Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amit NagarkarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
My visit to dr Amit Nagarkar at Healthy Minds - Advanced Psychiatric Clinic in Dhantoli, Nagpur for abnormal behavior regarding anger issues. He encouraged me to control reactions and reciprocate my actions into a positive aura.
Our family physician personally recommended Dr Amit Nagarkar who is available in emergency 24 H. I am so happy that I chose him for my psychiatry treatment as now I am perfectly fine. Dr Amit Nagarkar has expert knowledge in the field. I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the HEALTHY MINDS - Clinic. I was quite depressed due to my condition, but Dr Amit Nagarkar guided me to change my attitude. The interior of the HEALTHY MINDS - Advanced Psychiatric Clinic was no nicely done, it was so clean. Not only he is very calm and composed, but is also a very understanding doctor. I never felt so much relief, but Amit Nagarkar has treated me completely.
My uncle was suffering from Schizophrenia due to which we were very tensed. Even after consulting number of doctors, nothing helped. One of my friends referred Dr Amit , he is really like god send person. He is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience in handling high risk cases. Though, it took time for the recovery but still, he is perfectly fine now. My uncle is too much benefitted with his treatment that I will surely recommend to consult him if anyone facing the same issue.
The complete process of depression treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult him. It has been quite some time that i was suffering from depression. I thought it was something very normal, but then I realised the depression is something else. The atmosphere in the HEALTHY MINDS - Advanced Psychiatric Clinic is always so positive and full of life. He is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts.
dr Amit Nagarkar is an excellent Psychiatrist who has a wide knowledge in his field. The best part of him is that he is always available for his patients. He gave me a treatment for my alcohol addiction after which i never faced any problem regarding it again. I am very thankful to his staff at his clinic HEALTHY MINDS - Advanced Psychiatric Clinic in Nagpur too for letting me be at my ease
My daughter was suffering from a psychological issue. I consulted amny psychologist but the problem was not resolved. I thank Dr Amit Nagarkar who helped me with the treatment. The doctor is so kind and helpful. He helped treating my daughter's eating disorders with ease. I am glad that i consulted him and I would recommend to visit him if anyone facing the same issue.
After my son’s bad result, my son started talking about self-injuries and suicide on a daily basis. His condition was getting worse day by day so I consulted with dr Amit Nagarkar at his clinic HEALTHY MINDS - Advanced Psychiatric Clinic which is located in Nagpur and after the Abnormal Behavior Treatment & remedies he prescribed, my son has now started positively.
My daughter was suffering from some mental disorder for which I chose to consult Dr Amit . It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in her. The Hypnotherapy he gave was quite beneficial. He is really a nice doctor and I we him a big thank for this treatment.The overall atmosphere in Healthy Minds clinic is very soothing.
My insomnia issue was increasing day by day. Even though the problem was not so big, but still the other doctors were not able to treat it. Then I consulted Amit Nagarkar. The overall atmosphere in the healthy Minds Clinic is very soothing. Finally with his treatment, I am completely cured from the problem.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Amit Nagarkar to be well-reasoned. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Amit Nagarkar to be very helpful. Share feedback in your own words...
Dr. Amit Nagarkar provides answers that are very helpful. But will i hve any side effects
Dr. Amit Nagarkar provides answers that are very helpful. Thank u sir....
It is sad to hear of a loved one suffering, but it is downright painful if that someone is your own child. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a condition which was not paid much attention to for many years. The fact remains, however, that ADHD is something that can adversely affect the life of your child and their relationships. One example is Olympian Michael Phelps, who had been diagnosed with this disorder. In order to know if a child does suffer from it, it is important to pay attention to a few signs.
Signs You Must Not Ignore
- To start off, if a child seems to be fidgety all the time, it is a good sign that there is a chance that he or she may have ADHD. While it is true that children often display feelings of excitement as well as a degree of restlessness most of the time, the ability of a child suffering from ADHD to sit still, quite literally, surpasses any normal standards for even a very restless child who does not have ADHD.
