Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Nagpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sharad Ranade
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sharad RanadeYour feedback matters!
I have red eyes and not sleeping well in night and also many thought in my mind please solve problem.
I am 42 years old male. I have allergic problem of irritating eyes and running nose during change of season. I used montek LC. But after some days the problem arises. What to do.
A person is said to have great vision more in the metaphorical way than in the literal sense. However, having both is just so important, especially as the ability to see reduces as a person gets older. Old age comes with its own set of problems, and vision loss is one of them. If kept in check from an early age, however, vision loss can be deferred indefinitely.
While a person's eyesight is likely to deteriorate over the course of his life, there is a lot which can be done in an effort to make sure that this is not the case. To start with, it makes good sense to be regular with eye check-ups. After a person attains the age of sixty, he or she should have a doctor take a look at his or her eyes on a yearly basis. There is no point trying to conserve eye sight if a person is too late in taking corrective action. By paying a visit to the ophthalmologist, a person will get to know the exact problem that he is suffering from.
- A good diet which is rich in the nutrients which improve a person's eye sight does go a very long way in the long run. A person should make sure that is diverse enough to take care of the needs of a person and should include grapefruit, strawberries as well as berries and nuts.
- One of the main things which can be done in order to preserve the health of a person's eyes until he or she reaches an advanced age is to stop smoking in all forms. As a matter of fact, tobacco leads to cyanide entering the blood stream and this does a lot of damage to the eyes. In fact, quite a few irreversible conditions of the eye are caused due to this.
- Exercise is said to be good for a person at any age for a variety of reasons and it is really good for even the eyes, though the link may not be immediately so clear. It reduces the risk of age related degeneration by up to 70 per cent!
- What is really interesting about a person's eyes is that they can be signs of trouble in other parts of the body. For example, if a person has blurry vision, they should get checked for diabetes. Also, eyes which do not produce enough natural lubrication can show a risk of rheumatoid arthritis and perhaps even thyroid disease.
All in all, a person's eyesight is so crucial to his or her overall health and wellbeing. We have only one pair of eyes, so we might as well take care of them!
If you suffer from vision loss and have to wear spectacles in order to see clearly you may be considering lasik surgery. Lasik surgery can be used to treat near sightedness, far sightedness and astigmatism. It involves reshaping the cornea with the help of a laser beam. This is an outpatient procedure where you can get back to work in a day or two.
To be able to undergo a lasik surgery, you must be:
1. Aged 18 or more
2. Suffer from nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism
3. Lead an active lifestyle
4. Be in general good health
5. Have strong tear production
6. Have thick corneas
Before the surgery begins, numbing eye drops are applied to prevent any discomfort during the procedure. The surgery itself involves the creation of a thin flap in the cornea. This is the folded back to reveal the corneal tissue below. If you suffer from nearsightedness, an excimer laser is used to flatten the cornea while if you suffer from nearsightedness, it creates a steeper cornea. In cases of astigmatism, the cornea is smoothened into a normal shape. Once this has been done, the flap is laid back in place and the cornea is allowed to heal naturally. An uncomplicated lasik surgery for one eye usually takes less than five minutes. You may feel some pressure on your eyes and hear a steady clicking sound while the laser is in use.
You may feel temporary burning or itching immediately after the procedure. Do not in any condition rub your eyes to relieve this sensation. Also, do not attempt to drive and have somebody else drive you home. The blurred vision and haziness will clear by the next morning. You may also experience heightened sensitivity to light and may see halos around lights. The whites of your eyes may also look bloodshot for a few days. In most cases, vision improves immediately but in a few rare cases, it could take several weeks or longer.
Though you can return to work the next day, it is a good idea to take a few days off. Also refrain from strenuous activities of any sort for a week after the surgery. Take the medication prescribed by the doctor regularly and do not change the eye drops without consulting him first. Avoid using makeup or cream around the eye for up to two weeks after the surgery to minimize the risk of infection. You should also avoid using swimming pools or hot tubs for 1-2 months after the surgery. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!