Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mysore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Sumiya Sulthana
Submit a review for Dt. Sumiya SulthanaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
My dad had undergone angioplasty recently, with all the routine checkups we found out that he had high chance of getting diabetes. That s when I got in contact with Sumiya sulthana for his diet plan. Her diet plan worked wonderfully well. He is now able to manage his sugar levels without medication.
I suffered with dengue 8 months back. After my recovery I felt lethargic and unfit. I consulted Dr. Sultana, and she helped me to formulate a better diet regime. It helped me a lot and I have recommended her services to my friends and family as well.
Lifestyle changes such as eating healthy and exercising are to be incorporated in everyone’s life. The awareness to go organic is being spread wide, mostly because of social media. Analysis of the food we eat and questioning the components of our diet is very much necessary and this has created a lot of facts and myths. In the world that we live in today, we weigh multiple options for choosing the right one. One such comparison is between white eggs and brown eggs. The egg shell color influences consumers to a great extent.
Eggs are filled with nutritional value. About 70 calories, 6 grams of protein and vitamin B are the components of eggs. Eggs are a very good source of protein. The egg yolk contains a lot of cholesterol. Those who would want to avoid cholesterol can take only the egg white. Carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin are the other nutrients present in eggs. They lower the risk of macular degeneration. Choline, another element present in the eggs helps in memory development.
Types of eggs
The common labels one could see in the case of eggs are free-run, organic, free-roaming, vegetarian fed, Omega-3 enriched and graded eggs. These categories are based on the diet and lifestyle of the hens. Some hens are fed vegetarian food and are not given animal proteins. Some are not caged and are let in open spaces. These hens lay eggs in their nests and some are fed with flax seeds. Such eggs are labeled as Omega-3 enriched.
White vs brown eggs
Here are a few points to ponder about the difference between white eggs and brown eggs:
- Shell: The color of the shell is the major difference between brown and white eggs. The egg shells of brown color are believed to be hard, which is nothing but a myth. Young chickens lay harder shelled eggs.
- Nutritional value: The color does not really determine the egg quality. What really matters is the hen's diet. Two hens, given the same diet, lay eggs with the same nutritional value irrespective of the color of the shell.
- Yolk: It is believed that brown eggs have richly colored yolks when compared to white eggs. This is determined by the amount of corn the hen eats rather than the eggshell color.
- Cost: White chicken lays white eggs and brown chicken lays brown eggs. Brown eggs are costlier than white eggs. This is because the maintenance of brown chickens cost more. They are larger in size and they require more food. This costs the farmers more.
- Taste: White eggs and brown eggs taste the same. There are not many differences when it comes to taste of the eggs. This again depends on the food to the hen.
- Bleaching of white eggs: White eggs are not bleached to make them appear white. As mentioned earlier, the color of the hen influences the color of the eggs. Sometimes brown hens lay white eggs but the color of the resulting white egg is darker than a normal white egg. This has no connection with bleaching.
The nutritional value is the same for both the eggs. The major things that cause a difference between these two eggs are the shell color and cost.
Most of us have probably heard of probiotics and prebiotics in recent days, but do you happen to know what they are exactly and how they can be beneficial to your health? If you have some knowledge about nutrition, you will understand the prominence of prebiotics and probiotics, which aids in health improvement.
Prebiotics are non-digestible food components which are natural and acts as an excellent support for the natural growth of useful bacteria in the human body. They are termed as good bacteria promoters. Consumption of the prebiotic food will enhance calcium level in the body, and they are also responsible for gastrointestinal health improvement. There is no necessity to consume separate pills for prebiotic development; they are available in certain food items like onions, garlic, bananas, soybeans, whole-wheat foods, asparagus, artichokes and much more.
Probiotics are nothing but good bacteria which are naturally available in the body and are responsible for repopulation of intestinal bacteria. Probiotics are also responsible for management of bowel syndrome symptoms. Other than these, probiotics will help in the prevention of allergic symptoms, reduction of lactose intolerance etc. Probiotics are available in non-dairy food products like miso, cultured non-dairy yogurts, kimchi etc.
Advantages of Prebiotics and Probiotics
- Reduces the symptoms of asthma.
- Prevents eczema in children.
- Controls the development of colorectal cancer.
- Improves immune system
- Normalizes the bowel function.
- Improves immune system.
- Helps in the digestion process.
- Helps in nutrient absorption.
- Helps in detoxification.
- Improves health.
Other than the above-listed benefits, prebiotics and probiotics offer multiple benefits. Probiotics present in the body will work round the clock balancing both good and bad bacteria within the GI tract and prevents numerous problems like the poor elimination of waste, poor digestion, stress, oral contraceptives, etc. Overall, both prebiotics and probiotics are highly essential for humans to improve their health.
There are many probiotic and prebiotic supplements available in the market, but it is advisable for consumption of probiotics and prebiotics in a natural way by adding probiotic and prebiotic enriched food items to your daily diet.
I am becoming fat everyday due to pcod. Doctor gave me metmin A medicine, what I have to do to reduce my whole weight plss help me.
My weight was 93.4 I lost 7 kgs in a month now my weight is 85.5 my target is 73 in 2 months will it be possible?
I had good physique until 11th, but due to study load in 12th, I gained weight and now has belly fat and round tummy which I do not like, and I also hate the kind of fitting I get in my clothes now. Now I am in my 2nd year undergraduate. Age 19. Please help me remove my belly fat and make it flat and look good and fit. My weight is around 79 kg and height around 5'10"
I am 23 years old and I have a problem about my stomach. I am lean and stomach is becoming big day to day. Please suggest me how can I make it flatter.
It is important to manage stress to lead a good life, if you are neglecting sure it is harming your health by reducing your immunity, yes it is true sexcess stress reduce your immunity.