Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Nagpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abhay Chhallani
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Abhay ChhallaniYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 20 year old male. I have anxiety problem. I know I have over thinking problem. What should I do to stop over thinking and neglect anxiety for forever.
I am not able to speak clearly and loudly. This makes me face rejection in interviews. I also lack confidence in speaking. Give me some tips to improve my speaking skill, Articulation skills and loud and clear voice.
I have stammering problem from childhood. I barely talk to anyone becoz of this .please give me a proper way to overcome it.
I am a smoker 4-5 cigarettes a day, recently I am feeling heaviness in my chest and sometimes I feel a slight pain in heart. I am trying to stop this habit, will stopping help me in this or shall I try some medication.
How to deal with obsessive compulsive disorder? I have stupid thoughts that I can become pregnant by sitting on the toilet seat which was spilled with semen or urine by a male. How should I help myself and not think about it. Can this happen? Also, what are the ways to deal with ocd.
I'm 25 years old Male and I'm taking medicine for Anxiety Disorder and deficiency of Calcium from last 4 months so I want to know about the particular function of medicine I.E.C Pram S* Plus and" D- Shine 60K"
I have a masturbation problem whenever I am in anger mood after that I am automatically in mood of sex why so?
You might be feeling that spending time on any social media network is a simple way to pass time and is a common habit. But a recent study by University of Chicago Booth School of Business says that social networking sites can be more addictive, than alcohol. The desire to consume alcohol can be controlled and turned down, but the desire to check Facebook is simply uncontrollable for most people, and it’s a serious addiction.
About the study
The ground breaking study was done on 250 people in and around Germany aged between 18 and 85 years of age. They were sent messages at specific intervals to report their desires and cravings. It is found that most people had the desire to sleep and have sex during the day that they were able to control. But the desire for checking Facebook was much higher.
Reasons for Facebook addiction
- One of the major reasons is that availability of Facebook is much easier and higher than alcohol availability.
- Also, it is thought that the cost of checking Facebook is much less than consuming some amount of alcohol on a regular basis.
- Even if a man wants to resist his desire, but due to easy availability and lesser cost, he is prone to use it again and again.
- Alcohol consumption is prohibited in public and during office hours in many countries. But checking Facebook updates have no restrictions. People can check it whenever they feel the desire.
- The most shocking part is the urges drove the people to such an extent, that they couldn’t even resist themselves even if they wanted to do so.
Effects of Facebook addiction
- Drainage of time: No matter how good we feel while checking Facebook updates, can you deny that it’s simply a waste of time?
- Self esteem reduced: When you see your peers enjoying their life with flying colors, no wonder you will feel depressed. But we are reluctant to believe this fact, that nobody shows his tragic part of life on Facebook. So, whom you think is the happiest person in the world, may be the saddest and is drowned in his own miseries.
Remedy of this so called addiction
The study says that when we are much worn out, we are unable to control our desire and our will power is depleted.
So, if you find yourself posting your status on Facebook at the midnight instead of sleeping, then it is high time you should try to come out of this addiction and give yourself a better life and health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.