Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mysore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srinivasan P
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivasan PYour feedback matters!
My mother is a diabetic patient since 1 year. She goes for urination after each 30 minutes. What is the reason for this. Is there any treatment. Is this a serious problem ?She is taking tablet Geminor mp 1. Please suggest some remedy.
I am age 50 years male, I am frequently urinating for every half an hour, no sugar, bp, what is the reason, please guide me.
Hi am 22 years I got admitted once cx of urine infection cx I couldn't bare the pain in ma lower back. They told me was cx of unprotected sex but me and my fiance we normal don't use protection . Its that gonna be a problem again because of unprotected sex.
When I start pee in morning I have to stop and push few times. Also after erection the stream becomes thin and distorted. But I don't fell frequently urinating or going so many times in night. Remaining all times its normal. I get my urine test it was normal.
My wife missed her period by 6 days. We did the urine test but it comes negative. Though we were hoping positive results. We did the test at afternoon after having much fluid. Is there possibility that the result came was wrong bcoz of having fluid. What shud we do next. Her period was due on 20july.
Sir, I am suffering from with pressure of passing the urine. I already check the sugar test, it indicates normal, but I am suffering from this disease. Sugar test reports: Plasma glucose fasting: 79 mg/dl Plasma glucose post prandial: 103 mg/dl. Please suggest me the solution.
Hello doctor, in morning if I go for urinate am getting some bad smell in my urine. And even if I did not drink water also urine odour was like very bad and from past 1 month it was during bad. Do I have any problem .please clarify me doctor .Thank you in advance.
I am 65 yrs old having sr. Creatinine and sr. Cholesterol 1.2mg/dl and 210mg/dl respectively. Please advice me to bring down the levels.
Overactive bladder, also known as OAB, is a condition where sudden involuntary contractions of the urinary bladder's muscular walls cause bladder storage dysfunction. It leads to sudden and frequent urges to urinate (urinary urgency), as well as unintentional leakage or urine (urinary incontinence).
This is a condition that affects both men and women and causes tremendous discomfort in nearly every aspect of daily life. The specific causes of OAB vary from case to case but it is generally attributed to infection of the urinary tract or dysfunction of the nervous system. The symptoms are intensified by unhealthy lifestyle choices such as overindulging in caffeinated drinks, spicy foods, and alcohol.
There are several ways in which you can deal with the problem of OAB, depending on the nature of the case. It is necessary for you to consult a urologist for a detailed diagnosis to formulate the best treatment option.
Following are the most effective remedies to treat an overactive bladder:
1. Lifestyle Modifications - Also known as behavioral therapy, this is the first step in the treatment of OAB. It involves inculcating simple changes into everyday habits such as avoiding food and drinks that irritate the bladder, scheduling (and in some cases, practice delaying) bathroom visits, exercising the pelvic floor and bladder muscles, keeping a record of urinating habits in a 'bladder diary' for better understanding the problem, etc. You can incorporate these habits into everyday activities for an easy alleviation of the problem with absolutely no side effects.
2. Medication and Surgery - There are several different kinds of medicines and drugs that can treat the problem of OAB. The most common types are muscle relaxants that loosen the muscles of the urinary bladder to prevent involuntary contractions, and antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs that treat urinary tract infections. Many types of implants are surgically set into the pelvic area to act as electrical nerve stimulators for neuromodulation therapy. Reconstructive bladder surgery is another remedial option.
3. Devices and Products - Urinary urgency and incontinence can be managed through the external use of various devices and products which collect and hold urine or absorb leakages. These include indwelling catheters, condom catheters (for men), urine drainage bags, absorbent pads and adult diapers, and toilet substitutes such as bedpans and bedside urinals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
Kegel exercises can do wonders. They can actually make your pelvic floor muscles strong. This can control your bladder leakage.
To get started, find the right muscles. To identity your pelvic floor muscles, stop urination in midstream.
1) Find the muscles you use to stop urinating.
2) Squeeze these muscles for 3 seconds and then realise for 3 seconds.
3) Add one second each week until you are able to squeeze for 10 seconds each time.
4) Repeat this exercise for 10 to 15 times per session
5) Don't do kegel while you urinate.