Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Ayurvedas online in Mysore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jyothi M
Submit a review for Dr. Jyothi MYour feedback matters!
Hi, I drink alcohol occasionally, once a month. Whenever I drink the next morning I get pain in my legs, usually below knees. And it remains almost for the whole day. Is this normal? What should I do for this.
Hi I am 21 years old I am etching problem and rashes on my neck I used some anti elargic tab but they still not gone.
When I am dieting or taking low calorie food thn ok my face fat is in control and it's not looking so big but when only 3-4 day I take good diet chapati rice thn again my face look so big and looks fatty only 3-4 days effect that much my body why?
When I work hard like playing cricket and gym like that. Then my heart beat is heavy and heavy sweats.
Hello sir mera sharir bahut dubla patla hai aur bahut kamjori bhi hai so sir please mujhe koi dawa suggest karein jis se mujhe acchi health mile please.
My chest is having a lump like structure around nipple. It is not paining but still persists from last 4 months. Is it high or not?
I have a low hair density, and thin hair. How can make it dense and thick hair? Or anyhow make it better?
Concentrated pain in the neck can be especially tormenting. Before you look for a cure for this pain and start treating it, it is important that you try and find out the underlying cause behind it as well. Contacting a physiotherapist in time will allow you not only to avoid any and every side effect posed by neck pain, but also assist you to get good riddance from it.
Causes of Neck Pain:
There can be multiple causes of neck pain. The treatment of the same depends wholly on the factor that is causing the pain. Some of these causes of neck pain include
- Misaligned hips,
- Misaligned Spine,
- Misaligned shoulders,
- A constantly forward-tilted head,
- Lack of movement of the head from one specific position,
- Tensing up of the muscles in the upper back,
- Tensing up of the muscles in the neck region, etc.
- It is all these factors and a few more that end up resulting in stiffening of muscles in and around the neck and causing you intermediate to unbearable pain.
Exercises for neck pain:
Neck exercises are a predominant part of the treatment extended by every physiotherapist, to cure neck pain. Some of the most vital and effective exercises for neck pain are listed below.
- Frog: Funny as it way sounds, the frog is one of the best exercises when it comes to treating neck pain. All you have to do is lie down on the floor with your knees apart, your feet joined, your hands laid upward on the floor at a 45-degree angle to your body and just stay there in that position for two minutes. This will force your back to arch naturally, slowly giving some relief to your neck.
- Sitting floor: Try sitting floor for neck pain. All you have to do is sit straight with your back rested on a wall, with your legs laid straight forward. Bring together your shoulder blades and bend to help them meet your knees while curling the toes outward to optimal. Stay in this position for a good 3 minutes, without bending the legs.
- Static wall: Lie down on the floor with your bottom against a wall and your legs up it. You can always scoot back a bit if there is the slightest of discomfort. The aim here is to help the tail bone lie comfortably on the floor. Tighten your thigh muscles but curling your toes outward and pointing your feet straight out from its previous position. Maintain this position for 3 minutes for maximum effect.
- Static back: The static back is the most common and most helpful exercise for neck pain. All you got to do is lie down on the floor, while placing your legs on an elevated surface, such as an ottoman or a chair at a 45-degree angle to your body. Now put your arms at an angle of 45 degrees to your body as well, only sideways on your shoulder. Follow this position by lifting your palms and staying in that position for five to ten minutes.
All these exercises are aimed to positively influence one muscle or the other in and around the neck region and to help you get rid of that pain.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!