Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mysore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Somanath VasudevaYour feedback matters!
I am 43 years old and have problem of epilepsy since long take valparin chrono 300 MG twice a day but since long I have problem of insomnia and take many medicine so suggest me medicine at present I take clonazepam 2 mg at night.
I am having tingling sensation and numbness in my hands n fingers since a day, it has been often since two months. Having hashimoto thyroiditis. I am taking 125micromg eltroxin tab. Recent tsh was 9.3. What is the reason behind this weakness and tingling sensation of hands and fingers that persists for long. Together with this I feel drowsy also, sum times. CBC, ESR, create, URINE TEST, ANA TEST all are Normal.
The human brain is the most complex and least understood part of the human anatomy. There may be a lot we don’t know, but here are a few interesting facts that we’ve got covered.
Nerve impulses to and from the brain travel as fast as 170 miles per hour. Ever wonder how you can react so fast to things around you or why that stubbed toe hurts right away? it’s due to the super-speedy movement of nerve impulses from your brain to the rest of your body and vice versa, bringing reactions at the speed of a high powered luxury sports car.
The brain operates on the same amount of power as 10-watt light bulb. The cartoon image of a light bulb over your head when a great thought occurs isn’t too far off the mark. Your brain generates as much energy as a small light bulb even when you’re sleeping.
The human brain cell can hold 5 times as much information as the encyclopedia britannica. Or any other encyclopedia for that matter. Scientists have yet to settle on a definitive amount, but the storage capacity of the brain in electronic terms is thought to be between 3 or even 1, 000 terabytes. The national archives of britain, containing over 900 years of history, only takes up 70 terabytes, making your brain’s memory power pretty darn impressive.
Your brain uses 20% of the oxygen that enters your bloodstream. The brain only makes up about 2% of our body mass, yet consumes more oxygen than any other organ in the body, making it extremely susceptible to damage related to oxygen deprivation. So breathe deep to keep your brain happy and swimming in oxygenated cells.
The brain is much more active at night than during the day. Logically, you would think that all the moving around, complicated calculations and tasks and general interaction we do on a daily basis during our working hours would take a lot more brain power than, say, lying in bed. Turns out, the opposite is true. When you turn off your brain turns on. Scientists don’t yet know why this is but you can thank the hard work of your brain while you sleep for all those pleasant dreams.
Scientists say the higher your i. q. The more you dream. While this may be true, don’t take it as a sign you’re mentally lacking if you can’t recall your dreams. Most of us don’t remember many of our dreams and the average length of most dreams is only 2-3 seconds–barely long enough to register.
Neurons continue to grow throughout human life. For years scientists and doctors thought that brain and neural tissue couldn’t grow or regenerate. While it doesn’t act in the same manner as tissues in many other parts of the body, neurons can and do grow throughout your life, adding a whole new dimension to the study of the brain and the illnesses that affect it.
Information travels at different speeds within different types of neurons. Not all neurons are the same. There are a few different types within the body and transmission along these different kinds can be as slow as 0.5 meters/sec or as fast as 120 meters/sec.
The brain itself cannot feel pain. While the brain might be the pain center when you cut your finger or burn yourself, the brain itself does not have pain receptors and cannot feel pain. That doesn’t mean your head can’t hurt. The brain is surrounded by loads of tissues, nerves and blood vessels that are plenty receptive to pain and can give you a pounding headache.
80% of the brain is water. Your brain isn’t the firm, gray mass you’ve seen on tv. Living brain tissue is a squishy, pink and jelly-like organ thanks to the loads of blood and high water content of the tissue. So the next time you’re feeling dehydrated get a drink to keep your brain hydrated.
I have migraine pain since two years. I have regular pain in my head. What can I do for this? Please advice.
I am 62 year, male, 5' 8'ht, 75 kg wt, had a brain tumour (parasagital meningioma) operated in 2004. I am leading perfectly healthy life with daily exercise, yoga n pranayam for 30-40 mnts. But my hands, fingers have started shivering. Kindly advise.
After a hard day the only relief one has is to get a good night’s rest and drift off to the world of sweet sleep. You might find yourself wide awake at night, even when your body is extremely tired. This difficulty to fall asleep naturally is called insomnia. If this inability to sleep continues for a long time, it becomes a sleep disorder and can cause many physical and health issues.
Reasons behind Insomnia
The lifestyle of the twenty first century can be very demanding. A disorder like Insomnia can be easily triggered with various factors they include:
1. Emotional stress: The rollercoaster of emotions that one deals with had a huge effect on their sleep cycle. A stressed mindset will find it hard to be put to rest and as this unwanted stress continues each day.
2. Fluctuating hormones in a woman’s body: Women tend to be the victims of insomnia more often than their male counterparts. These changes may include conditions such as PMS, menstruation problem, pregnancy and menopause.
3. Use of caffeine and anti depressants: Excessive coffee drinkers might find it difficult to relax their brain, since the caffeine in tea and coffee keeps one brain alert, hence too much of caffeine consumption can be a cause of insomnia. Even smokers might face the same problem since the nicotine acts as an alerting agent.
