Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mysore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Prashanth. SYour feedback matters!
I am 68 years and live in Chandigarh. I am on Thyronorm , medicine for High Blood pressure and all in control,Chlosteraol medicine and in control. I also take Fludec 20 as antidepressant for 20 years now. Every thing is in control. There is weight gain inspite of controlled TSH. Off late I am having pain in the nipples on the chest. On both the nipples there is piercing pain shich goes deep when pressed. I got the chest XRay done and it is OK My ECG is OK. These 2 tests don 2 days back. Kindly advice. I will be happy to hear from you. Thanks.
My brother in law have desk job and went through heart attack in 2014. He is 28. Our family is having hereditary problem of high cholesterol. What precautions should we take? MY husband also having high triglyceride both are taking treatment fron cardiologist and following it.
I am 27 year man and I am having chest pain whenever I sneeze, is it because iam a smoker, but I do not smoke too much I only smoke 2 to 4 cigrates a day, please answer back.
I am a hypertension and hyperglycemia patient for last 12 years. Taking telmisartan amlodipine twice a day and for sugar glimepiride 2 mg metformin 500 mg twice a day. Sometimes it happens that I take glipizide 5 mg metformin 500 mg when others finished. Now I want to kmow whether it will have any adverse effect.
From the last ten days while brisk walking suddenly every thing gets blurred and elevated heart beat after taking a small break of 10-15 second I regain my conscience and walk home slowly. What tests and precautions you suggest and to which doctor to contact. I am june'68 born male with 5.6 height and 80 kg weight.
My brother age 49 yrs. He has problem of blood pressure. His pressure always 180/90. Tell me which drug for pressure he take to down pressure in normal conditions. All blood report are normal.
I have acidity problem in my daily life give me some advise to get rid from this problem. I had lots of problem from acidity. I feel burning section on my chest. It's very serious problem help me out form this?
I'm having intermittent problem with Heart palpitations with a stress on my forehead causing frequent Faintness and Weakness and sometimes head spinning as well. Can you please advise what might be causing this?
Here are some tips to help you look after your heart.
1. Quit smoking now. Twelve months after quitting, your increased risk of dying from heart disease will be half that of a continuing smoker.
2. Improve your diet. Include wholegrain cereals, legumes, fruits, vegetables, seeds and nuts in your diet and lower your risk of heart disease.
3. Exercise regularly. Walk briskly for 30 minutes a day and reduce your risk of heart attack by one third.
4. Maintain your friendships. People with supportive friendship networks are at less risk of heart disease.
5. Eat more fish. Oily fish like tuna, sardines or salmon are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and will boost your good cholesterol.
6. Switch your chocolate choice. Switch from milk chocolate to dark chocolate. When eaten in moderation, dark chocolate is good for your heart.
7. Limit your alcohol. It is recommended you limit yourself to no more than two standard glasses of alcohol a day if you are a man, or one glass a day if you are a woman.
8. Avoid salty and high sodium foods. Don't add salt when preparing or eating your meals.
9. Have a diabetes test. Uncontrolled diabetes can damage your artery walls and contribute to heart disease.
10. Make fitness fun. Choose activities that combine exercise and socialising like pilates, water aerobics, dancing, cycling or yoga.
Last month suddenly he felt ghabrahat (anxiety) and we went to doc. Doc told me that bp is high about 160. They took an ECG test. It was fine. After one week he again felt like this. So we went to the doc they did kidney test liver test lipid test urine and blood test. All tests was normal. So why he is feeling this problem? They told it occurred may be from gastritis. His cholesterol level was on borderline 199 total cholesterol. VLDL = 29 and LDL was = 124 Trigly= 147 LDL/HDL= 2.79 Is this fine report? What will you suggest should we go for an echo or any heart test? He doesn't feel any pain in chest.
I am diabetic and want to know the medicine which really reduces cholesterol level and helps in maintaining good erection.
I'm 27 years old and suffering from HBP (High blood pressure) last 6 month back What should be I do?
Mushroom is a type of fungi that hails from the Agaricus family. It is estimated that there are close to 1,40,000 types of mushroom, out of which science has been able to classify only 100 odd mushrooms for health benefits. From cutting down cholesterols to preventing cancers, increasing the strength of the immune system to helping in weight loss, there are numerous health benefits of mushroom. This article will explore why mushrooms are regarded so highly by health practitioners across the globe:
- Cholesterol levels: Mushroom does not possess any fat or cholesterol. They are rich in lean protein, fiber, and some very important enzyme. The lean protein found in mushroom helps to burn down the LDL cholesterol. Furthermore, it creates a good balance of LDL and HDL cholesterol so that the body can refrain from stroke, atherosclerosis etc.
- Preventing cancer: Mushrooms are mighty effective in blocking certain cancer types such as the breast and prostate cancer. Owing to their high linoleic acid and beta-glucans, they act as a very good anti-carcinogen. While linoleic acid can successfully suppress the excess estrogen which leads to breast cancer in women, the beta glucans can suppress the growth of cancer cells in the case of a prostate cancer.
- Diabetes: Mushroom is an ideal food for a diabetic patient. They do not possess cholesterol, consists of low fat, have high protein and a lot of minerals and vitamins. Apart from this, mushrooms possess a lot of fiber and water. The most critical component, however, is the natural insulin that mushroom has within itself. They help to break down the starch found in food items. Mushrooms have certain components that help in the proper functioning of the liver, endocrine gland etc. It ensures that the proper balance of insulin is maintained in the body.
- Bone health: Mushroom is a very good source of calcium. They ensure that adequate strength of various bones is maintained in the body. Regular intake of mushroom can ensure safeguard an individual from conditions such as osteoporosis, joint pain, and immobility.
- Blood Pressure: Mushroom variety such as the maitake and the shitake has a high amount of potassium content. The latter can successfully relax the blood vessels thereby, reducing the blood pressure. Increased potassium content also helps in knowledge retention and an improved memory. High blood pressure, on the other hand, can cause severe damage such as strokes, heart attacks etc.
- Selenium content: Selenium component is mushroom is one of the key ways to receive selenium for a vegetarian. Selenium helps in strengthening the bone, nail, tooth and hair. Selenium is also considered to be a very powerful antioxidant that can successfully get rid of free radicals in the body and strengthen the immune system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.