Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Nagpur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kavita Chandak
Treatment of Depression
Management of Smoking Addiction
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Fear
Treatment of Memory Loss
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of OCD
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Stress at Work
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Alcohol Withdrawal
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Treatment of Personality Disorder
Substance Addiction Management
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Submit a review for Dr. Kavita ChandakYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Kavita Chandak to be very helpful. Thanks doctor!! Your words aroe very true the problem s v had arrange marriage and he s completely different than me and v always end up fighting... Am so frustrated with life.. sometime feels no point of living at all.. however now recently things started to change betwn me n husband where he is slightly showing interest in me but still am more.inclined with my ex we r still in touch and we meet and once I reach home meeting him I.cry a lot thinking about him and miss him... this keeps happening ..
Dr. Kavita Chandak provides answers that are knowledgeable. Thanks for the information doctor.Can you please suggest me what should I consume more and what are the exercises I should practice for increasing my sex level??
I found the answers provided by the Dr.Kavita Chandak is very helpful ,regarding my problem of early ejaculation. doctor explain all the thing very easy language now I am happy in my sex life Thanks doctor.
Doctor Called Me And Explained Me How To Take My Life Forward And Really Cared To Guide Me
Sir I am an engineering student I am always thinking about many thing. I also know that they will not come true but also I think about it. I have lost fear in exam. Now I am in an depression state because nothing has Being going as I think. Please doctor help me.
Procrastination is a way of sabotaging oneself by putting off activities and delaying success. This is an emotional and mental obstacle that many people face in varying degrees. So here is everything you need to know about procrastination.
- It becomes a lifestyle: As per medical research, about 20% of the people who procrastinate, have been doing it on a chronic basis and can now safely say that this is a lifestyle and not just a habit that one has fallen prey to.
- It is cultivated: Contrary to popular belief, procrastination is not something that anyone is born with. It is cultivated with constant inaction over a period of years, which also includes the act of making excuses to put off a task.
- Excessive alcohol consumption: In many cases, procrastinators will end up enjoying higher consumption of alcohol than their contemporaries. This may be done to alleviate boredom before the excessive consumption becomes a habit, which further dulls the senses.
- Hiding from the truth: It has been seen that procrastinators often lie to themselves or hide the truth about their problem by making mindless excuses, which do not actually exist. They are chronic liars who come to believe their lies, which can give rise to even more severe behavioural issues.
- Distractions: Most people who procrastinate will look for distractions that will keep them from doing their work properly. This may include watching television or eating, or even doing mindless chores that are not important.
- Focus: Many of these procrastinators have problems when it comes to focusing and finding solutions for various tasks. They cannot prioritise and put their mind to a certain task, which also prevents them from understanding the requirements for completing that task.
- Avoiders: These types of procrastinators usually avoid doing the tasks that will lead them to success. They do not make the effort to carry out the necessary tasks in a proper manner.
- Decisional procrastinators: These kind of procrastinators simply cannot find the motivation to take a decision that will change the direction of their lives by putting one step in front of the other on a daily basis.
- Cost of procrastination: There is a huge cost that is borne by these kinds of people in the long run. While missing deadlines, losing jobs and not graduating from college are just some of the consequences, many of them also come down with a plethora of health conditions including gastrointestinal diseases.
- Therapy for procrastination: The best way to transform a procrastinator is with the help of cognitive behavioural therapy, which can help in reprogramming the brain with fruitful, guided discussions and internal dialogues. This kind of therapy works well in the long run.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Respected psychiatrists in chennai. Can anyone write for venlafaxine for me? I am on desvenlafaxine 50 mg since 7 months for panic attacks. I am not able to wean off desvenlafaxine. I am having prob with movements when ever I am trying to wean off. I was on venlafaxine 75 mg for two months before trying desvenlafaxine. I am scared to continue desvenlafaxine hereafter because my psych told not to take painkiller along with it ,not even pantocid. I want a safer drug for long term use sir.:(please kindly help me.
I proposed the girl and she also love me but when I reach to her house she doesn't talk to me. And she avoid me in presence of his family members. Then I got depressed. I think she loves me or not. But I believe she loves me so much but when she does not talk to me I become worried. Why this happened?
Is there any way to control my premature ejaculation, and muscles to get it's strength back and recover? Masturbating since 5 years.
Doctor while doing intercourse, I will have an issue of premature ejaculation. Even im unable to have sex properly. Please suggest.
