Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mysore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K.S.SowbhagyalakshmiYour feedback matters!
Hello doc. My aunt, 51 years, have irritable bowel syndrome. And her sugar level fasting is 107mg/dl. Her weight is 63. She is loosing weight rapidly. Pls suggest diet. Expecting a honest reply.
Infertility in women refers to a condition when a woman fails to conceive in a year, even after having regular sexual intercourse without any contraception. Infertility is caused by a number of reasons or factors. Some of the reasons are listed below:
- Structural barriers or abnormalities of the reproductive organs of the female
- Hormonal imbalance
- Presence of cyst or fibroid in the reproductive organs like ovary and uterus
- Blocked fallopian tube
- Inflammatory diseases in the pelvic region.
Infertility is often caused due to lifestyle pattern of the female individual. The chances of turning infertile increases due to smoking, consumption of alcohol, emotional stress, obesity, etc.
Homeopathic Treatment for Infertile Women:
Homeopathic treatment for infertility of women is safe for the patient as the medicines are non-toxic and naturally extracted. These medicines can be used for a longer period of time. A homeopath practitioner will take a lot of things into account while treating the patient- like her mental and physical constitution. He or she will try to investigate the underlying causes that are leading to the infertility.
Here are some common medicines, used for the treatment of infertile women:
- Medicines for Patients having Acidic Vagina: In some females, the vaginal fluids are extremely acidic in nature. Thus, the sperm fails to stay alive under such conditions and travel further up the reproductive tract for fertilisation with ovum. Therefore, the woman fails to conceive. In such cases, borax and Natrum Phos are prescribed for the patient. While Borax is given to females with vaginal discharge similar to the white portion of an egg, Natrum Phos is for women with creamy and honey-coloured discharge.
- Medicine to Cure Prolonged Periods or Menorrhagia: When a female suffers from prolonged periods, she might turn infertile. Besides, the patient may also suffer from Leucorrhea, anaemia and fatigue. To cure infertility in such cases, two medicines are used- Calcerea Carb and Aletris Farinosa. Women with extremely longer periods are given Calcerea Carb. Women with early menses can take Aletris Farinosa.
- Medicines for Women Experiencing Shorter Periods: Infertility is also caused when the monthly period cycle of the patient is irregular. She may be facing extremely shorter and scanty periods. Under such circumstances, Pulsatilla and Sepia are prescribed for the patient. Sepia is for women who feel a bearing down sensation in the uterus. Pulsatilla is given to women who are facing scanty periods ever since their menarche.
- Medicine for Women with Reduced Sexual Drive: Some women complain of having decreased sexual desire or arousal. Agnus Castus and Sepia are given to such women. Sepia is for female patients who have excessively dry vagina and face pain during intercourse. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
What are the problems when unable to conceive what is line of treatment can i conceive at this age i am 48 yrs i am taking folic axid and fertomid onsecond of the period for 5 days since 4 months any other treatment you can suggest ?
In a study led by Dr Lisa Moran, from the University of Adelaide’s Robinson Research Institute and Monash University’s Monash Centre for Health Research Implementation, researchers looked at the relationship between vitamin D and PCOS.
Low vitamin D commonly found in overweight women
They found PCOS alone is not associated with vitamin D deficiency but that low vitamin D is commonly found in overweight women.
Dr Moran says the study was the first time researchers looked at the interactions between vitamin D, inflammation and mood disorders in women with PCOS.
Dr Moran said the common endocrine condition affects up to 21 per cent of reproductive-aged women and it can be associated with a wide range of reproductive, metabolic and psychological side effects.
“Depression, anxiety and inflammation are common side effects experienced by women with PCOS, and vitamin D deficiency has been associated with both mood disorders and inflammation in the general population. So we wanted to investigate the relationship between vitamin D deficiency and PCOS,” she said.
Not directly linked to vitamin D deficiency
Dr Moran said they found PCOS is not directly linked to vitamin D deficiency.
“We found for the first time that there is an association between vitamin D levels with both depression and inflammation in overweight women, regardless of whether they have PCOS or not,” said Dr Moran.
“We also found that vitamin D deficiency was common in women generally and there were no differences in vitamin D levels between women with and without PCOS,” she said.
Dr Moran said these findings support further research into treating depression with vitamin D supplements, particularly in women with PCOS.
“Further research is needed into the link between vitamin D, inflammation and depression in order to develop the best prevention and treatment measures, but this is an important finding,” she said.
The findings of this research were published in the journal Gynecological Endocrinology.
Mai apni biwi ke saath bina thook lagaye ya bina tel lagaye sex karta hu, to use bahut dard hota hai, mai kya karu?
I have frequent urination and back pain when my urine is filled a little it cause pain in lower pelvic but no infection in culture test and cause itching inside the vagina and clitoris I have infection before one year and it is totally cured.
My mother has a lump in her left chest since one year ,could you suggest what kind of test should be done to know weather it is normal or any other problem. And recently she has undergone a gynaecological surgery for uterus removal just one week before.
Hi, I am 22 yrs old, recently I had sex with my fiance on the 3rd and 4th day of periods using condom. Will I get pregnant? please help me . Thank you!
