Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mysore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Peripheral Nerve
Submit a review for Dr. Somanath VasudevaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering migraine from childhood, Dr. said that it will automatically end with age but at the age of 20yo it is not relieved.
My son aged 22 years had fits attack yesterday morning at about 0230 Hrs, In which his jaw got locked and I observed involuntary movement of hand for about a minute, white liquid was coming from his mouth, he was out of sense for about 4 hours, please advice, what is the reason for this and how to ensure that this does not happen in future.
A week before I fell down from an auto. After that I'm suffering from immense back pain. It is felt between lower back and bums. Once I've felt numbness around my lower body. The pain is worse. And my unable to do any work because of the immense pain. Please help me out.
Hello Dr. my baby boy is 2 and half month old jab wo sota hai to aksar uske hands or legs kanpte hai aisa kyu hota hai please tell the reason urgently.
My breasts are numb. Can not feel dem Im breast feeding my infant Who z 3.5 months old. What may b the reason,
Hello, I have a problem with shaking hands, especially when I'm with emotions or with people vibrate to much when not pay importance and I am alone, they doesn't shake, there is any cure?
My wife age 66 yrs having urine incontinence problem too much? her neurosurgery for brain tumor was done in 2007. She also having diabetes. taking treatment at Medicity Gurgaon but no improvement. Did catheretzatiom but she having pain in bladder What should do!
Epilepsy is a relatively common disorder. Most cases of epilepsy can be controlled with a combination of drug therapy and healthy lifestyle. In some cases, surgery may also be advised. Epilepsy affects not only the lifestyle of the patient but also that of their caregiver. Each person reacts to epilepsy in a different way and hence the type of care needed also varies from person to person. While some patients have few seizures and require care only when they're having a seizure others need round the clock care. Here are a few tips to keep in mind if a loved one suffers from epilepsy.
- Know what type of epilepsy he/she is dealing with: Not all epileptic seizures are the same. Find out what type of seizures your loved one suffers from and what are the possible triggers associated with Involve yourself in their lifestyle. Epilepsy should not be a reason for your loved one to lock themselves in a room to stay safe. Participate in activities with them of you feel the activity may be a safety risk if they were to have a seizure; for example - swimming.
- Notice seizure triggers: Often an epileptic patient may not remember the seizure after it has occurred. As their care giver, keep a seizure diary to track their seizures and its related triggers. Look for patterns in the triggers to their epilepsy attacks.
- Keep them safe during a seizure: When experiencing a seizure, the patient will lose consciousness, experience muscle convulsions and may grit his teeth. If the person is standing, hold them so that they do not fall. If they are lying down, try turning them onto their side. Do not put anything into their mouth.
- Take care of them after a seizure: After the seizure, people are most likely to be confused, tired and have a headache. Check for injuries and keep them calm till medical help arrives. Loosen clothing around their neck and ensure that there is nothing inhibiting their breathing.
- Medical identification: While someone who suffers from seizures often is likely to always have someone with them, others who have rare seizures may often venture out alone. In such cases, ensure that they always have medical identification on them. Also make sure that their friends, colleagues etc are aware of their medical condition.
- Help them maintain a healthy lifestyle: Staying active is essential for people with epilepsy. Avoid contact sports and pick low impact exercises like walking, running or swimming. Following a buddy system is essential when an epileptic person works out. If you wish to discuss on any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist and ask a free question.
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
Many times normally during studies and drinking hot liquids (water, milk, tea, coffee) I feels internal bleeding in nasopharynx as smell of blood and simultaneously irony taste of blood also comes in oropharynx. I am facing this problem from 4 years. Asked many doctors even in Aiims but no help I got. What can I do? I also have migraine form 3 years.
I'm 33 years old, married and working. I have migraine headache now from almost 15 years now, have tried all medicines and everything, nothing seems to be helping? I take voltfast painkiller when the pain is unbearable.
My brother aged 63 years has been diagnosed with initial stages of Parkinson. Please advise if this can be cured completely and what best medicines are to be taken. He is not diabetic, B.P. is normal . He is in Bangalore.
During night ,the hands are cramping becoming numbness why this is happening for my Aunt is there any solution for this condition.
Sometimes it is the simplest things that can really amp up your marriage, sleeping naked is one of those simple things you can do to improve your marriage.
First off sleeping naked is quite freeing both physically and psychologically. Baring yourself while you sleep with your spouse builds trust both physically (oxytocin is thanked for this) and psychologically.
The act of sleeping naked is simply sexy and appealing to your partner.
That skin to skin feeling also makes you feel sexy. Skin on skin contact releases the hormone oxytocin which increases the feelings of comfort.
This may put you in the mood for sex.
Oxytocin has other benefits as well like making you feel more aroused, increasing feelings of trust, lowers heart rate, reduces blood pressure and simply makes you more ready for sexual interaction.
Of course healthy spouses are happy spouses. Sleeping naked has been scientifically proven to improve health.
Being close to your spouse and cuddling while you sleep is actually beneficial your health.
Your skin can absorb more nutrients.
Your metabolism will also improve because your body will have to work while you sleep to maintain that healthy body temperature of 98.6.
For both men and women sleeping naked allows their genitals to “air out”. Your genitals are covered up all day, everyday which makes it an ideal environment for the overgrowth of yeast and bacteria which can lead to infection and discomfort.
More sound sleep equals less overall stress.
Feeling less stressed means less arguing and nit picking in marriages.
You may not believe it, but having a lower body temperature while you sleep actually helps you to rest better.
This is also an ideal environment for the anti-aging hormones to do their job.
Sleeping naked is also fun. What better way to end the day than to be skin to skin with your spouse.
It is an intimate way to sleep and will make you feel closer to your spouse.
The skin to skin contact is a great way to get that intimate alone time that you cannot get anywhere else.
There have been nights when we go to bed exhausted and yet we are naked. Through out the night we are touching a feeling each other.
As a new day arrives and the house is quiet we find the perfect time to enjoy one another sexual and start our day off on the right track.
Free yourself from wearing clothes at night! Sleeping naked is a empowering situation for both of you!