Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mysore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K.S. Bopaiah
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K.S. BopaiahYour feedback matters!
We were highly impressed with Dr.Bopaiah, When we consulted him recently for my aged father-in-law.A very dedicated human being...Wish him the best!!
Hi! I have cervical spondylosis earlier I use to have numb sensation in my left arm and left hand lilltel finger and ring finger, now this has aghrivated to my right hand and right leg. Am I am worried now. Pls suggest what needs to be done. Regards Nsb.
Dementia cannot be singularly regarded as a specific disease, but rather indicates a group of symptoms associated with your memory, cognitive thinking, and social abilities, up to the point where daily functioning gets affected. In most cases, dementia steadily worsens over time (progressive dementias). Dementia is not to be confused with memory loss alone; because it is natural with old people to experience memory loss, but that does not necessarily mean they have dementia. If the reason is dementia, then you may require medical treatment.
Dementias are generally caused either by damage to or changes in the nerve cells operating in the brain. The causes can be grouped differently based on the type of dementia experienced and the part of the brain affected. While some causes can be reversed with effective treatment, others, unfortunately, cannot.
The most common causes of dementia which cannot be reversed include:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Vascular dementia
- Parkinson's disease
- Frontotemporal dementia
- Dementia with Lewy (dementia which is neurodegenerative and progressive in nature) bodies
- Severe head injuries
Other irreversible causes which are relatively rarer than usual include:
- Huntington's disease (breakage of the brain's nerve cells)
- Creutzfeldt-jakob disease (irreversible and fatal brain disease)
- Multiple sclerosis or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Infections like syphilis
- Leukoencephalopathies (diseases affecting the brain's'white' areas)
- Brain injuries
- Multiple system atrophy
Causes of dementia which can be treated include:
- Heavy metal poisoning
- Certain brain tumors
- Chronic alcoholism
- Vitamin b12 deficiency
- Medicinal side effects or abnormal drug reactions
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus
- Certain cases of encephalitis
Symptoms of dementia include:
- Memory loss
- Difficulty finding the right words
- Difficulty exercising judgments, especially during emergencies
- Inability to recall particular events or to recognize people and places
- Depression or other mood disorders, in addition to symptoms like uncontrolled aggression or constant agitation.
My mum has meningioma at left side of the brain, is this carcinogenic? And does it need a surgery to get cured?
Hello. I want to know about migraine problem which is usually happened with, what I the instant solution or precautions for it please suggest me.
Insomnia is a mental condition, which is characterized by a difficulty in falling asleep, even when you have the chance to do so. The causes of insomnia include stress, emotional or physical discomfort; environmental factors like noise, light or extreme temperature that interferes with sleep; and depression or anxiety.
The visible symptoms of insomnia are inability to fall asleep no matter what, irritability, depression, lack of concentration and enthusiasm, and distressed stomach and intestine. Complications associated with insomnia can cause psychiatric problems, obesity, increased risk of long-term diseases or conditions like high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes.
Insomnia can be classified in the following ways -
- Secondary insomnia: It stands for sleep problems that may be caused by health conditions, medications, pain or any other causes.
- Acute insomnia: It is also known as short-term insomnia and usually lasts for a night or a few weeks.
- Primary insomnia: It refers to sleep problems which aren't directly related with any health condition.
- Chronic insomnia: Insomnia is described as long-term or chronic if you suffer from it for about 3 nights a week for 1 month or longer.
Homeopathy is a boon towards treating insomnia.
- Efficiency: The efficiency of homeopathic medicines in curing the several problems associated with insomnia is unquestionable. Plus, targets at providing long-term cure for insomnia instead of just temporary relief. The approach that homeopathy adopts includes getting at the root cause of the problem, and weeding it out so that there's never a relapse of your condition.
- Safety: Homeopathic medication are far safer therefore, it is preferable and highly recommended. It serves invaluably during insomnia and does not involve any side effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.