Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Nagpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PrafullYour feedback matters!
Hiii. I have a skin problem. I have scars in my face and I have got uneven skin tone. Please recommend the solutions.
I am not doing brushing of my teeth from last year because I get vomits while doing it. Please help me out to start again brushing.
I am 25 year old. I am surfing from pimple, acne, mark's and blemishes on my face I have fair and sensitive skin, I used many products and medicines, it's relief a little bit but after few time the problem start again. Please advice me what I did?
I have early simtums of depression. I feel insecurity and every time ready to weep almost. Any little emotional scene or even song, it's hard to stop my tears. I think this is happening for over a year to me. I am a self employed OK business man/bread earner. Is there anyone who can guide me to fight this. My Life is at stake and fell helpless
I am loosing hair quickly and I am tried all method like shampoo so please tell me what can I do for this.
I .Meal Planning
- Eat smaller , more frequent meals
- Control carbs
- Ensure variety in diet - whole grain foods, fruits and vegetables daily
- Limit fats - 3-4 tsp/day
- Seasoning tips - use salt sparingly, avoid adding sugars.
II.Practical tips to make you meals healthier
Eat lots of fruits and vegetables- Except for few fruits like banana, mango, chickoo, jackfruit and grapes, and vegetables like potatoes,sweet potatoes , yam . ,both fruits and veggies are cornerstone of diabetes,- gives you vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Eat more whole grains- brown rice, ragi, bajra , jowar,wheat
Use healthy fats and oils- Choose- MUFA's - olive oil, canola oil , less often use PUFA- corn , sesame and safflower oil. Minimise SFA- high fat meat , dairy, coconut,
Choose heart healthy proteins- beans, peas and dals (good source of protein and fibre), Eat fish and shell fish 2-3times/weel, choose skinless, white chicken, nuts in moderation ( almonds , walnuts)
Select low fat dairy products- skim milk and its products like curd, paneer and low fat cheese
III.Healthy breakfast choices
- An egg white omelette with a bran paratha and fruit wedges
- Oats with low fat milk and spirinkling nuts and fruits
- Dalia and veggies upma with a bowl of fresh fruits
- Oats dosa with mint chutney and orange segments
- Ragi porridge with milk/buttermilk and a whole fresh fruits.
IV.Healthy lunch box ideas
- Healthysandwhich - brown bread with veggies no potato, low fat butter and cheese
- Salad warps- mix veg salads in a wheat chapatti
- Spinach and oats paratha,brown rice veggie pulao.
V.Snacking ideas to keep blood glucose in check
- Handful of nuts - 7-8 almonds and walnuts
- Raw veggies
- Vegetable soups
- Fruit bowl
- Cereal chivdabhel
- Wrap- salads,/ rajma with salsa sauce
VI.Choos.e your bevarages wisely
Stay away from, sugary drink, carbonated beverages, tea and coffee with sugar, syrup based drinks.
Choose from - plain water, unsweetened tea and coffee, low fat milk drink, green tea.
Why is Exercise imp-
- Improves blood glucose control
- Improves energy levels.
- Helps to lose weight and maintain body weight
- Helps in preventing Diabetes complication.
- Improves mental health by reducing stress,
- Strengthens bone and muscles
- You can do flexibility exercise like stretching, yoga, Aerobic exercise(brisk walk, dance, swimming, cycling etc), Strength training,.
Exercise should be performed 1-3hrs post meals, avoid workout at bed time to avoid hypoglycemia. (Do remember to hydrate yourself throughout workout)
Before exercise - make sure your sugar levels are normal - between 150mg/dl- 250mg/dl.