Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mysore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ramya Ks And Dr. Mahesh H.v.Your feedback matters!
I have a cavity in my upper teeth. I consulted a doctor he has filled with cement and closed with the cap but still I am getting pain sometimes n getting lite blood sometimes. Now what I have to do?
I Teeth cleaned by dentist 4 to 5 day ago but no improvement from bad breath. Now I feel that loose my front teeth so after cleaning teeth its happen that teeth loose from teeth bone.
Hello sir, I am 20 years old. My gums are bleeding from some days but there is no pain. They are degrading. On searching it seems to be gingivitis. It is in first stage. Sir what are the remedies for this. Please describe both clinical as well as home remedies.
There is a problem in my mouth, one sharp molar tooth that scratching my cheek and that makes problem on my mouth. If that persist there is any problem in future? and what do I do now to overcome it?
I have delivered twin girl babies last month. One of my twin baby (birth weight 1.8 kgs and now 2.4 kgs) brings out saliva/ milk through her nose even after burping or 2 hrs after feeding or in mid of her sleep. Her body becomes stiff And eyes becomes watery when this happens. Is this normal?
Sir my son is 9 years old. His one teeth broken before 3 months and new one is not growing still and another one is broken before two weeks thats also not growing. Before 10 days I consulted this matter with a dentist she says these will grow may be takes time. And message the gum by ghee. Please advise me. Regards.
An obvious gap between the teeth may be caused due to a condition known as Diastema. This usually manifests as space between two teeth. This condition is caused due to a mismatch between the size of the bones in the jaw and the size of the teeth. This in turn, gives rise to extra space between the two teeth and may also lead to overcrowding of teeth in the mouth. The space usually occurs when the teeth are too small and the jaw is larger. Also, an oversized tissue known as the labial frenum can cause a gap between two teeth. Let us look at the ways in which this condition can be prevented and treated.
1. Prevention: Not pushing your tongue between the teeth during the teeth growing stage can ensure that this condition does not occur. Children tend to rub their tongue along the jawline when the teeth are growing, whether it is the milk teeth or the permanent ones. This can cause a gap. Also, maintaining good oral health and hygiene can help in preventing this condition. One must brush at least twice a day and floss regularly too, in order to ensure that the gap between the two teeth does not widen.
2. Orthodontic Treatment: Braces are one of the most common ways of fixing this problem. The orthodontic surgeon will usually install these braces, which will remain in the mouth of the patient for a year or more, depending on the severity of the condition. On a monthly basis, the braces will need to be tightened so that the jaw can facilitate the movement of the teeth to close the gap.
3. Tooth Extraction: In many cases, when the braces are installed, the doctor may also have to remove or extract teeth on the sides to make space for the teeth and their movement. This is usually done when there is a related ailment like overcrowding of the teeth.
4. Crowns and other Dental Installations: Crowns, veneers as well as bonding can help in cases where the lateral incisors may be smaller than what is normal. Also, dental implants or a bridge or even a partial denture may be required in cases where extensive dentistry will be called for.
5. Frenectomy: This surgery can help in closing the gap formed by a large labial frenum.
6. Gum Health: In case there is an infection or any other problem in the gums due to implants or braces, the gum health will have to treated and restored first and then the implants or braces can be reinstalled.
One should also wear retainers for a while after the gap has closed so that it does not appear again.