On june 12 I will enter into 10th month of pregnancy. On my last scanning report delivery date is 15 June. Placenta position is Anterior wall in upper uterine segment. Grading is 2-3. Other findings is Lower Femoral epiphysis have appeared. Est. Wt is 3239 +/- 485 gms . What does it mean is their chances for normal delivery or not.
Hi doctor My wife got pregnancy. She is one and half months pregnant. She is suffering with migraine. What medicine is given to her to control migraine. Can I give crocin advance?
My LMP is Jan-27, 2016 and my periods has been skipped. I checked with the home urine test and also HCG test. Both came to be positive. Hence consulted with the gynic. She had taken a scen and told me the growth seems to be only 35 days but as per the LMP it is 45 days. After 10 days she had asked to take another scan to check with the baby growth. And I had irregular periods for the last 3 months. My question is, should I have to take the scan for the baby growth? Also will there be any difference in the growth due to irregular periods. In this case should we have to consider the LMP or the scanned growth size? Please help and advice.
I had sex with my boyfriend on 28th January and the condom didn't do its job at all. I usually menstruate in the first week of the month and I haven't. I should have taken the emergency pill but I thought it wouldn't be a problem. Doctor , can you please suggest a pill or something that would get me out of this ?
I was detected with pcod 2 years back .I felt that my weight is gaining so I started gaining and dieting ,the progress is reduced slightly .is I have to do gyming and dieting throughout the life .my weight is now 49 kg and height is 147 cm is my weight is ohkk or I have to decrease and upto what kgs I have to decrease. Plzz tell me and I am a mbbs student so I don't get enough time so is discontinuing gym lead to weight gain.
My wife had a miscarriage on 24th June, she had heavy bleeding and cramps for first two days and then it was normal bleeding with mild cramps after 10 days we got ultrasound (external) it was normal, but the bleeding haven't stopped yet, today (12th July) she got an internal ultrasound and the gyno said that a part is still remaining inside and she needs to go through D&C.Is there any alternative to the D&C She sometimes has cramps and then some clots pass through. She has no signs of infection.
Actually we had some sex but not directly now I got period yesterday but it was not like previously coming period now bleeding comes just light liquid in a day is dis indicates am I pregnant.
This is my 3rd month in pregnancy. During pregnancy still bleeding comes out when ever I do work hard. Please givE me a suggestion. Even I am suffer with pain in kidney areA.
Hi, I got married 14 month ago from before marriage itself my period always irregular it still continue after marriage also I don't have much interest in sex I don't know why. When I test follicle doctor says my follicle growth is small so I took medicine under doctor prescription whenever I take medicine my periods are regular. Kindly advice me.
She is pregnant 9 weeks ago, now she is suffering dry cough from 4days. What medicine she take? Is it harm to new born baby?
Microwave cooking is done through a process called radiation. Through light radiation, heat is produced, which helps in cooking the food at a specific temperature. For every food item; there is an absolute temperature which helps to prepare that food evenly. Since the cooking is done through radiation, the cooking time is reduced by 1/3rd of the regular cooking time. Microwave cooking process is both time-saving and energy efficient.
But the question is is it really healthy to cook your food in a microwave? Although the microwave is used widely across the globe, owing to the time saving and hassle-free features, it is the most preferred gadget for the kitchen. However, many people have doubts that this fast cooking zaps the food of all the nutrients.
The food cooked through radiation is often considered unhealthy as any kind of radiation is harmful to our body. Below are some points mentioned, which will help you make a wiser choice:
- The dielectric energy produced by the emission of microwave creates molecular friction for heating up the food items which also disrupts the healthy structure of food, hence destroying the healthy nutrients of the food.
- During the heating process of food through microwave, B12 vitamins found in raw meat and milk are destroyed or lessen by 40% as compared to conventional heating.
- There is plenty of packed food which comes with microwave-safe plastic packaging, but little do we realize that all the toxins in the plastic are transferred into the food. A plastic wrap contains elements like BPA, polyethylene terephthalate (PET), benzene, toluene, and xylene which can prove to be extremely harmful to the body.
- The non-ionizing radiation of the microwave increases the number of white blood cells along with cholesterol levels, resulting in changes in blood cells and heart rate.
- A microwave produces 2.4GHz radiation, which instantly affects the heart rate and heart rate variability. If you are experiencing an irregular heartbeat or eating microwave cooked food on a regular basis, the time has now come for you to stop this habit today.
Technology has undoubtedly made our lives easier; they are economical, energy efficient and time-saving. But excessive use of technology can harm us in ways that can't be imagined. Eating microwave cooked food can be dangerous as the heating is done through the radiation process which is not suitable for the human body. Also, the nutrients present in the food items are destroyed during heating, you can just feel full when you eat the microwave cooked food, nut without any nutrients. Hence, the time has come for you to stop eating the microwaved meal or at least lessen the intake of microwaved food to live a healthy life and maintain a proper diet.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
" nishamlaki" - tablets are only the first choice of treatment for type 2 diabetes which commonly available as the classical ayurvedic medicine in any ayurvedic medical shop in india. So I advise any of my madhumeha (diabetic) patients in my 40 years of clinical experience as well as teaching ayurveda to my students.