Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mysore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. SantoshYour feedback matters!
Please suggest syrup for sore throat giving antibiotic to my son who is seven years old doctor suggested maxtra but not working much.
1. Relieve sinusitis: when the air is too dry, sinuses don't drain and function properly. According to many ent experts, adding humidity to the air is generally good for sinus health especially if you're regularly suffering from congestion and sinusitis.
2. Heal faster: whether it be a cold, asthma, or allergies, a humidifier keeps your nasal passages lubricated, which helps speed up the healing process when you're under the weather. For people with bad allergies, there are humidifiers that are specially designed to purify the air as well.
3. No more nosebleeds: another reason keeping your nasal passages moist and lubricated is essential is to prevent nosebleeds. If you're regularly experiencing nosebleeds due to your dry climate, it's worth a try. Many people have found that it makes a huge difference.
4. Alleviate snoring: the moisture from a humidifier keeps the throat from drying out and relieves the intensity of that annoying snoring sound. If you or your partner is a snorer, the added bonus is that (at least) one of you will be sleeping more soundly.
5. Support beautiful skin: soothe dry skin by sleeping with a humidifier on through the night. In the morning, you'll notice not only that your face looks more supple but also that your hands and lips don't feel dry and dehydrated.
Before you go out and purchase one, learn about the differences between warm and cool-mist humidifiers.
Hello doctor my self imran and I am 27 year old. I have sneezing problem once started it will take 5 to 10 continuously and my nose keep ruining and by which watery type plegem stays in my chest please advise me homeopathy medicine which cures forever.
I am suffering from throat pain from last 7 months I have tonsilitis in my mouth I use to smoke before want to cure this pain so please give me suggestion regarding this problem.
I am facing problem in my left ear. I am getting low sound than other ear and also my ear is full of puss every morning when I wake up. Please resolve it.
I am 60 year old male having cough, cold and sore throat all through the year for the past several years. Please tell me what should I do. I also have acute pain in my knees and most of the joints. Please advise treatment.
I am suffering from acute sinus since many year I am continuously taking montec LC but no relief it get worse during winter. Please suggest medication.
I am having a problem of burning effect in my throat. What should I do? Also I feel allergic to cold food items.
I am having a deviated nose Where is the best place to have rhinoplasty done Does it need rhinoplasty or not.
My son aged about 5 years has been suffering from sore throat for 2 days. He could not swallow anything if he eat something, feel pain in the throat. Please sir advice me what should I take care of him and name medicine for fast relief.
My Right nose is always blocked. It's due to septum deviation. I somewhere read that right nose is connected with our left brain. Is it true? Could my blockage results in less active left Cerebral? I have not much problem in breathing for that although. Please suggest me.
Sinusitis is an inflammatory condition which causes swelling of the tissue lining the sinus passages. The healthy sinisuses are filled with air, but when there is a blockage, they get filled with fluids which can give rise to germs and cause an infection. Conditions such as the common cold, allergic rhinitis (swelling of the lining of the nose) and a deviated septum (shift of the nasal cavity) can cause sinusitis. People with nasal polyps and blocked drainage ducts are more prone to getting sinusitis as compared to other people. The main treatment for sinusitis is surgery.
Surgery is the most effective treatment for this condition as it makes the sinuses drain by getting rid of the blockage and draining out the mucus. Surgery also removes infected, swollen and damaged tissues in the sinus along with polyps present in the nose or the sinus. If any foreign substances are obstructing the nasal passage, they are removed as well. Surgery, sometimes, is the only way of getting rid of a nose which is badly blocked. In severe conditions, people might also require a second surgery. Surgery, when coupled with medication, is more effective in treating this condition as antibiotics might be required to prevent the sinus from getting re-infected.
There are two types of sinusitis surgeries people can avail:
- Endoscopic surgery: This surgery removes small bones and other foreign substances blocking the sinus passage or is used for removing polyps. A thin tool called the endoscope is inserted into the nose with the help of which, the doctor gets rid of substances which are blocking the sinus passage.
- Sinus surgery: This is carried out in conditions when there are developments like pus and infections in the facial bones or in case of a brain abscess (inflammation caused due to infection within the tissues of the brain). In this kind of surgery, the doctor uses the opening in the mouth or makes another one through the skin of the face to remove the blockage from the sinus and get rid of sinusitis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.