Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Shivananda

BDS, MDS - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

Dentist, Mysore

16 Years Experience
Dr. Shivananda BDS, MDS - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Dentist, Mysore
16 Years Experience
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I believe in health care that is based on a personal commitment to meet patient needs with compassion and care....more
I believe in health care that is based on a personal commitment to meet patient needs with compassion and care.
More about Dr. Shivananda
Dr. Shivananda is a trusted Dentist in Rama Krishna Nagara, Mysore. He has had many happy patients in his 16 years of journey as a Dentist. He is a qualified BDS, MDS - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery . You can consult Dr. Shivananda at Kirti Shree Dental Clinic in Rama Krishna Nagara, Mysore. Book an appointment online with Dr. Shivananda and consult privately on has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on You can find Dentists online in Mysore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MDS - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery - MGR University - 2006
Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Kirti Shree Dental Clinic

No-1008, I-Block, Rama Krishna Nagar, Mysore Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Shivananda

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Hi I had acute pharyngitis few days back and I've been taking medicines and my mouth had tiny ulcers, now tiny ulcers is reduced however there was a big ulcer which had appeared near my wisdom teeth and now it has become worse and I'm unable to chew anything as I'm not able to close my mouth. Pls help me with any medicine.

Certification in Full Mouth Rehabilitation, Post-Graduate Certificate in Oral Implantology (PGCOI), M.Sc - Master of Oral Implantology (MOI), Certified Implantologist, BDS
Dentist, Rajkot
For temporary relief you can take Ibuprofen or Combiflam . Depending upon the ulcer and the p[ositioning of the wisdom tooth , the future treatment has to be planned. so go for proper consultation and plan accordingly
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My teeth has gradually becoming yellowish and now it is a little stop but my teeth are still yellow. What should I have to do?

BDS, MDS - Orthodontics
Dentist, Dehradun
Get scaling and polishing done. If you are still not satisfied you can also get bleaching/whitening of teeth done.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 23 years old. And suffering from teeth sensitive how I get rid off. Fastly. And also whit the teeth. please give me a help full tips.

Dental Clinic
Dentist, Gurgaon
Sensitivity in teeth can be due to receding gum level which exposes root surface of the teeth. For sensitivity you can use desensitising toothpaste and a mouthwash at night. If it is not cured even then you can go for professional cleaning which restores gum level almost to normal even after only one sitting. It is also the remedy for yellowness of teeth.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 30 years old and my tongue coloured change in to blackish whats the problem doc what should I do.

General Physician, Faridabad
take tab multi vitamines, tab neurobion forte 1tab daily for a month. tell me you are consuming tambacoo. welcome for further help.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Alternatives for Improving Smile

BDS, Certification In Oral Implantology
Dentist, Ghaziabad
Alternatives for Improving Smile

A beautiful smile plays a very vital role in enhancing the overall beauty of face. Rotated, stained and maL-placed tooth can cause major aesthetic/cosmetic and psychological problems in teenage and young adults. Mid-line teeth gap, rotated teeth, crowded teeth, stained teeth, broken tooth edges and wearing tooth edges are the most common cosmetic problems that our patients report to us. Dynamic advancements in the field of dentistry has come across with the solution of majority of cosmetic problems.

Here we discuss the various options available for improving smile:

1. Veneers: They are thin pieces of porcelain or plastic glued to the front of your teeth. For teeth that are severely discoloured, chipped or misshapen and gaps between the teeth, veneers create a durable and pleasing smile. A veneer is made to match the colour and shape of your tooth. Not everyone is a candidate for professional teeth whitening. Bleaching is not recommended if you have tooth colored fillings, crowns, caps or bonding in your front teeth. There are two types of veneers:

a. Porcelain (indirect) veneers, which must first be created to fit your teeth in a dental laboratory and require two visits to the dentist. Porcelain veneers are generally stronger, while composite veneers are less expensive. With porcelain veneers, the dentist takes an impression of the tooth and sends it to the dental lab for fabrication of the veneer, usually after the front of the tooth has been reduced.

b. Composite (direct) veneers, which are bonded to your tooth enamel in a single visit. With either method, the tooth is prepared for bonding by roughening the front surface with mild etching solution. The veneer can then be bonded to your tooth using a dental bonding cement.

