Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Mysore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Rashes
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Open Pores
Treatment of Fungal Infection
Treatment of Psoriasis
Treatment of Skin Infections
Treatment of Blackheads
Treatment of Moles
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa Sharath KumarYour feedback matters!
Dr. My problem is, oil on face is too much duw to this. It looks dul, blackish,not freshed what to do. To get brighter skin n healthy.
I'm a 26 years old Indian guy and have neck and face very darker than my rest of the body, maybe due to tan or because I did not take care of it and don't use any facewash, moisturiser etc and handled the teenage pimples in a rough way so I developed patchy marks kind of uneven tone. Face was oily but it turned kind of dry due to my flaky dandruff issue. What Treatment/Creams can be done to make my skin tone even and similar to my other body?
Hai doctor! Past few weeks I get weird feeling on my right hand, it's like current passing through and very little of numbness. It from my shoulder to my thumb. On my thumb above the nail it's constantly numm and feel like no sense. What should I do? Should I consult doctor? If yes which specialises I should. Thanks and regards Yuva.
My skin is oily, and in summer I'm having lots of pimple, even when its gone, they left lots of dark spot. Please help.
Vitiligo or Leucoderma is a genetic disorder triggered due to mental stress and constipation. Leucoderma or vitiligo is called Shivita kushta according to Ayurveda and is caused due to defect in brajak pitta. Brajak pitta is a color forming agent in body and defect in formation of brajak pitta causes vitiligo. There are many causes, which can trigger vitiligo other than stress and genetics.
There are certain food combinations , such as taking milk and sour fruits together can trigger vitiligo. Also, using excessive salty food and meat products with milk can trigger disease. Deficiency of copper and vitamin B12 can trigger this disease. So treatment of vitiligo is done taking in account many factors.
Toxins produced in body are neutralized using herbal medicines, which helps in stopping the spread of disease. External herbal application containing Wrightia Tinctoria help in repigmentation on white skin. According to modern science steroids are used in pulse therapy where steroids are used 2 times a week.
This also prevents the disease from spreading. In some severe cases integration of allopathic and Ayurveda is key to success.
There are few important points, which vitiligo patients should always take in account, such as:
- When disease is spreading sitting in sun for prolonged period can trigger the spread.
- Using Brinjal and raw tomatoes and excess of vitamin C is not good.
- Irregular lifestyle is a trigger the disease along with consumption of alcohol.
My 2nd 6th month baby's skin becoming dark. I am using seamed soap. And before marriage ll massage with coconut oil. So what to do keep skin soft and supple.
Ringworm is a skin condition that is caused by certain kinds of fungi. It causes severe itching and is mainly found around the scalp and feet. This contagious skin condition can also occur as athlete's foot. The symptoms include red, itchy and scaly patches on the affected areas. These patches may also develop blisters and develop crusted red edges, giving it the appearance of a ring. These patches are usually raised or defined. There are many myths and facts surrounding ringworm. Let us find out more about them.
- Causes: It is a common myth that this skin condition is caused by a worm. This is not true. This fungal skin infection is caused by fungi known as dermatophytes, which can cause a crusty and red patch on the skin. Ringworm is actually the name given to a class of skin ailments and infections caused on the scalp, feet and other parts of the body.
- Treatment: Another common myth is that this skin infection will clear up on its own. This is not true either. One will have to start treatment of the condition with the help of proper diagnosis, which can be done by a skin specialist or dermatologist. Not treating this condition on time with topical ointments can lead to a spread of the condition where it can affect other parts of the body. This condition can also lead to other symptoms like hair loss. It can also become a permanent issue if not treated on time and with proper medical intervention.
- Over the Counter Medication: Many people think that using over the counter antifungal creams can help in treating this condition effectively. This is part myth and part fact. One will have to visit the doctor in case the condition does not clear up on time with the use of such topical ointments. The creams should typically be prescribed by a skin specialist after due diagnosis of the problem so that it suits your individual symptoms and condition. Further, these creams should usually be prescribed for a period of at least four to six weeks so that the treatment is effective.
- Contagious: It is a myth that ringworm is not a contagious skin disease. The fact is that this skin ailment is a highly contagious one, that can happen even when there is contact with an infected animal. There are 50% chances of contracting this condition with mere touch that can happen with an infected animal or person.
- Barber's Itch: This is not a form of lice, as many people believe. This is a form of ringworm that can be found in the beard with symptoms like itching as well as swelling.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
Hi, I'm male I want my face to shine and look glowing and strong clear skin no pimples or dark circles or any lines and all I wanna look very fair and good looking please help me out what to do to look fair and have glowing clear skin immediately solutions like soon my face skin looks very fair, glowing, clear beautiful skin please help me out soon in immediate results.
I am experiencing serious hairfall since last year. I've noticed an increase in hair thinning and I am quite worried. I did consult a trichologist but all her efforts are in vain. Could you please tell how can I stop my hair thinning and then falling. Also is there a way to recover lost hair? Please help.
I am pimple problem on my face as well as some rashes near to my eye. Also I am facing illness always be in sleeping mood.
I use no scars cream in night then my face become total red so how much time it takes to become normal? And what should I do?
I have red rashes on tip and for skin of my pennis which is paining also. At present I am using Quadricchoice cream which has clotrimazole, neomycin sulphate and beclometasone. I have used it for 3 time but do not have any improvement. Kindly suggest.
Are you unhappy with the results of shaving, waxing or tweezing for removing the unwanted hair from your body? You should opt for laser hair removal for this purpose, which is considered to be much more effective than the regular methods. Laser hair removal is a very common cosmetic procedure which is undertaken popularly. It involves the exposure of your body hair follicles to beams of highly concentrated laser light. The pigments present in your follicles absorb this light, which results in the destruction of the hair.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal-
Lasers are quite effective in removing unwanted hair from areas such as the legs, face, arms, underarms and other different body parts. The various benefits of laser hair removal include the following:
Precision: Lasers can target dark, coarse hairs selectively without causing any damage to the surrounding skin.
Speed: Every pulse of laser takes less than a fraction of a second, during which many hairs are treated together. The laser is capable of treating an area which is the size of a quarter within a second. Areas such as the upper lips take less than one minute to be treated, while large areas may require an hour.
Predictability: The results of laser hair removal are highly predictable and most people get to have permanent hair loss after undertaking three to seven treatment sessions.
Your hair, which will get treated is usually trimmed to a few millimeters above your skin surface. The laser device is adjusted according to your hair colour, thickness and location.
You will be made to wear proper eye protection, depending on the type of laser being used. The outer layers of your skin are also protected using a cold gel or a cooling device. This helps the laser to penetrate your skin. After this, a full pulse light is exposed to the area concerned. After completion of the process, you will be given ice packs, cold water and anti-inflammatory creams for easing any discomfort you feel.
For a few days after a laser hair removal session, your treated skin area may look and feel like a sunburn. You need to apply moisturisers for healing. You can wear make-up if the treatment has been undertaken on your skin. The treated hair falls out within the next one month. You should wear sunscreen for preventing colour changes on your treated skin area. In people with a dark complexion, blisters are sometimes likely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.