Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Nagpur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Seema Chalkhore
Weight Loss Treatment
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Treatment of Diet
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Seema ChalkhoreYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
. she is very courteous and behaves very aptly with patients. I read about the Seema Chalkhore on one of the social media platform. the overall atmosphere in the Seema Diabetes Education Center is very soothing. Even though my problem was very big, the entire experience of undergoing caring for children treatment was very relaxing. the Seema Diabetes Education Center is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital. the best thing about Seema Chalkhore is that she prescribes limited no. of medicines.
My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. The Seema Diabetes Education Center is designed in such a manner that all requirements of patients are taken care of. Never once that I felt that she is getting impatient, rathershe has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. Seema Chalkhore has so much knowledge . she did my diet therapy
I was having this weight loss issue, but the symptoms were not very visible. No matter how critical be the situation, she is always very calm. Hygiene is very important, and I must Seema Center was extremely clean. Thanks to her I am totally satisfied with the results. In the very first sitting, Seema Chalkhore clearly told us the problem and the what the treatment procedure will be in future. She did my weight loss treatment.
Many people gave very positive feedback for Dr Seema . I am so thankful that she has given me the lose weight treatment and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. she with great ease handled my case. The overall atmosphere in the Seema Diabetes Center is very soothing. My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now.
She is so nice that they even at odd hours one can call her in case of emergency. Seema Chalkhore has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference. The interior of the Seema Diabetes Education Center was no nicely done, it was so clean. I had lost hope, but the gain weight treatment given by Seema Chalkhore has helped me regain my confidence
I was suffering from obesity due to which I was quite worried. I consulted Dr Seema. she is one of the best Dietician in city. Thanks to her I am totally satisfied with the results of my slimming treatment. Many people gave very positive feedback for her.I also had a great experience with her and the overall treatment she provided, benefitted me to great extent.
Dt.Seema Chalkhore is really like god send person. Seema Chalkhore has in depth knowledge and ensures that she explains the problem in detail. The problem was severe and unmanageable, as I was having issues of weight loss, but She was able to handle it. The staff was very attentive to my needs.
I was n search of an experienced dietician as I was suffering from body weakness. I was not able to concentrate on my day to day work. One of my neighbour referred Dr Seema, she is a well known dietician in our city. I thank her for providing me the best suitable treatment for staying healthy.
She is very knowledgeable .
Shrikant Prabhakar Talatule
One of the healthiest grains on earth; oats are gluten-free and an excellent source of minerals, fibers, vitamins and antioxidants. They are incredibly nutritious and one of the most preferred breakfast options. Owing to its healthy, super filling and nutritious properties, oats are on the top of any healthy diet chart.
Apart from being one of the best sources of soluble fibers, oats are also known to help in lowering cholesterol levels, reducing glucose absorption, relieving constipation, and decreasing the risk of childhood asthma. Read on to know about the benefits of eating oats for breakfast in detail:
A nutritious and balanced breakfast option – Oats have well-balanced nutrients composition. They are an excellent source of proteins and contain very little fat as compared to other grains. They provide all the necessary nutrients, without added calories, to keep you going throughout the day.
Contain soluble and insoluble fibers – Oats are packed with a large quantity of soluble fiber called beta-glucan, which helps control cholesterol levels and stabilizes glucose levels in the blood. Fibers also give you a feeling of fullness and increase the growth of good bacteria in the gut. Oats also contain insoluble fiber that improves the intestinal health and fights constipation.
Contain vitamins and minerals – Oats are also loaded with manganese, copper, iron, folate, vitamin B1 and B5, making an ideal option to start your day with. Eating 1 cup of oatmeal provides ample amount of vitamin B complex to help your body convert food into energy. Iron content in the same serving helps meet 25 percent of a man’s and 11 percent of a woman’s daily requirement.
Help lower cholesterol – One of the leading causes of death globally is heart disease for which the major risk factor is high cholesterol. Oats contain a beta-glucan fiber that is known to effectively reduces LDL cholesterol levels as well as total cholesterol levels. The antioxidants in oats also help in preventing LDL oxidation in the blood.