2. Bonding: It uses composite resin to restore chipped or broken teeth, fill in gaps and reshape or recolor your smile. After applying a very mild etching solution that slightly roughens the surface of your teeth and permits the bonding material to adhere, your dentist applies the resin and sculpts, colours and shapes it to provide a pleasing result. A high-intensity light hardens the material, which is then finely polished. Bonding agents are used in treatment of midline gap closures, fractured tooth restoration, wearing teeth edges.

3. Whitening: Some people are born with teeth that are more yellow than others. Others have teeth that yellow with age. Your natural tooth colour can also be affected by many factors. Surface stains (called extrinsic stains by dentists) and discolouration can be caused by:
a. Tobacco (whether smoked or chewed)
b. Drinking tea, coffee, or red wine
c. Eating highly pigmented foods such as cherries and blueberries
d. Accumulation of tartar deposits, which result from plaque that has hardened
e. Treatment with the antibiotic tetracycline during the time when teeth are forming
f. Yellowing or greying of the teeth as part of the aging process
g. Trauma to the teeth that may result in the death of the tooth's nerve, giving the tooth a brown, grey or black colour.

Whitening/Bleaching is a simple procedure where whitening agents are applied over the tooth surface in order to chemically change the colour of tooth. It can either be a single visit clinical procedure or multiple application home procedure under the guidance of your dentist.

Will my newly whitened teeth stain?
Any tooth can stain, including the veneers and bonds mentioned above. To help prevent stains from coming back, avoid smoking, coffee, tea, red wine and heavily coloured foods. And brush your teeth twice a day with a whitening toothpaste. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.

3056 people found this helpful

Due to the initial growth of wisdom tooth, my right jaw is paining, not able to eat or open my mouth. I could feel little swelling on the upper roots. Can you please suggest

MDS - Periodontics, BDS
Dentist, Ahmedabad
U need an xray to be done....simple iopa will u need to go to the dentist for that...and if your wisdome tooth is not coming straight than u will need to get it extracted...temporary u can take mox-cv 625 mg twice daily for 3 days and a painkiller like dan-p will do
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I had a filling done in the second pre-molar of the left upper jaw 4 years ago. Just after a year I started to have a sudden severe pain in the tooth. I visited dentist and found theres a cavity in the same tooth. Dentist told me to go for crowning rather than filling again. I ignored that time. Now the filling is gone. And I suffer from gigintivitis nd bad breath due to that tooth. I want to end this up. Should I go for crowning or should I uproot it. What if it caused problem even after crowning. By the way my age is 23. And I smoke regularly.

DGOI, Aesthetic , M.Sc - Master of Oral Implantology (MOI), MDS - Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics, BDS
Dentist, Bangalore
Hello lybrate-user, sorry to hear that uve been suffering for few years already well the filling which was done is now come off. Your dentist was right in saying there's a decay underneath. This happens in few cases. But what's disturbing is the pain which you had. Just by your words it suggests that could the nerve of the tooth got affected. Visit your dentist asap. He might suggest you for a xray and maybe a root treatment of the tooth if he thinks it's needed and if the decay is deep enough. And further putting a crown only if the destruction has progressed severe. I hope I clarified your question good luck and god bless
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What is the normal blood glucose level? Upto which level we can undergone dental extraction?

General Physician, Chennai
The nortmal fasting blood sugar is 80 - 120 mg if it is higer it is called diabetes if you are under tretment and sugar levels are near normal then you can extract your tooth.
4 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What is the reason behind thirst at night after drinking alcohol. When I consume alcohol I need water at night.Please tell sir.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Delhi
Because alcohol consume oxygen and glucose from your veins and blood. That is why you are getting thristy. Take care.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have cavities and paria problem in my teeth and also have bleeding problem. Please give me best treatment solution.?

Dentist, Vadodara
For pyorrhea, go for scaling and polishing of teeth. Maintain with proper oral hygiene habits. Use mouthwash after brushing twice daily. Gargle forcefully with water after you eat or drink anything. For cavity, get your teeth x-rayed. Depending on the extent of decay, get it filled with or without root canal treatment.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I need to know about how to get natural white teeth without use any medical product. And I also want to know about how to clean fingers toning.

