Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Nagpur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashish Kuthe
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish KutheYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Mohamed Yacoob Shariff
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ashish Kuthe to be caring. Need the prescription, please send
While sex is an important part of an adult’s life, it may also come with a number of problems for certain people. Sexual addiction is a problem faced by many and includes a wide range of behavioural patterns when it comes to sex and excessive indulgence in the same. This condition may impact the life of an individual in a significant and even debilitating manner. While many people may confuse this with mere addiction to porn, this is not true. Let us find out more.
Types of Sexual Addiction: There are a number of ways in which sexual addiction may be characterised. As mentioned above, it does not merely include addiction to pornography or any other aspect of sex. It may include an addiction of one or multiple aspects, which include pornography as well. The various forms of sexual addiction include pornography addiction, addiction to fantasy or masturbation, addiction to sadistic behaviour, addition to prostitution, and other excess sexual activities and pursuits like exhibitionism.
Symptoms and Signs: There are a number of physical and emotional symptoms and signs of this condition. The patients suffering from this condition may end up isolating or alienating their partners, which is one of the most common giveaways of this condition. They may also go from one relationship to another in no time at all, with multiple partners in many cases. Also, they will not really have healthy relationships with their partners because of their fantasy based perceptions when it comes to sex. The physical symptoms of this condition include falling prey to venereal diseases and infections on a frequent basis, as well as the exposure to unwanted pregnancy in at least 70% of the cases, as per many medical reports. Anxiety, depression and substance abuse are also some of the common outcomes of this kind of addiction.
Treatment: Sexual addiction and sexual dependency can be treated by first of all treating the physical manifestations of this condition and its symptoms like infections and other ailments. This will be done with the help of medication in most cases. Further, the patient will be put through CBT or cognitive behavioural therapy as well as other forms of sex therapy so that the evaluator or psychologist may find the root cause behind the condition.
This kind of therapy usually follows the route of exhaustive discussions in which the patient will be asked to talk about his or her emotions and problems. These will then be used in order to reprogram the attitude and thinking of the patient. In such cases, the patient will also be encouraged to invest time and effort in the emotional side of a committed relationship so that the dependency on sex may reduce.
Binge drinking or alcoholism or alcohol addiction is one of the most common social issues in our country. It is not easy to define what qualifies for binge drinking across the population. Different people can qualify for binge drinking at different amounts of drinking.
- Consuming alcohol such that the blood alcohol level reaches more than 0.08 is known as binge drinking. This could be the result of about four drinks for men and about five drinks for women.
- Consuming more than five drinks on any given day is considered as binge drinking by another group.
People who are into binge drinking have the following common symptoms:
- Inability to control the urge to drink
- Strong craving for alcoholic drinks
- End up drinking more than they originally intended
- Efforts to cut down or stop drinking having usually failed
- Going an extra mile to obtain and use alcohol, both in terms of money and time
- Having problems fulfilling their social responsibilities including at home, work, or society
- Not deterred by health issues (often caused by alcohol) to quit or control drinking
- Not affected by strained relationships, which also is a result of the habit
- Going to any extremes to obtain a drink (including stealing at home sometimes)
- Getting violent or abusive with others (both known and unknown people)
- Giving up important responsibilities as a result of excessive drinking
- Gradually developing increased tolerance and needing more amounts to have the same ‘high’ feeling from alcohol
What qualifies for binge drinking?
- Drinking more than intended
- Drinking more than 5 drinks per day
- Blacking out or having gaps between drinks
- Violent or abusive relationships or behaviour under the influence of alcohol
How to control this?
What starts off as a social habit becomes dangerous enough to engulf the life of a person.
- Admitting the problem is the first step towards resolution.
- There definitely would be a reluctance, but getting help helps.
- Change the company and stay away from those who encourage you and allow you to have a greater amount of alcohol.
- Think of the positive things like improved work environment and improved relationships at home when you do not have this habit.
- In the beginning, space out your drinks, drink with food, and drink enough water. These will help you reduce the amount of alcohol that gets into your system.
- Talk to your friends and family to get emotional support.
- Attend a detox program with others who are also planning to quit alcohol
- Get into exercise, sports and photography, which are both creative and productive ways to improve ways of recreation and your quality of life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My penis is small what to do, and my penis Shigra skalana problem please suggest this problem and help me with next feature happy with my wife.
Hi, my question is Which night before bed I am eating garlic and honey mixture that next morning I am erection if I don't eat I am waking without erection. Whats the reason.
Hello sir, from last 1-2 years during ejaculation there are some jelly like particles in my sperm, but there was no pain. Whats the actual problem Sir pls tell.
Docter, figuring krte waqt kya hymen k fatne se dard hota h, becoz maine docter se isse pehle pucha tha ki figuring krte waqt hymen fat sacta h to docter ne kaha tha ki ha it is normal happening to mujhe yeh janna h ki figuring krne se hymen fatne se kya dard hota h qki ymen fatne se bleeding v hota h to kya dard hota h figuring jrte waqt.
Every person is familiar with the remark “Stop fidgeting” but does anybody ever wonder why do humans fidget? Is there any scientific reason for such an action? This article will throw light on the underlying causes for what is known as fidgeting.
Fidgeting and its underlying causes
- Scientific research has revealed that fidgeting has many benefits still most people get annoyed when they see another person twitching and tapping. Most people do this seemingly without any control over their movement when they are ordered to be still. Research shows that there is at least one biological reason to back this action.
- Since the same brain area is used for movement and speech, it is only natural that gestures are interlinked with thorough preparation for a speech. People tend to move their hands more when they are looking for a word to say, but are not being able to find it. In a recent study, it was found that school children between the age of 6-8 years who use their hands a lot can come up with the right answers during lessons.
- While this is one theory, another neurological theory suggests that a portion of the mental load is off-loaded through the process of fidgeting when people have to tackle complex problems or thoughts. The theory is called cognitive load hypothesis. The offloading mechanism frees up the mental faculties thus, devoting them to the mental process. While this may not be a definitive explanation for fidgeting, it does go to show that there is a link between a person’s hand movements and their thought and speech process.
Other reasons for fidgeting
- Other than the cognitive advantages, some evidence has also been found linking fidgeting with metabolism. People who fidget are found to have a higher metabolism and lower BMI. This difference can be seen between thin and overweight people. Fidgeting amidst lollygagging during the day helps burn up to 350 calories a day. Also, fidgeting among other incidental physical activity helps keep an individual fit.
- Among other reasons, fidgeting also serves as a coping mechanism for people with ADD. If a person is engaged in something that he/she is not interested in then the additional sensory-motor input that is even slightly stimulating or entertaining helps the brain to get completely engaged. This helps to maintain focus on the actual activity being performed by the individual.
- So, fidgeting helps distract that part of the brain that is getting bored. This helps the other parts of the brain focus better on the actual activity. This is known as floating attention which perhaps is an evolutionary trait that dates back to prehistoric times. In those times, the ability to focus entirely on a task with undivided attention was not favorable to the human since doing so could make them unaware of the enormous ravenous beast hiding behind the bushes.
Thus, though there is some degree of understanding is there when it comes to fidgeting, more research studies are required to gain further insight. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!