Help in relieving constipation – With changes in eating habits, constipation has become very common in people of all age groups. As per studies, consuming oat bran daily can significantly improve the gut health and relieve constipation. Especially for elderly patients, oat bran can be a nice alternative to laxatives (due to its side-effects).
Help in managing weight – We all know that eating a filling breakfast in the morning can reduce the urge to eat throughout the day, hence, help in weight loss. This makes oatmeal an excellent breakfast option as it is not only delicious but also keeps you full for longer. Beta-glucan in oats increases the production of a satiety hormone called peptide YY (PPY), which leads to reduced calorie intake, thus helping in managing weight and reducing the risk of obesity.
Reduce the risk of childhood asthma – Asthma is an inflammatory disorder of the airways. Symptoms may differ in every child; some may experience shortness of breath or wheezing, while other children may have a recurrent cough. According to various studies, introducing your child to solid food at an early age can increase the risk of developing asthma. Well, this does not apply to all foods, as introducing oats to an infant can actually lower the risk of developing childhood asthma.
Although oats don't contain gluten, in rare cases, they are grown in the same grounds as wheat or barley, and these crops can sometimes contaminate oats with gluten. Therefore, it is advised to pick oats that are certified as gluten-free.
Having gone through all the health benefits of oats, it is proved that oats not only make a nutritious meal for you but your child as well. Go ahead, shake hands with oats and make them your perfect breakfast friend!
I am 37 years old and 11 years ago my uterus was removed. And now my weight is 85 kg. And I wanna lose my weight. So please guide me to lose my weight.
My weight is high 84 kg height 168 I am doing job supervisor at NTPC shift duty, any plan to loss my weight.
Hello sir my height is 174 but my weight is 84 but when I try to loose my weight I feel weakness so please suggest me and tell me the better way to loose weight.
My age 29 years and my weight is 52 kg. I am married also. Why my weight is not grow up like my age. I want to grow my weight.
Vitamin A is essential for various body functions, the most important are vision, immunity, skin and hair health and correct genetic transcription. Signs of vitamin A toxicity include bone pain, brittle nails, hair loss, fatigue, dry and fissured skin and abnormal liver function. Deficiency of Vitamin A leads to night blindness.
Some interesting fatcs about vitamin A:
- Vitamin A is a fat soluble vitamin, thus requires fat for effective absorption.
- Normal level of vitamin A required for proper body functioning is about 3000 mg per day. A person could also end up eating more of Vitamin A on a regular basis, which could lead to vitamin A toxicity. If it is consumed from natural sources, it is not harmful; however, if synthetic vitamin A is consumed, it may end up as a toxin in the body.
- Every 100 g of sweet potato contains about 19200 IU of vitamin A. Sweet potato can be consumed in cooked, baked, cubed, raw or frozen form. It can be used in multiple ways and is one of the most vitamin A rich foods.
- Carrots is the most popular rich source of vitamin A. Every child knows that carrots are good for vision and eye health. Carrots can also be consumed in baked, cooked, raw or frozen form. Every 100 g of carrot contains about 17000 IU of carrot, which more than takes care of daily requirements.
- Green leafy vegetables are another rich source of vitamin A. This could be spinach, lettuce, beet greens, turnip greens, collards, kale, or other greens. Each of them contains sufficient amounts of vitamin A, and including about 100 g provides about 14000 IU of vitamin A. These can be used as salad dressings or cooked with lentils to make variety of dishes.
- The liver from any animal is the most effective nonvegetarian source of vitamin A. Consuming liver 2 to 3 times per day gives sufficient amounts vitamin A for men, women and children. Cod liver oil, which are available widely in the market are also a good source, if meat is not available.
- Dry fruits, such as apricots, which are sundried and used when there is no season for apricots, are another rich source of vitamin A. Dried peaches and prunes are also good sources for this vitamin.
- Consuming about 2 egg yolks per day provides all the required vitamin A for your body. It does contain cholesterol, but the body does need small amount of cholesterol too for various functions.
