Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Nagpur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna ParateyYour feedback matters!
A month back I gave blood donated and next day while sleeping folding my hand with head from morning I have nerve pain from thumb finger to L bow. Can you please guide on this pain.
Is little bit back pain is normal in early pregnency. Mujhe davai khane ke 10 min bd aksar vomate ho jati h so me jana chati thi kya 10 min enough hote h davai ko dissolve hne me.
After my 1st delivery there is pain in my back bone or hip bone and even I am losing lot of hairs and also my hairs are becoming white help me to get rid of this.Please tell.
I am 50 and I am having a slip disc in my lower spinal cord due to which I feel pain in my right leg specially in the thigh region. Is there any official medically approved treatment to this, if yes what treatment is it?
I am having problems in my legs. When I sleep then I stand then I get pain in my legs. What I do? And also I want to know how I increase my height?
Hello sir, I think I have less calcium or vitamin d in my body so I'm feeling joint pain and suffering in cavities. So I think I should take calcium or vitamin d medicine. So please suggest me for that.
So the problem started in November last year, I had fever, viral infection but I was a smoker so even in viral infection, I didn't stop smoking but after that viral infection, whenever I smoke I felt something awkward like numbness. This awkwardness went down after some time but then again after smoking it start again. In last 6 days I only smoked 2 cigarettes but still it feels but compare to previous days when I smoked a lot (around 10 cigarettes) less numbness. I started smoking in April 2015. Kindly suggest me what it is, I want to get rid of this feeling.
I have suffered from facial paralysis caused by head injury 2 year ago. After Physiotherapy treatment for 1 month, I have improvement but still not in normal condition. What should I do?
My foot problem very high pain at the time of walking I have many medicine but problem not solved yet. Please advice
I am feeling ache in my neck, it feel pain when I turn my neck, I applied pain reliever cream, but no satisfying solution. I think it is neck cramp. Kindly guide me.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a painful disorder of the hand caused by pressure on your median nerve as it runs through the carpal tunnel of the wrist. Symptoms include numbness, pins and needles, and pain (particularly at night). Anything that causes swelling inside the wrist can cause carpal tunnel syndrome, including repetitive hand movements, pregnancy and arthritis.
Cause of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome symptoms begin when the pressure inside the tunnel becomes too high. This results in your median nerve becoming compressed as it passes through the small tunnel.
The carpal tunnel pressure increase occurs when either of two things happens:
- The tunnel space decreases, such as when the wrist swells eg after a traumatic injury, partial subluxation of the carpal bones or fracture or tenosynovitis.
- When the contents of the tunnel (median nerve, blood vessels and tendons) enlarge.
- Both of these situations increase the pressure on the nerve, leading to the carpal tunnel symptoms.
Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) sufferers will usually experience the following symptoms in their hand or fingers:
- hand pain or aching
- pins and needles
- numbness esp at night of with wrist flexing
- weakness or cramping
- perceived swelling
The symptoms are usually worse at night and your grip will weaken as the condition progresses. Eventually you will notice muscle atrophy of the thenar (thumb) muscles and loss of hand function or clumsiness. If this sounds like you, suspect carpal tunnel syndrome.
Physical Therapy Treatment
- Gliding Exercises: Moving your fingers in a specified pattern of exercises may help your tendons and nerves glide more smoothly through your carpal tunnel. While there’s some evidence that gliding exercises can help relieve symptoms when used alone, these exercises appear to work better in combination with other treatments -such as splinting.
- Graston Technique/Manual Therapy: The Graston Technique incorporates a patented form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively detect and treat scar tissue and restrictions that effect normal function. Manual therapy techniques such as myofascial release or Active Release Technique are hands-on techniques that release tight tendons and musculature.
- Ultrasound: Deep, pulsed ultrasound directed at the carpal tunnel can reduce pain and numbness, and improve hand strength. Continuous superficial ultrasound doesn’t help.
- Traction: Some people obtain relief from carpal tunnel symptoms by using a hand traction device, called C-Trac. You might try this device, which can be purchased for home use, if other conservative treatment options have failed.
- Splints: Splints (braces) are the most commonly used nonsurgical treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome. Splints that immobilize the wrist in a neutral (unbent) position are most likely to relieve discomfort. An unbent wrist maximizes the size of the carpal tunnel, which reduces pressure on the median nerve, relieving your symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.