Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mysore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. VanishreeYour feedback matters!
I want to know that , is the eye power will reduce after the uses CRT corneal refractive therapy for 1 year. Or the eye will get its original shape after 1 year. Then what is the benefit? My eye power is -1.75D .I wear glasses since 4 year. When I remove glasses .I feel can't see distance object as previously I saw . Is it for wearing glasses? I am tensed , want to cure my eye with out any surgery.
Lots of problem is happing now a days in the evening time I can't see clearly. And feeling very weakness.
I am suffering from myopia, can looking too much at phone screen can increase worsen my eye conditions and increase my eye power?
Sir on my face under eyes there is swelling from last six months it looks like puffiness m not taking any medication no other sickness. Kindly tell me thr cause of it and to get rid.
I want to know about laser treatment my eyesight is -4.75 left and -5.00 right. My age is 18 years. Pls suggest me is that good or not?
I am in job graphic designing, in this job work have 10 hours. It means I watching computer continuously , then any problem come into my eyes ? If so any remedy?
Sir, I'm not able to see a clear picture with my left eye. But my right eye is good. Please suggest me the solution. Thank you.
I have a red eyes for 3days. What should I do for its cureness. I m facing a big problem. Please help me. I will be yhankfil to you.
I am a 29year old female. I have been detected with vitreous detachment in my right eye since a year now. The power of my right eye is -2.5 spherical and -1 cylindrical with axis of 35. The power of my left eye is -0.25 spherical and -0.75 cylindrical with axis of 70. Because of the big difference between the power of 2 eyes and also vitreous detachment I am very uncomfortable with my vision. Also with spectacles it is still OK, but with lenses I feel my right eye is not working at all. I had few questions which are as follows: 1. If I go for basic, Will basic operation help or damage the right eye. Should I go for basic operation? 2. Will I get vitreous detachment problem in my left eye too? Please help me this as I am facing a lot of strain in my right eye lately.
Mujhe jyada TV dekhne ke karan +1 point ka chasma lag gaya hai. Mai jaldi chasma utarne ke liye kya karu. Please tell me what should I do.
With everything requiring a computer to execute, more and more people end up looking at the computer screen for hours on end. This could range anywhere from a couple of hours to really long hours like 16 to 18. The effect of is a group of symptoms, which are collectively known as computer vision syndrome or CVS (syndrome means a collection of symptoms). The cause of this is the strain and pain resulting from constant staring at the monitor.
It is a type of repetitive stress injury, where a particular organ, the eye here, is subjected to repeated action (staring at a monitor) resulting in a group of symptoms. This is also compounded by age, where the flexibility to adjust to near and far vision is gradually reduced.
Symptoms of CVS:
There is no damage per se, but a constant strain on the eyes leads to:
- Blurred vision
- Double vision
- Dryness of the eyes
- Redness of the eyes
- Irritation of the eyes
- Headaches and neck/back aches
This could be a progressive condition, where the symptoms get worse with time. Treatment is definitely an option once the problem sets in, but this is a condition which can be definitely prevented with some simple, effective steps.
- Desk arrangement: Make sure the desk or monitor is slightly below eye level, about 30 inches away from the face. If you are straining the neck or the back to look at the monitor, it requires a change. The chair also can be changed in height to suit the seating. Also, prints can be pinned to the workstation when something is being typed, so constantly looking up and down while typing is avoided.
- Screen type: Move away from the older tube-style monitor with an LCD screen, which is easier on the eye. Check the computer settings so that brightness, contrast, and font size and shape and contrast are altered to suit your convenience. Ensure you are not requiring to strain to read.
- Alter the lighting: Look around you, and ensure there is adequate lighting with no glares on the monitor from surrounding windows or bright lights. A glare filter on the monitor is an effective way to manage this.
- Rest your eyes: Follow the 20-20-20 rule, with a 20-second break every 20 minutes where you look at something 20 feet away.
- Keep them moist: Blink your eyes constantly to ensure there is enough moisture. Eye drops can be used if required additionally.
- Frequent breaks: Not just your eyes, this also reduces strain on the neck and the back.
- Regular eye checkups: An annual visit, especially after 40, is a must for optimal eye health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.