Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mysore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Peripheral Nerve
Submit a review for Dr. SanaYour feedback matters!
My mother had stroke due to brain hamreg 3 months back she is diabetic and suffering from low bp often, due to this we are unable to treat her paralysis condition please suggest some tips to maintain her bp.
I am a parkinson patience. How to cure. Suffering from past 2.5.my right leg and right hand are slow moving .even can not write properly. Leg is dragging. Now I am taking tablets-mirator and parkin.
World Alzheimer’s Day is celebrated on the 21st of September each year. A number of organizations, from all over the world concentrate on raising the awareness about Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Alzheimer’s disease is a very common type of dementia. It falls under the group of disorders in which mental functioning gets impaired. Life for an Alzheimer’s patients is quite difficult, but by following the following tips, you can support yourself and will also help you to cope with it.
- You have to accept the changes and accept that life will continue getting difficult. Instead of trying to cover your difficulties for protection from embarrassment, you should face the fact. You also have to accept the changes in your physical abilities and adapt to skills, which are beneficial.
- You should develop some ideal coping strategies. Try to be occupied and involved and respond to the challenges you face in everyday life. By practicing the coping skills you will be able to gain a sense of control in your life.
- Try to identify stuff. Make a list of all the tasks which seem challenging to you and try to develop coping strategies for these tasks. Prioritize your tasks and determine whether it is really necessary to overcome certain tasks. You should also strategize solutions and come up with solutions which would suit you best.
- You should set realistic goals and expectations for yourself and use the coping skills to deal with difficult tasks. In case of very challenging tasks, do not hesitate to take help.
- A daily routine or plan is required for keeping a track of several tasks. A schedule reduces the amount of time you spend to figure out something, simplifying your task and also prevents mistakes.
- Always approach one task at a time and take enough time to complete tasks. Do not give up on challenging tasks and take breaks to figure things out.
- Always remember that you have more than a single chance to solve problems. If one chance fails, you should adopt new strategies and try again and again with better assessment.
- You should identify the triggers which cause anxiety and stress. Knowing the causes will allow you to plan in advance so that you can prevent them.
- Keep in mind that your family, friends, pets, will power and prayers are sources of great strength and will help you get past any obstacle.
- You should accept help from others and do not hesitate or think about being dependent on others.
You should take the advice from your psychiatrist or from Alzheimer Association National Early-Stage Advisors in order to understand the challenges such as medications, management of schedules and dealing with emotional or relationship changes.
Hi I am rana from Kolkata I have insomnia problem please help me I used to take ayurvedic medication thanks.
I want nerve treatment my nerves very weak, nas k bich m fool gayi hai bahut jagah par naso mai or nas bahut dhili ho gayi something like snake shape my nerves very weak.
I am 20 years old, some times I have leg nerve should be straight and painful, how to control this. Ex: exercise time, cool climate, playing time.
I am 33 years, I am getting migraine from last 7 years .I am using homeopathy medicine not continuously and it is not curing. So how to cure my migraine.
I'm Suffering From Insomnia! cause I Think Too Much About stone! who May Not Think But Me! I Tried My Level Best To Leave the Things Behind! but They Were No use! Sometimes Things Get Very Hard For Me At night! So What I have To Do?
Hi I am a pateint of hypocalemic periodical paralysis due to imbalance of lactolydes etc. Is their any remedy in medicine except having potclore orally or thru iv 2. Also I notice that I hv many nodules in my body one or two r visible whether they r due to my above desease or can be cured anyway please advise
Sleep apnea is a potentially dangerous sleep disorder in which you stop and start breathing frequently while you are sleeping. Symptoms of sleep apnea often include loud snoring and fatigue even if you sleep uninterrupted through the night. Obesity and age are the common risk factors of sleep apnea.
The most common type of sleep apnea is obstructive sleep apnea, in which the throat muscles contract and relax while you are asleep. The other type of sleep apnea, called central sleep apnea, usually occurs in people who have been diagnosed with brain tumors, infections or heart failure, or have had a stroke.
Treatment of sleep apnea includes:
- CPAP: The Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) device is generally recommended in the treatment of sleep apnea. CPAP is a breathing machine that stops your airways from getting blocked when you are sleeping. The CPAP device is normally the size of a tissue box. It comes with a mask that you put over your mouth and nose. The machine attached to the mask pumps a continuous flow of air that keeps your airways clear as you sleep.
- BPAP: The Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure (BPAP) device is used as an alternative to the CPAP device, if you find it hard to adjust to the CPAP. If you have a weak pattern of breathing, the BPAP can be helpful.
- ASV: The Adaptive Servo-ventilation (ASV) device is used to treat both central and obstructive sleep apnea.
- Treatment for other medical conditions: Sometimes sleep apnea can be caused by underlying health conditions. Problems such as rhinitis (nasal passage inflammation) and hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid gland) can cause sleep apnea. In such cases, your doctor needs to diagnose these conditions first before treating your sleep apnea.
- Lifestyle changes: Excessive weight sometimes can cause sleep apnea; so losing excessive weight should be a priority. Also, alcohol and tobacco can contribute to your symptoms, so try avoiding those.
- Medication: Usually, doctors do not prescribe any medicine, since sedatives and sleeping pills actually worsen sleep apnea. But, in case of sleep apnea in children, doctors typically suggest intra nasal corticosteroid medicine to treat the symptoms.
- Surgery: Surgeries to increase the size of your airway or to remove your adenoids, tonsils or extra tissues in the rear of your throat or your nose can prove helpful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I have been diagnosed with peripheral neuritis. I do not have diabetes. My hands and feet numb and I tend to fall often what should I do
Sometimes when I'm sleeping, if I want to wake up, I feel like I don't have control over my body and I can't move even my hands and legs like I'm paralyzed. This is happening frequently. Why does this happen. Is this common for anyone or do I have to take any treatment for this problem (pls tell the reason why does this happen)
Hello sir Last some years my moms feet having cracks And its very painful We trying lots of medicine and Dr. BT its not complete cure after dome times its showing She has Parkinson's also So giving me details about condition.
I am suffering from insomnia. I am not able to sleep till 4 am what can I do. I feel very tired and want to sleep but this is not happening from few weeks.
Hi doctor this is bharath. Problem: I am suffering with depression. When the unwanted situation happen I am going to easily. In that time I can, t take any decision. And shivering many of times in a day. And I have a low confidence level on me. So please help how can I handle the situations in that moment.
I am suffering from epileptic problem. What can I do. I have taken patanjali medicine and English medicine also for 2 years.
I am 32 year old male and suffering from migraine headache for last couple of years. What is Migraine headache? and what causes it?
Myth: Brain damage is always permanent.
Fact: The brain can repair or compensate for certain losses, and even generate new cells.
People once believed that we were born with a finite number of brain cells, and that was it for life; if you damaged any of them you could never get them back. Similarly, many scientists believed that the brain was unalterable; once it was" broken" it could not be fixed.
Now, of course, we know that the brain remains plastic throughout life, and can rewire itself in response to learning. It can also generate new brain cells under the right circumstances.