Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Nagpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abhay Chhallani
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Abhay ChhallaniYour feedback matters!
I get frequent anxiety episodes, due to any smallest reason resultenting to bp and headaches. Please advice. What to do?
Sir is OCD curable mental disease permanently please sir can I get rid of OCD permanently by treatment to whom should I contact which doctor your grace sir please suggest me.
I am 45 years old. I get depressed for irritating behavior of family members which does not suit me. I feel like breaking house goods and beat all people. I have tense mind, face is stone faced when under anger. How to overcome, Please advise.
I am preparing for jee. I have a habit of scratching paints on the walls and benches and everything that comes to my hand. I do that while listening to the class, reading. also while writing the exam I am wasting time doing that. I am trying a lot to prevent that .I started doing before 3 years .how can I get rid of that .please help.
M 30 year old unmarried, I always feel body pain, in morning when I wake up that time I feel too lazy n feel very weakness and pain in both legs. Please suggest me what can I do. Thankfully Abu zafar.
Hello, I started to smoke three months back and now daily it has been like an habit. I initially started just taking one puff but right now I'm smoking daily, I wanna quit can some one help me?
What is Acute Stress Disorder
Acute stress reaction usually happens when some stressful events occur. Acute usually indicates that the symptoms occur quickly and do not last for a long time. Symptoms, such as anxiety and stress occur when exposed to stressful events. It is believed that acute stress disorder occurs after unexpected crisis like traumatic events, serious accidents, domestic violence, sexual assaults or sudden bereavement. Acute stress reactions are commonly seen in people who have experienced major disasters or terrorist incidents.
Symptoms of Acute Stress Reaction
Symptoms of the condition develop very quickly, within minutes to hours in response to a stressful condition. Some of the symptoms are:
- Anxiety, mood changes, emotional trauma (ups and downs), poor concentration and sleep, irritability and the desire to be alone
- Unpleasant recurrent dreams
- Avoiding situations and people who may cause anxiety and stress
- Emotionally numb
- Nausea, palpitations, headaches, abdominal pain, difficulty in breathing and chest pain are usually caused by the stress hormones like epinephrine.
Management of Acute Stress Disorder
Generally treatment is not required as the symptoms go when the stressful episode is over. Talking to family and friends or understanding the symptoms is helpful. Some people might experience extended symptoms. The following can be done:
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): This is the therapy where a person can talk to an experienced therapist to understand the patterns and the triggers that charge the problem. The aim of the therapist is to change the way a person thinks and help him avoid the thoughts and be more realistic and calm. Usually when CBT is used for acute stress disorder patients then it is termed as trauma focused CBT.
Counselling: This is usually done when the symptoms are more severe or persistent. It is helpful as it helps to explore the way to deal with the stress and its symptoms. Psychiatrists help by counselling the people and also there are many online resources, which might be helpful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
I have headache and also sneezing. There is cough and cold. Body pain. Leg pain. Hand swelling and pain in back.
Stress has become a common problem in day to day life for a lot of people. Too much stress can result in premature aging and accumulation of free radicals within the body. Stress can also cause premature hair fall, wrinkles, exhaustion and frequent frustration. Ayurvedic therapies can counter stress and combat its physical toll on the body. Here is a list of few easy-to-follow Ayurvedic therapy techniques, which are extremely effective against stress:
- A stress-free start: It makes sense to start the day without any stress in mind. Ayurveda states that a full bowel movement is of paramount importance to start an effective day. Abhyanga, an oil message before having a bath, proves to be extremely effective. This should be followed by a 10-minute break so that the body can soak the oil. Lukewarm or hot water should be used to take bath. Some other yoga therapies such as pranayama, transcendental meditation, etc. can be practiced to get a head start on the day.
- Abhyanga: Abhyanga or an oil massage is a good stress resilient. In case there is a time crunch, neck, hand and feet region should be massaged to fetch great results. A moisturizing oil massage in these areas has a soothing effect on the body and mind.
- Meditation: It is a known fact that meditation by far is the best Ayurvedic therapy to counter stress. Over 600 studies have shown that meditation has a positive effect on stress. It can successfully cut down the cortisol hormone in the blood and the level of lactic acid in the body by increasing the level of serotonin. A 15-minute meditation schedule on a daily basis can do a world of good for people who are living a stressed life.
- Therapeutic aroma: It has been proven many times in the past that therapeutic aroma can successfully relieve stress in the short term. The choice of fragrance can be from the flower at home, aroma locket, aroma oil, perfume and so on. These aromas will not only give a feel-good factor throughout the day, but also ensure that the level of cortisol remains at an acceptable stage.
- Keeping hydrated: Keeping hydrated throughout the day is of prime importance to lead a stress-free life. Plenty of water along with time-to-time green tea relieves the nerve and has a soothing effect on the body. It is also necessary to forego beverages such as alcohol and coffee for long-term health benefits.
- Soothing music: Music has a profound impact on the nervous system, mind and on the overall human emotion. It creates a feel-good factor and relieves stress throughout the day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.