MDS Prosthodontics
Dentist, Delhi
Teeth do not come white in colour, its in shade of yellow, some have slight yellow while others have more yellowish. If you are not happy with the natural tooth colour then go for bleaching, applying natural products dosent works as effective as bleaching.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello sir I have feel fever and allergic in my teeth and runny nose and feel weakness from last 1 day. What can I do.

Homeopath, Delhi
Hello,you can take homoeopathic medicines 1.Ars Alb 30 (4 drops in little water) thrice a day for 2 days. 2.Ferrum Phos 6X (3 tabs) thrice a day for 2 days and revert. Keep a gap of 15-20 minutes in both the medicines.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have problem in mouth. When I eat, my tooth got pain hardly. And blood flow at morning when I brush.

Dentist, Kolar
Gums bleeding is due to infection in gums. Get scalling done by dentist. Use proper brushing techniques. Brush, floss n use mouthwash twice daily. Massage your gums with your finger tips after brushing. Keep your tongue clean. Rinse your mouth well after each meal. Visit your dentist for dental checkups every 6 months to detect n prevent dental probs. Severe pain on chewing food can b due to decay, deep fracture lines, loose teeth n deep gum pockets. A dentist'll evaluate your teeth n let you knw the cause of your pain n provide you with treatment options accordingly. Take care.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sometimes Blood comes out from my brother'S teeth suddenly. please suggest me what to do?

Dentist, Thane
Nothing happens suddenlly, the brushing technique is incorrect, explain what type of brush using and the technique.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My gums pull away from the teeth and form spaces (called “pockets”) that become infect. In upper two teeth. What can I do. If my upper two teeth become loose.

Dentist, Gurgaon
You maybe suffering from gum infection or pyorrhea. Maintain good oral hygiene. Brush regularly, twice daily, use chlorhexidine mouthwash. Please consult a periodontist or nearby dentist for treatment of your gums.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from ulcers on my mouth from last 2.8 years taken many medicine but no result?

BDS, PG Diploma In PG Advance Course Of Oral Implantology On New Generation Implants, PGDHHM
Dentist, Gurgaon
Hello there can be many reasons for ulcers. But most common reasons for stress, vitamin b12 folic acid deficiency, or stomach upset. Firstly we have found out reason causing ulcer. Which type of ulcers are you suffering from painful or non painful, size and no of ulcers, frequency of recurrence, and systemic disease like diabetes or cardiac disease. Which types of medications you have taken before or taking all these type information is necessary to know exact nature of disease. Is it from months or years
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi. I have many dental problems. 1) my 2 lower molars are missing due to cavity. I lost them 3 years back. 2) my front teetch is arched outside, so I want to add clip. Smiling is not a good idea for me. 3) my upper pre-molar is decayed, it is paining everyday, pain killers doesnt even reduce the pain. So, now I need either to fill it with amalgam or remove it as well. I need your suggestion. Thank you.

Certification in Full Mouth Rehabilitation, Post-Graduate Certificate in Oral Implantology (PGCOI), M.Sc - Master of Oral Implantology (MOI), Certified Implantologist, BDS
Dentist, Rajkot
Replace molar go for implant in molar region or bridge if you plan for braces then replace according to advise of your surgeon for premolar go for rct.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am having a pain in my teeth, and I did a medical checkup and the doctor told me my teeth are decayed.

Dentist, Mumbai
Decayed teeth require to be treated by doinf either fillings or rct depending on the depth of the cavity. Go to a dentist ,get the xray done of the tooth to decide the treatment.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My teeth is browness colour don't have smoking and alcohol habit and have sensitive problem. How to keep teeth white and come out from sensitive problem. Pls suggest. Thanks.

BDS, MDS - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Advanced course in maxillofacial sugery
Dentist, Lucknow
Get scaling polishing done by a dentist than brush twice daily especially at night use sensodent k tooth paste.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, I am having dental problem. Having severe pain in my teeth. What medicine should I take?

Certification in Full Mouth Rehabilitation, Post-Graduate Certificate in Oral Implantology (PGCOI), M.Sc - Master of Oral Implantology (MOI), Certified Implantologist, BDS
Dentist, Rajkot
you can use any analgesic like tab- combiflam, altin-p ect. twice a day... but teeth pain mostlly occurs due to decayed teeth.. soi batter go and get it check by dentist..
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed