Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Nagpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijit DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old sometimes my right eye pains at night while using my phone. It wasn't like this before. I'll be glad if you'll help.
My father is 61 years old and have a problem of eye floatters from 1 year. Please help me to solve this problem without any surgerry.
I am (24 ), its been two months I started seeing dark spots in my eyes. Last month I visited a doctor and he told my retina had swollen as per test report and gave me 3 eye drops and multi vitamin tablets prescribed for 3 months. Now that its been one month, sometimes it feels like things are a bit better however the problem still remains the same. Should I go see him or wait for some more time since he told me its going to be a very slow recovery.
Hello. I am 17 years of age male. I am using my smartphone regularly most of the time. How to take care about my eyes?
My face is thin and the area under eye loses fat but weight is normal. How to cover under eyes area permanently .plz suggest which supplement should I take.
My left eye is frequently getting blur vision and becoming red and dark circle around both eyes are very annoying me.
Recently had been to tour of 3 days (sunny days, temperature was quite high). After coming back I am experiencing headache at left side of my head and eyes have turned red. Please help me.
Causes and Symptoms of Hypermetropia You Need to Know About
Hypermetropia, commonly known as long-sightedness, is a common vision condition in which distant objects appear clear, but nearby objects seem blurry or foggy. A person's ability to focus is greatly dependent on the degree of farsightedness. This condition of the eye is usually observed at birth and is also hereditary to some extent. Although, contact lenses and eye glasses are common methods of treatment, surgeries are also an option.
Before getting to understand the causes one should be aware of the structure of the eye.
The eye has two parts that focus on images
- The clear surface at the front of the eye known as the cornea
- The second part is the lens, which is a clear structure
In a normal eye, these clear surfaces have a smooth curvature. The cornea and the lens bend or refract the incoming light to direct a sharply focused image on the retina, situated at the back of your eye.
Hypermetropia is caused when
- The cornea or lens in the eye is not even or smoothly curved. In such cases, light rays are focussed behind retina which gives a blurry vision.
- The condition can also occur when the cornea of the eye is not curved enough. A shorter than the normal eye can also lead to such a condition. Convergent squint with eyes turning in is common in hypermetropes.
Due to these factors, the image is not precisely focused on the retina, causing blurry vision for nearby objects.
Some of the symptoms of farsightedness include:
- Objects that are close may appear blurry or cloudy
- Squinting the eyes might be necessary for viewing clearly
- A person may experience strain in the eye, aching and even inflammation in and around the eye
- Prolonged periods of close task like reading, writing or drawing may cause discomfort in the eye or minor headaches
Chronic eye strain and cross eyes are some of the commonly observed complications.
Related Tip: 4 Tips for a Great Eyesight