4. Systemic disorders: Disorders like Asthma and Hyperthyroidism and other various medical conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, asthma, arthritis, allergies, hyperthyroidism and Parkinson’s disease can do the same.
Treating insomnia with homeopathy
The reason why Insomnia can be treated the best way through homeopathy is because this treatment is both free from any side effects and is quick in its effects as well in comparison to other conventional methods which induce artificial sleep that can have harrowing effects. On the contrary, homeopathy is a completely natural treatment that doesn’t include any artificial drugs and its small doses work just the right way.
1. Coffea Cruda is a homeopathic medicine that is most often used for treating insomnia of acute origin or when the disorder only lasts for a brief moment of time. As the name suggests it is made from coffee beans.
2. Nux Vomica is more suited when insomnia is due to the abuse of stimulants like too much of alcohol, coffee or nicotine. Other medicines such as opium, aconite, arsenic are also recommended by a specialized homeopath.
It is always recommended to consult a specialized homeopath before taking any medication.
Sir, My mother is 51 years old she is suffering from vain weaknesses. Most of the time her neck shivers and body too. So kindly tell me if there is any cure of this problem.
I am 27 years female. And I have migraine. Please tell the proper solution for this as I am having medicines like headset or combiflam but they giving just temporarily relief.
Is there an increased risk of migraine for women who choose to take estrogen for menopausal symptoms?
My mother is a patient of high BP. She use to take medicines of bp daily. From past 8-9 months she is suffering from insomnia. After consulting a doctor she started taking a medicine for it. According to her, she can not sleep for an hour without that medicine. Is it ok to take a medicine daily for a sound sleep? Or will it make some adverse effect on her health in future?
I am a patient with freezing of gait at onset of walk, unable to stand steadily for few min since 02 years. I am on hcqs &methotrexate for 06 yrs. Neurologist advised syndopa 125 1/2 td +rasalact. 5 daily. No improvement even after 3 months. I may be advised what to do ?
I am suffering from migraine .its very painful from 6 months I consult the Dr. And they gv vasograin tablet but when I take medicine I feel better but after some time again start the pain. Pls suggest better Dr. Or medicine.
I am 27years old and I am now pregnant 4months old and also I have migraine headache since my childhood tried many like home, ayurvedic, etc. But none worked for me. Being a pregnant I feel so tired can any one suggest?
Ho doctors I am suffering from a headache from last 3 month I was having migraine before and after vomiting I get relief from my headache now I have headache from last 3 month I have maxillary sinusitus with mild deviated nasal septum towards left I feel sleepy whole day I do not like to do anything when I walk I feel dizziness so I wat to know that this headache is due to sinusitus or it may be due to migraine I heard that migraine pain only last for 7 to 8 hrs a day but I have headache for whole day I am doin sinusitus treatment for last 3 month but no use please help.
Migraine is a type of headache and is characterized by headache on one side of the head. In many cases of migraine, the pain is experienced all over the head and not just on one side. The pain is throbbing in nature. Migraine is mostly caused due to excess stress. Going out in the sun, improper sleep, exposure to loud noise and disruption in eating patterns are other common causes, which lead to migraine. Homeopathic medicines are widely used for treating migraine headaches and provide an effective remedy.
Here are some homeopathic medicines used for curing migraines of different types:
- Belladonna: This is the best homeopathic medicine for migraine which is accompanied by intense throbbing headache. A sense of fullness is also felt in the head, and the headache worsens when exposed to sunlight. Belladonna is also used for migraines developed due to exposure to cold air or catching a cold.
- Glonoinum: This form of homeopathic medicine is used for migraines where there is an excessive congestion in the head. The patient might feel that the head would burst, and it seems to be bigger. Heat is felt around the head, and the eyeballs get protruded. Glonoinum is also used to treat migraines, which occur because of long exposure to the sun.
- Spigelia: This medicine is very effective for curing migraines felt on the left side of the head or left-sided migraine. The headache is usually located over the left temporal area of the head, forehead and eyes. The patient may have the sensation of a tight band being tied around their head.
- Sanguinaria Canadensis: This is a perfect homeopathic medicine for treating right sided migraines where the pain and throbbing are felt on the right side of the head. The pain usually starts from the back of the head and settles over the right eye, affecting the entire right side of the head. The medicine is also prescribed in case of headaches, which occur during the morning and increase during the day. Migraines in women after menopause are also cured by this medicine.
- Iris Versicolor: This is an effective homeopathic medicine for treating migraine where intense nausea, vomiting and acidity are observed. The vomiting is acidic, sour and bitter in taste and a burning sensation in the alimentary canal is also felt.
- Nux Vomica: In case of migraines characterized by gastric problems, this medicine is used. It provides an effective cure for migraines, which occur due to indigestion, constipation and piles. When the migraine worsens after intake of spicy food or alcohol, this medicine provides quick treatment.
Homeopathic medicines are very efficient for curing migraine headaches and there are medicines for all types of migraines occurring due to different causes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.