Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Nagpur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish KutheYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Mohamed Yacoob Shariff
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ashish Kuthe to be caring. Need the prescription, please send
My penis is small what to do, and my penis Shigra skalana problem please suggest this problem and help me with next feature happy with my wife.
What are the latest treatments for cerebral palsy and autism? What is the difference between cerebral palsy and autism? Please tell me symptoms of c.p and autism?
Hi, my question is Which night before bed I am eating garlic and honey mixture that next morning I am erection if I don't eat I am waking without erection. Whats the reason.
Hello sir, from last 1-2 years during ejaculation there are some jelly like particles in my sperm, but there was no pain. Whats the actual problem Sir pls tell.
Docter, figuring krte waqt kya hymen k fatne se dard hota h, becoz maine docter se isse pehle pucha tha ki figuring krte waqt hymen fat sacta h to docter ne kaha tha ki ha it is normal happening to mujhe yeh janna h ki figuring krne se hymen fatne se kya dard hota h qki ymen fatne se bleeding v hota h to kya dard hota h figuring jrte waqt.
Every person is familiar with the remark “Stop fidgeting” but does anybody ever wonder why do humans fidget? Is there any scientific reason for such an action? This article will throw light on the underlying causes for what is known as fidgeting.
Fidgeting and its underlying causes
- Scientific research has revealed that fidgeting has many benefits still most people get annoyed when they see another person twitching and tapping. Most people do this seemingly without any control over their movement when they are ordered to be still. Research shows that there is at least one biological reason to back this action.
- Since the same brain area is used for movement and speech, it is only natural that gestures are interlinked with thorough preparation for a speech. People tend to move their hands more when they are looking for a word to say, but are not being able to find it. In a recent study, it was found that school children between the age of 6-8 years who use their hands a lot can come up with the right answers during lessons.
- While this is one theory, another neurological theory suggests that a portion of the mental load is off-loaded through the process of fidgeting when people have to tackle complex problems or thoughts. The theory is called cognitive load hypothesis. The offloading mechanism frees up the mental faculties thus, devoting them to the mental process. While this may not be a definitive explanation for fidgeting, it does go to show that there is a link between a person’s hand movements and their thought and speech process.
Other reasons for fidgeting
- Other than the cognitive advantages, some evidence has also been found linking fidgeting with metabolism. People who fidget are found to have a higher metabolism and lower BMI. This difference can be seen between thin and overweight people. Fidgeting amidst lollygagging during the day helps burn up to 350 calories a day. Also, fidgeting among other incidental physical activity helps keep an individual fit.
- Among other reasons, fidgeting also serves as a coping mechanism for people with ADD. If a person is engaged in something that he/she is not interested in then the additional sensory-motor input that is even slightly stimulating or entertaining helps the brain to get completely engaged. This helps to maintain focus on the actual activity being performed by the individual.
- So, fidgeting helps distract that part of the brain that is getting bored. This helps the other parts of the brain focus better on the actual activity. This is known as floating attention which perhaps is an evolutionary trait that dates back to prehistoric times. In those times, the ability to focus entirely on a task with undivided attention was not favorable to the human since doing so could make them unaware of the enormous ravenous beast hiding behind the bushes.
Thus, though there is some degree of understanding is there when it comes to fidgeting, more research studies are required to gain further insight. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My son recently had an episode of Psychosis which was initiated by substance use. He is 20 years old. Doctor has prescribed Rosptril Plus 2 and Oliramp2. 5 mg at night. Is the prescription all right? And do we have to give him these different medicines or it can be managed by one drug only? He is much better now but but has become slow in his actions, is it the effect of these drugs? For how much time do I have give these drugs? I have read that these drugs are habit forming and once withdrawn they can cause much damage, is it true?
I am 17 years old. I was feeling anxiety and fast heartbeat for 7-8 days and was not able to concentrate .also gabrahat my doctor gave me arjunarishta and some other medicine. Is it a serious problems .also suggested lifestyle change to overcome this.
In which of these conditions will the flaccid penis in smallest state (sleep, stress, cold, exertion, etc.) in length and girth and my question was actually will the flaccid penis always at the same size in the condition of stress. I mean could it be smaller (in length and in girth) in more of stress then in less of a stress (same for cold or both or the other factors I sad; together or alone. I will be very happy if you would answer. I just need a specific answer from a urologist. The other questions ı asked didn't answer this question. Thank you.
Don’t smoke any cigarettes. Each cigarette you smoke damages your lungs, your blood vessels, and cells throughout your body. Even occasional smoking is harmful.