- Dairy products, such butter and cream from cow's milk which are especially fed on grass are again great sources of vitamin A.
- Small amounts of vitamin A are also present in cantaloupe melons, pumpkins, squash fruits, beetroot, bell peppers and most importantly in seasonal fruits.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
It is common knowledge that fruits as well as vegetables provide you with a natural combination of large number of nutrients, which help in the overall nourishment of your body. However, there are differences that are quite noticeable. Both the categories can be further divided into subcategories:
- Fruits consist of
- Vegetables consist of
Even though fruits as well as vegetables contain some similar nutrients, the number of micronutrients (chemical substances which are needed for the overall development and growth of the body) are generally higher in vegetables than fruits. On the other hand, fruits tend to have more macronutrients (types of foods required ion adequate amounts in one’s diet) as compared to vegetables.
Micronutrients are a class of nutrients that include vitamins, minerals and some phytonutrients that are mandatory for proper health. The right concentration of micronutrients plays a major role in supporting the healthy functioning of the organs. Leafy vegetables have an abundance of micronutrients such as the various vitamins as well as iron, calcium and magnesium; they play a major role in the proper functioning of the nervous system, bones, eyes, teeth, skin, muscles, blood cells, nails as well as the immune system. Root vegetables, along with being powerhouses of minerals and vitamins like the leafy vegetables, also additionally supply carbohydrates, especially complex-carbohydrates (carbohydrates which gradually supply constant energy to the body).
The main difference between vegetable and fruits is that fruits contain substantially higher amounts of macronutrients than vegetables. These are the energy giving and caloric components of foods. These include proteins, carbohydrates and fats. Apples, bananas, oranges and other common fruits have higher concentrations of simple carbohydrates or sugars, like fructose. Vegetables tend to have lesser levels of fructose.
Fruits vs. Vegetables
Giving preference to vegetables over other foods would help in increasing the intake of nutrients that aid good health. At the same time, it helps in reducing intake of foods with high calories. On the other hand, fruits have low levels of fat and high level of fiber and water. This is required by the body for maintaining its digestive health. Fruits also have low sodium-content and high levels of natural sugars. This makes them an adequate substitute for processed foods that contain empty calories. Fruits contain calories that are densely packed with nutrients that supply vitamins and minerals along with energy.
All in all a balanced mix of both of them is highly recommended as one cannot substitute the requirement another fulfills. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Mango is one of the most loved fruits and is known as the king of all fruits. This fruit has different flavors along with fragrance and qualities that will prove best for the body in many areas. It is the seasonal fruit which is mostly found in tropics. It is the tress which is cultivated in different regions in India. It is the juicy fruit which has a unique taste that makes it different from other fruits.
Health benefits of Mango
- It has antioxidant compounds and is rich in fibre, minerals and vitamins.
- It is rich in potassium, which is best for the body and helps in the composition of cells along with body fluids that will help in controlling blood pressure and heart rate.
- It is rich in vitamin B6 along with vitamin E and C. Vitamin C will help in developing immunity, which helps the body in fighting many diseases.
- It contains some amount of copper that will help the body in producing red blood cells.
- It is also rich in Vitamin A which is important for the skin and keeps the person’s skin free from allergies or wrinkles.
- Consumption of mango will help you to protect from lung and oral cancer.
- It protects the women from breast cancer. Not only women, it protects men from colon and prostate cancer with the help of polyphenolic compound.
- It helps the body in losing weight as it contains nutrients and vitamins which are best for the body. It also contains fibre which helps in the digestion process by burning many calories.
- It is good for eyes; regular consumption will lead to good eyesight. It also prevents night blindness.
- Mango is also used as a body scrub by mixing it with honey and milk. The application of this mix gives smoother and softer skin.
- It helps in the reduction of kidney stones.
- It is rich in iron, which is best for pregnant women as it increases the level of iron in the body which makes blood healthy.
- It helps in controlling the cholesterol levels in the body.
The above-mentioned points are just some of the benefits a mango offers as fruit; there are many more. But before you consume this fruit, consult a doctor as they can guide you better because people with diabetes may have to restrict its consumption.