- As a matter of fact, most children who are diagnosed with the disorder are diagnosed by the time they are 7 or 8 years old. For many kids, this has something to do with the signs that are displayed once they join school, which are related to their behavioural habits. For example, children who have ADHD are likely to show their inability to await their turn in a group activity. As a result, they are likely to interrupt not only their peers, but also their teachers to say express their thoughts.
- For those who are not well versed with this issue that so many children face, the behaviour of a child with ADHD come across as being outright selfish. However, this is really not the case. In many cases, since children with ADHD find it difficult to follow plans and set out tasks, their inability to do so is often considered as lack of intelligence. Such judgements can lower the morale of the child and make him or her feel inadequate, insecure and left out.
Many children who have ADHD are not loud and usually do not stand out in a group. Rather, they are more likely to be the quiet ones who daydream. All this can have major effects on the academic record of the child, and it is fair to say that he or she is quite likely to under perform compared to the rest of the students in the class.
If you see any of these signs, do not be alarmed. However, do seek a doctor’s opinion to know for sure if your child has ADHD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Sir one of my friend had got paralysis attack and his left hand fingers stopped working doctor said there was a clot in brain. Now he is fine. Can he drink alcohol.
My son is artistic, aged 35, no speech, behaviour is like 5 years old, mentally retarded. He takes Trioptal 300 and lonazep in the morning and night. PRESCRIBED by Psychologist. I saw his BP is 92 and 132, can you recommend any pills for BP. Does it BP is due to above medicines. please advise. Thanks.
I am having anxiety cough since 3 years. Right now I am taking treatment from an ENT surgeon but no improvement. Which doctor should I consult for anxiety cough a psychiatrist or ENT?
Can any of the paralysis symptoms be seen in MRI? I used to feel very less energy in right arm and right leg. I also had problem in balancing my self sometimes, not very often. I was a heavy smoker smoking 25 to 30 a day then I quit for 4 months, literally no cigarettes. Then I started smoking again 5 to 10 cigarettes a day. During 5 to 10 cigarettes a day I felt these symptoms. At night when I used to come back from I used to feel a little unconsciousness as well as when I when I used to wake up I mentioned. Thank you.
I have less sperm counts and I'm feeling depressed nowadays. What can I do for more sperm counts and what will be the possibilities for I become father of a healthy child? Please help me out of this.
Is lubricant use while doing sex is safe or help us to get more erection and increase time. Please suggest some best lubricant which performance is good and help in stay long.
A lot of things can be done to cope with the initial stages of dementia. A person goes through a wide range of emotions such as fear, denial, frustration, and anger, post the diagnosis. Here is a list of tips that will help a patient with dementia to cope better:
- Physical health: For a dementia patient, it is very important to take care of one’s health. A good diet along with regular exercise and adequate rest is a prerequisite to manage this disorder.
- Regular check-ups: Regular medical check-ups with the doctor are necessary in this condition. Depression and other mental health problems should be discussed with a professional.
- Quit alcohol: Alcohol might give momentary pleasure from the misery, but it has long-standing implications. It reacts with the medicine and creates additional health and memory-related complications.
- Allocate time for difficult tasks: With time, it can become difficult to perform even the simplest of tasks. The patient should accordingly schedule the time to perform the tasks which may be difficult to carry out. Adequate breaks should be taken while performing a task to avoid getting fatigued.
- Redefine work: If a patient is suffering from dementia is still working, it should be ensured that the work is more manageable from a desk. Planning an early retirement may be a good idea in order to cope with dementia.
- Be organised: Keeping track of things can get difficult with time. It, therefore, makes sense to organise all belongings systematically. Putting labels on doors and drawers also help.
- Continue pursuing your hobbies: Amidst the difficulty and the depression, it is a good idea to continue doing things that are fun. While such activities might require some assistance from the doctor and family members, this helps the patient to be cheerful and healthy.
- Maintain notes: Since dementia is involved with forgetfulness, it makes sense to maintain a diary and keep records of phone numbers, people, appointments, etc.
- Communication channel: Maintaining a direct communication channel with family, friends, and relatives is a good idea. Sharing feelings will go a long way in maintaining relations with loved ones.
- Support group: Joining a dementia support group can be highly beneficial for the patient. It will not only give the patient company but also make sure that the patient gets a lot of useful information about the disorder. It also helps in keeping the morale up.