There is no such thing as a ‘Perfect Parent’, so just be a real one. In spite of numerous manuals and books on parenting and child raising, parenting is still the toughest and fulfilling jobs in the world. Here are the best tips that can help you feel more prepared for the job:
1. Boost your Child’s Self-Esteem
Your tone of voice, body language and every expression are absorbed by your kids, so be a good role model for them. Praise their accomplishments even if it is simple or small and make them feel loved. Avoid any belittling statements and choose your words carefully. Be compassionate and supportive even if they make mistakes.
2. Be Involved
Rethink and re-arrange your priorities around you child’s life. It is important to spend quality time with them and listen to them. Set aside a day to go to the park and help them with their homework. Be involved in your child’s life and make time for your precious children.
3. Be Consistent with your Discipline
Set reasonable rules that help your child develop and grow with discipline, without being too strict or bossy. The rules should not instill fear, rather make them understand acceptable behavior and learn self-control. Communicate your rules and avoid overly harsh forms of punishments.
4. Be Flexible with your Parenting Style
There is no one definitive style that works in good parenting. As your child grows, so do you and your parenting style needs to be adaptive. What works with your child now, will not work well after 2 years down the lane. So, seize the right connection and be flexible according to your children’s needs.
Without proper communication, there is no relationship. Take the time to explain and reason with your children to help them understand about certain values and motives of doing things in life. Your words and actions will go a long way to help them learn essential things in a non-judgemental way. Lay down your expectations and invite your children to work along with you.
5. Cheer the Good Stuff
Parents always love to react negatively when kids do something wrong. But how many times have you actually caught them doing something good and appreciating them for the same? Make it a point to praise your children each and every day and reward them for being good.
6. Trust your Instincts
No one knows your children better than you. Follow your gut instincts and trust yourself to be a good parent. Make parenting an easy job and do what is right.
7. Give Respect and Take Respect
Never allow your children, to be rude to you and at the same time give them their due share of respect. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
6 Reasons Pre-marital Counselling is Crucial for Indian Couples
A study published in the Journal of Family Psychology reveals that couples who opt for pre-marital counselling experience higher levels of conjugal satisfaction than couples who don’t go for it. Moreover, these couples, experience a 30% drop in the possibility of divorce over a 5-year period.
Pre-marital counselling is a wise choice as it can help you and your partner to better understand the dynamics of your relationship and build the foundation of a happy future together.
A pre-marital counselling helps you with the following factors-
- Hygiene: Apart from stressing on the importance of personal health and hygiene, you would also hear a gynaecologist, emphasizing on the significance of sexual hygiene for a problem-free married life. While preventing infections that may affect your reproductive system, maintaining sexual hygiene can also significantly elevate the overall hygiene levels of your entire body.
- Sex: Pre-marital sex counselling is essential as it helps to fill in the gaps in your knowledge of sex. During your consultation with a gynaecologist, you can expect to receive information about the male and female anatomy as well as about the actual act. Even thoughts like “sex can be painful” get addressed during the counselling.
- Contraceptives: Counselling sessions with a gynaecologist can also help you in getting your facts right about pregnancy. He or she could guide you on how to work out safe and unsafe days to have sex; talk to you about contraceptive methods; and best family planning practices.
- Folic acid for pregnancy: During a counselling session, you can expect to be encouraged by a gynaecologist to have Vitamin B (folic acid) before and during your pregnancy to avert birth defects in the brain and spinal cord of your potential offspring.
- Vaccines: Opting for a counselling session before marriage can help you to learn about vaccines that will protect you against cervical cancer (cancer of the cervix caused mainly by HPV- a virus) and rubella (a disease caused by the rubella virus, which can cause miscarriage, birth defects and stillbirth).
- Medical investigations: You should also expect investigations based on the following tests-
- Complete blood count test: The aim of this test is to assess your overall health and identify a range of disorders such as anaemia, leukaemia, and infection to name a few.
- Fasting/blood sugar test: The test is performed to diagnose diabetes. A fasting blood glucose level of less than 100mg/dl is considered normal.
- Thyroid stimulating hormone test: This test is taken to check for problems in the thyroid gland.
- Rubella test: It is used to identify antibodies that are formed in the blood, as a result of immunisation or the rubella infection.
- HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography): The test is performed to determine Thalassemia.
- Urine microscopy: The test helps in determining the condition of your urinary tract and kidney. It identifies injury, presence of disease or inflammation of these areas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.