essential that your anxiety levels are under control.
How Stress Impacts Fertility?
Recent research tells us that stress boosts levels of stress hormones, such as adrenaline, catecholamines and cortisol, which can inhibit the release of the body’s main hormone, GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone), which is responsible for the release of sex hormones. Subsequently this may suppress ovulation in women, reduce sperm count in men and lower libido in both women and men.
Chronic Stress also decreases libido:
Chronic stress may cause lack of libido as well as a decrease in general fertility. This has become such a common issue that they have created a name for it Stress Induced Reproductive Dysfunction. These facts are very important to consider if you have been trying to conceive with no results. It also shows that stress relief should be a part of every couple's conception plan even if they are going through In-vitro fertilization (IVF).
Ways to reduce stress & improve fertility:
If you are having difficulty to conceive, it's imperative that you get fertility tests done and also evaluate your life. Look out for the stress points that may be hindering a relationship. Remember defeating the stress may be the solution to your worries.
- Reduce stress in your life: The issues in your life may be work or result related. You need to learn to balance your personal and professional life. The sooner you do it the better; after all you are preparing yourself to welcome a new born in your life.
- Change your reactions: Get a hang of the situation and react accordingly. Over reaction to a situation can harm your body and mind. Stop bothering so much about the future.
- Let few things be the way they are: Stop getting bothered about people. Remember by nature everything will fall in place. Let few things be the way they are.
- Make it your habit to reduce stress: Call it an obsession or a practice, train your mind to choose options where there is less stress.
- Sleep well: A good rest is essential for a healthy mind and body. Meditate, do yoga or seek counseling. Go for facials if it sooths you.
Please note that if your fertility reports are normal, then it's just a matter of time. Give you, your partner and your body time. There are certain medical complications or disorders that can also be responsible for infertility. Be calm and composed so that you are able to face the rough waters clearly with your partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I had sex before 2 weeks. And now my vaginal discharge is stopped. Is that means I am pregnant? Is that pregnancy symptom?
My period is missing about 2 month. But the report is negative. But my all sign & symptoms are like to be a pregnant type. My pressure is normal. & m a healthy lady. 22yrs old. Weight 81 kg. & I am 5'5" height. I have never miss period. Please give me some suggestion. Plz.
Achalasia is a very rare disease. Normally, your esophagus squeezes food down by making the muscular valve in between the stomach and esophagus relax. Achalasia occurs when this muscular valve is unable to relax and thus the esophagus is unable to squeeze the food down. The most common reason why this happens is because the nerves in your esophagus are damaged. The nerves most commonly get damaged because of abnormalities in the way your immune system responds. Till now, there is no cure to achalasia; however, surgery or minimally invasive therapy can make the symptoms of achalasia more manageable. Here are all the causes and symptoms of achalasia:
- Difficulty swallowing: The difficulty you face when swallowing food is the most common symptom of achalasia. Both liquid as well as solid food will be hard to swallow.
- Regurgitation: If the food is regurgitating in the night, then the lungs may have been inhaling some food. This is very serious and you should see the doctor immediately if this occurs.
- Chest pain: You may suddenly experience chest pain from a completely unknown cause.
- Weight loss: You may also suffer from sudden weight loss if you have achalasia. This is due to the reduced amount of food you will be consuming.
- Heartburn: Heartburn is when you have a very intense burning pain in your chest just behind your breastbone which is most commonly caused by regurgitation in your esophagus.
The exact cause of achalasia is not yet known. However, there are some theories on what causes achalasia. Here they are.
- Genes: The most common cause of achalasia is genes.
- Autoimmune disease: An autoimmune disease is when your immune system attacks your body's own cells. Achalasia is a type of autoimmune disease.
- Infection: There have also been a lot of claims that infections are the cause of achalasia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
Unlike the rest of our body, our teeth do not have the power to heal themselves. This is because cells that are responsible for the healing process are not present in large numbers in the teeth.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!