- Getting ready for the future: Things need to be meticulously planned well in advance to ensure that when the disease progresses, the patient has enough people to look after him. Things such as medical arrangements, financial assets, and property details should be carefully handed over as per the patient's wish. This will ensure a smooth run of the patients’ life when they can no longer take care of themselves. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Helo doc. I am really worried about my virginity. I did not had sex and I did not used any tampon etc. But I could not see hymen. Whenever I see I only see a white thing covered. Where is my hymen? How does it look.
Psychiatry is not just a form of medicine to identify and treat the psychiatric illness, but it also helps in improving attention, cognition, memory and concentration. Psychiatry has its role in different fields and working in the field of memory improvement is quite interesting. Memory is basically the process through which a person stores information for days, months and years.
Human brain is a dynamic entity and has wonderful capacity to store information and recall it as and when required. However, our memory is affected by a number of reasons, such as aging, accidents, negligence and certain diseases, which involves our brain and nervous system. Further, the memory of an event will improve, based on the frequency at which it has been recalled.
Apart from the frequency of recall, psychiatry can also help a person to improve the capacity of brain and sharpen their memory to store incidents or events for a prolonged period of time.
How along with psychiatric therapy you can improve your memory:
- Improving your concentration while doing any work will naturally improve your memory. Doing things with concentration will help us in storing information for a longer period of time.
- Relieving your mind from stress or anxiety is also a great way to improve your memory as stress has the ability to hamper your memory.
- Eating a balanced and nutritious diet is essential for a better memory. For increasing the memory power, psychiatrists insist on a diet which is anti inflammatory, rich in protein and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- A simple 20 minute exercise routine will not just help you to stay fit physically, but mentally as well.
- It also important to sleep properly, as sleep helps your mind and body to prepare for the next day. It is also advised to have a short nap in the afternoon to improve your brain functioning during the day time.
- Smoking and frequent consumption of caffeine also hampers your memory, thus, it is advised that one should quit smoking and reduce the consumption of caffeine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized psychiatrist.
Hello, doctor since a month there is a little shrinkage in my left testicle more than in my right one .Perhaps both shrunk I evenly watch porn and sometimes go for masturbation. I don't smoke. My friend used to hit on my balls while we have small fight he happened to do that only few times may be for 6 times he hit on my balls. I don't sleep early sometimes I don't even go to bed. Since intermediate second year exams are approaching. 1.What may be the reason for this? 2.How could I regain my testicles back? 3.Can I even get them back? 4.Does this effect my sex life (children in future) though I am not to that age yet? Excuse me if I am embarrassing you Please help me doctor.
I am a 25 year old male. I have 2 questions. 1st, I am having mild aches once in a while in my testicles. Pain is not severe but is causing discomfort. Please let me know the possible reasons. Solutions and severity of the problem. 2nd, I feel that my Penis's foreskin is little light. I want to get it checked .Whom should I contact for these issues.
I have sexual problem i.e. Premature ejaculation and night fall and less strength. please guide me what would be minimum time period to complete recovery from such type of diseases.
Symptoms for Bipolar disorder varies from patient to patient. Bipolar 1 and bipolar 2 can vary in terms of signs and symptoms. Both diseases have a different set of symptoms and they are diagnosed according to the merit of the symptoms.
Bipolar 1 is characterised by a manic episode. This may be followed by a hypomanic or depressive instance. Symptoms of mania can cause major impairment in life and extreme cases may require hospitalisation. Bipolar 1 patients can suffer from psychosis as well.
Bipolar 2 is characterised by a hypomanic instance that lasts for at least four days and one depressive instance lasting for a minimum of two weeks. Bipolar 2 doesn’t involve a manic episode. Frequent mood swings and violent behaviour can be major challenge in a patient’s life.
Warning signs of manic and hypomanic behaviour:
a. Quick passing thoughts
b. Unusual talkativeness
d. Increased social activity
e. Inflated sense of self-esteem
Symptoms of bipolar disorder
- Anxious distress: Apprehensions about not finishing a task on time, feeling of restlessness, feeling of losing control, difficulty in concentrating due to distress, fearing an awful event will occur in the near future, etc., are key symptoms of anxiety distress.
