Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Nagpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shamik P. Mokadam
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Shamik P. MokadamYour feedback matters!
I work for software company and sit minimum 8 hours in front of computer. Now I am feeling weakness in my eyes. What should I take in food for strong eye sight.
Symptoms like pain, watering, itching, sticky discharge, then only it can be treated. Till then put genteel eye drop 3 times a day and optic eye drop 2 times a day for a week.
How many it takes to cure bacterial conjunctivitis .already 6 days crossed and I also consult a doctor at first day .i take 5 days of medicine but it didn't cure till now.
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
I am a 30 years old Business consultant. My nature of work is mostly in front laptop for the day. Due to this sometimes my eyes gets red and I feel very mild irritation in my eyes. No complication though in my eyes. Is there any generic eye drop which I can use for my eyes? Please help me.
My left eye vision is 0.25 and right eye vision is -1.00. I want to known that I wear glasses permanently? Is this would be fine. Because I don't want to wear glasses permanently. What can I do for this please suggest me?
I am having pain in my eyes for past 3 days . Whenever I watch TV or computer for more than one hour. So do I need to go for an eye check up.
When ever I sit for long time and getup, I feel like im falling down ,i mean I can not see a thing ,my eye go blur and my body parts become paralyzed for a few seconds. Then I feel like normal again. Y is that happening to me. Can anyone help me.
Hello Sir My self Praveen I have hill pain some time again it Will go why it is tell me And One more my eyes or burning morning time please Tell any solution Tell me sir please.
Doc. I got viral conjunctivitis on both of my eyes. I got cleared one month back. After that I started to see lot of floaters on my eyes and my vision also became poor. I visited the opt. And they told me I got corneal scarring. My doc. Prescribed me lotepred 0.5 ml, which I have used nearly for a month. Now my vision has improved, doc. Examined and told me that the corneal scar has cleared but still I see mild floaters and specks on day light. I am not do diabetic and my BP is normal. After conjunctivitis only I am seeing this. What could be the reason doc? Pls help me out. Thanks.
An eye allergy or allergic conjunctivitis is a condition that strikes when certain substances irritate the eyes, which can cause a reaction. This reaction has varied symptoms starting from inflammation to watering and even redness and an itching sensation.
So how can you tell if you have an eye allergy? This article will tell you all you need to know!
- Causes: To begin with, this is an immune response that happens when the eye comes in contact with substances like dirt, grime, pollutants, pollen, nettle, pet hair, smoke, mold and more, which may cause irritation. These are typically known as allergens. The immune system takes these allergens to be invaders and begins attacking the same by releasing chemicals that cause these allergic reactions. Also, an eye allergy may be a symptom or outcome of other conditions like asthma, hay fever, or even eczema.
- Symptoms: The eye usually bears a pink or red appearance when the patient is suffering from an eye allergy. Also, watery eyes are a common sight during this condition while scaling around the eyes may also take place. Further, itching and burning sensation may be felt by the patient and swelling or puffiness can be seen. The symptoms may afflict one or both eyes. The patient may also have a runny nose or stuffy nose as well as nasal congestion.
- Difference between Eye Allergy and Pink Eye: Conjunctivitis or pink eye is usually caused due to bacteria or a virus that spreads infection in the eye. But eye allergy is caused due to a response of the immune system that leads to an allergic reaction. While the pink eye may be a contagious condition, an eye allergy is not.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of an eye allergy will be done with the help of various tests conducted by an ophthalmologist. The skin prick test will help in introducing allergens to find out if the spot gets raised or suffers from inflammation. Also, the doctor will check for other ailments like asthma and eczema.
- Treatment: There are varied methods of treating this condition. To begin with, the doctor may prescribe medication like decongestants and antihistamines as well as steroids for more severe and persistent cases. Also, injections may be prescribed in order to do away with the allergic reaction and eye drops containing olopatadine hydrochloride may also be used.
- Home Remedies: Staying away from allergens and using a warm and clean washcloth over the eyes, for a few minutes every day, may help in relieving the painful symptoms of the condition.
Do not forget to consult your doctor before you try any natural or home based remedies.
My son is 21 years old. He works as a bar steward for a reputed hotel in Goa. He spends late nights texting his friends on whatsapp. Of late he developed an internal swelling above his eyes just below the eyebrows on the right corner of his right eye. Now the same swelling has developed on the left eye around the same place. Please advice.
I have watering from eyes from 1 week not associated with redness pain. I am a myopic with number -3.
Hello ,I have eye sight from my childhood for right eye (7.0), &left eye (6.5). So I want to take lasik operation so I am asking about this treatment. thanking you.
There are many common measures people take to improve their eyesight or to improve their vision, including wearing glasses, lenses, and many more. Here are some effective exercises, which can prove to be highly beneficial to improve your eye health:
This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds and then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
3. Focus switching
This particular eye exercise is probably the most useful one to improve eye health. In this eye exercise, you have to hold something at a reading distance and cover the other eye. You then have to find something that is at least twenty feet away and trace its shape with one eye closed. With one eye closed, trace more shapes, which are twenty feet away.
This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to distress the eyes.
5. Deep blinking
This is also an incredibly useful exercise for distance vision. What you have to do is to place some large letters are at a fair distance and then sit on a chair. You have to then close your eyes and tighten all your muscles for 5 seconds. After 5 seconds are over, you have to open your eyes and then you have to see the letters for a second or two. The more number of times you do this, the more clearly you will be able to see the letters after reopening your eyes.
However, these eye exercises are not universally accepted by all doctors.
Hello Dr. I am 25years old male. My height 170cm, weight 75kgs. I am suffering from eyes power for rear distance. My left eye is (-1.5) and right eye is (-2), so please suggest me without spectacle. Any medicine that work for getting back normal eyesight.
I don't know my problem exactly, but sometimes my eyes can't bear sunlight (feeling like I need to close eyes), I feel tired, feeling sleepy, lack of concentration, forgetting things, feeling like head is revolving Is it the problem related to eye or mind What could be the problem for me, pls suggest Thanks.
Here are causes, effects and treatments of glaucoma
Hello I am Dr S Bharti founder and chairman of Bharti Eye hospital. Today I will be taking about Glaucoma quick is the second most common cause of blinding in elderly. Glaucoma is a complex of pressure and optic nerve damage related to each other and sometimes the pressure is higher than normal while sometimes it is normal. In either case optic nerve is unable to sustain the pressure and this condition is called Glaucoma. Most of the damage caused is irreversible and that is why regular eye checkups are important after the age of 40.
Glaucoma could be hereditary, diabetes is another common cause of it. That is why we suggest that people having other 2 situations should get very regular eye checkups.Glaucoma is a treatable disease and can be treated with eye drops. Surgery is required in extreme cases. The treatment available today is very successful and in most cases we are able to maintain a high quality of vision.
My suggestion is anybody who has a possibility of developing Glaucoma should go for regular eye checkups.Thank you. You can get in touch with me at Lybrate.