Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Nagpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay AdgaonkarYour feedback matters!
I am losing my hair very quickly. I have tried all shampoos but no effect and many other methods to reduce the problem of ma hair fall so please give some suggestions.
Hi i am 26 years old Weight is 65 I dont have any health problems. But I got hair fall since many years. I need home remedy please tell.
How to get rid of dark circles and which is the best under eye cream. And how to get even skin tone?
I am having anxiety problem from past few months. Whenever unfavorable situation comes I feel uncomfortable, having some pain in chest area, have uneasy breathing, & feel GHABRAHAT. Most of the time I feel nervous, tired and not willing to work on anything. I tried but not able to perform meditation, exercise. Please suggest some medicine which improves this situation and give me confidence to work in all odd situation.
I am having hair loss problem from so many days I have consult the hair expect but not control so please suggest the complete solution.
I have dandruff in my hair and m loosing my hairs because of hairfall. I daily wear helmet. Please help me in this.
I am 20 years old My periods are not regular Is it safe to have sex by calculating safe days (infertile days)?
I am 25 years old. I just want to tell you that I am suffering from the smell problem, smell in armpits. This problem is from 3 years. After sometime from bath smell starts coming from my armpits. I am really irritated by this smell. Sometime I feel embarrass in front of others due to this smell from my underarms. Please suggest me something so that I can get rid of this smell problem.
Hello Doctor, I am 23 years Old and I am a ca final student not able to give my exams due to this mental illness From past 16 months I am suffering from bad anxiety and depression but from past week my thoughts getting changed everyday earlier I was getting that everyone is talking about me or wants to kill me now I am getting that I want to kill others or I want to do some violative act or want to kill or hurt myself. Well yesterday I went to the psychiatrist and he has diagnosed me with OCD and prescribed me Paxidep CR 12.5 once in a day, Clonazepam 0.50 Mg 1 and half tablet a day and risperidone 2 mg Half medicine in the night I have start taking other medicines except risperidone as it is a anti psychotic Now please can you tell me what symptoms I am going through and should I take risperidone.
Sir I am 49 years old male having lot of extra fats like knots on skin, they are not paining ,my doctor told me to ignore, now it is on stomach front and sides, on hands pl suggest some treatment. Blood pressure, sugar,puls normal, abdomen diagnosed fatty lever in sonography. Height 178 cm and weight 84 kg.Please tell sir .
My mother suffering from diabetic and kidney problems at last 1 year doctors advise foe deyalice but we can't do that her creatinine level 9.0 pls help me what we do.
I am 64 years old, a diabetic patient, on Medicines. My weight is 86 KGS. Wants to control my sugar level and also reduce weight. Please suggest suitable diet plan.
Flax seeds are one of the world’s oldest super foods. They can improve your skin and hair health, keep your heart healthy, fight cancer, lower cholesterol and help you lose weight. Yet, they hardly look impressive. Small and brown with no smell, nobody can guess that they are such reservoirs of nutrients invaluable for our health and well-being.
- Flax seeds are the richest sources of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids in the world!
- They are the number one source of lignans in our diets.
- They are also storehouses of minerals like manganese, magnesium as well as fibre, protein and vitamin B1.
Health benefits of flax seeds
- Heart healthy: Omega-3 essential fatty acids are known as 'good' fats that have been shown to have a number of heart healthy effects. Flax seeds can naturally reduce cholesterol levels. This happens because the high fibre content in flax traps cholesterol in the digestive tract so it doesn’t get absorbed. They also prevent hardening of arteries due to deposition of plaque and treat heart arrhythmias.
- Super digestive aids: Fibre in flax seeds helps delay the passage of food through the GI tract. This increases nutrient absorption in the small intestine. Fibre also supports colon detoxification, fat loss and reduces sugar cravings.
- Natural hormones: Lignans are very important plant hormones as well as antioxidants. The lignans in flax have estrogenic properties. After menopause, estrogen levels in women drop to abysmal levels. Use of flax seeds can shore–up estrogen levels and provide protection for bones, heart and other organs. These provide benefits like anti-ageing, hormone balancing and health of body cells. Studies also show that flax can reduce hot flashes experienced during menopause by half. Lignans are also known for their anti-viral and antibacterial properties,
- Flaxseeds are Gluten-free: Most grains we consume are gluten rich like wheat. Flax, on the other hand, is low in gluten. This means that flax is anti- inflammatory and reduces inflammation in any part of our bodies. People suffering from celiac disease and auto-immune diseases can thus include flax in their diet without a problem.
- Most Magnesium-rich food in the world: Magnesium helps in keeping our muscles healthy and its deficiency is the biggest reason for sore muscles, fatigue and cramps.
- Cancer fighter extraordinaire: In animal studies, the plant Omega-3 fatty acid found in flaxseed, called ALA, has been shown to inhibit tumour incidence and growth. Flax seeds is also very effective against breast cancer.
Flaxseed is by no means a magic bullet against every disease known to man, but it comes close to being one. If you are thinking of reaping its benefits, use flax seeds as much possible and add them in your curries, soups, smoothies or just roast and eat to experience the flax miracle.