- Melancholic features: Patients suffering from bipolar disorder like to be left alone. They may not seek pleasure in any activity and even good things may not have much effect on them.
- Catatonia: This is a condition wherein, a person stops reacting to the environment. Not speaking and holding unusual body positions are some signs of these symptoms. There might be a tendency of mimicking too.
- Psychosis: This is one of the classical symptoms of bipolar disease. It is characterised by hallucination, constant depression and delusions.
- Seasonal pattern: There is a pattern of manic, hypomanic and depressive episodes throughout the year. The pattern might change within a month or season.
- Rapid cycling: The number of mood swings can exceed four or more times in a single year.
- Peripartum onset: This is a condition where bipolar disorder symptoms are witnessed in a pregnant woman during pregnancy or within the four weeks following delivery.
Symptoms in children: It is difficult to find symptoms of bipolar disorder in children and teens. Along with bipolar disorder, kids are most often diagnosed with other mental health problems as well. The problems can result from stress, trauma or chemical imbalance of the brain. Perhaps the biggest symptoms of bipolar disorder in children and teens are their frequent mood swings, chronic depression and feeling of despair. There might be a tendency of oversleeping as well. Reaching out to a doctor or professional help is very necessary for cases related to children and teens. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
Fits-When I am 7 standard, I got a fits. After that I went to many Hospitals for cure. At last I went to Global clinic. From 8 years I am ok, its Totally cure, but still I am using tablets, please suggest me.
Depression can wreak havoc in anyone’s life. It not only brings relentless hopelessness, but can also alter the life of a person. The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) reveals that more than 7% of young adults suffer from depression without their knowledge.
The cardinal symptoms of depression include feeling sad or disinterested in his or her surroundings for most of the time during the day. This may happen with or without nay stressor. Depression is also characterised by changes in day to day routines like having lack of sleep or more sleep, loss of appetite or eating more than needed, not getting happiness of previously pleasurable activities, getting annoyed and irritated easily, having abrupt mood swings, having feelings of helplessness, hopelessness, worthlessness, having death wishes and ideas for committing suicide etc.
If a person deals with the below mentioned symptoms for more than once a week, it is wise to visit a psychiatrist in order to treat it.
- Eating irregularities: Loss of appetite is very common in those suffering from depression. A person might find himself withdrawn most of the time. This results in loss of interest in cooking or eating. Too many negative thoughts can curb hunger, resulting in weakness. On the other hand, depression can also lead to overeating. Affinity towards caffeine, chocolates, and ice cream dramatically increases. Studies have shown that these food items can give a soothing feeling. This being said, they are also responsible for weight gain in a person in a very short span of time.
- Sleeping irregularities: A depressed person might find himself sleeping too much or too little. The disengagement from daily lives and sudden energy drop makes a person fatigued for the better half of the day, resulting in more sleep. This also serves as an escape mechanism for many. There is also the other lot who can hardly sleep due to depression. Irrational thinking and a sense of vengeance can cause this problem. This is a far worse problem. Lack of minimum amount of sleep can disturb the body’s internal clock, resulting in fatigue and tiredness.
- Frequent agitation: If your friends complain of frequent snapping and agitation from your end, you might be suffering from depression. A load of heavy emotion results into frequent mood swings and force a person to behave irrationally. The sense of understanding and empathy tends to take a back seat and gets replaced by irritation and pain during this phase. A person can find himself on the edge with small and little things.
- Challenge in concentrating: Forgetting a deadline or losing focus in work is a common tendency witnessed if faced with depression. Concentrating on a job becomes a major challenge. Since the mind is preoccupied with negative thoughts, a person portrays risky behaviour and poor decision-making. Reiteration of the same thoughts can make concentration extremely challenging for a person suffering from depression.
- Hard to enjoy a hobby: If a person finds it difficult to enjoy things he previously loved doing, he might be suffering from depression. Depression makes it difficult for a person to seek pleasure in fun activities. It creates a vicious cycle of despair and loneliness. Isolation from any company is what a patient of depression longs for. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a and ask a free question.