Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Mysore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GuruprasadYour feedback matters!
How to get rid of sugar. How to control it. Wat are the precautions we have to take to decrease sugar level.
I hav hypothyroidism. M taking eltroxin 100 mcg 1 tab daily. Now my thyroid is controlled. Now can I tak 50 mcg 1 tab daily?
I am taking thyroid medicine 50 mg from 8 months. I would like to reduce it. I walk for at least half an hour daily. Usually I walk for one and a half hour in a day. Please suggest some remedy.
I am 38 years recently attacked blood sugar which diet I will taken? what type of food taken? what type of food not taken kindly tell me?
I am suffering from diabetes. And my health is very poor and I want to buildup my muscles can I build up my body even I am suffering from diabetes.
My husband nd my. Mother in law both hav diabetics. There is a possibility to convert it in my daughters.
How does thyroid interval in weight loss just came to know she has thyroid tsh level high thyroxine tablet started 50 mg your advise also weight loss for her.
She is having diabetic symptoms how to reduce that .what food she has to avoid and what diet she has to doo to get off diabetic symptoms.
My brother was suffering with thyroid problem since one year. His age is 36 years now. My question is that he can do the swimming or not.
I am madesh diabetic -2 since 3 years I take morning & evening one tablet & insulinbut not weight also very less 40 kg age is 30 & body improvement please give the best solution.
Im 25 yrs old. Im a juvenile diabetic patient. My hb level is always showing 6 mgs%. What should I do for increase my hb level. Pls help me.
Sir My weight is 100 kgs. I have thyroid problem also is there any effect for my pregnancy. Please clear my doubt.
Women tend to develop high levels of blood sugar during their pregnancy (especially within the 24th and 28th weeks), irrespective of whether they already had suffered from diabetes prior to their pregnancy. However, gestational diabetes, if not taken proper care of, might escalate the risks of developing diabetes in the near future for both the mother and the child, accompanied by complications in pregnancy or labor. Gestational diabetes is usually characterized by mild symptoms such as excessive urge to urinate, excessive thirst, blurred vision and fatigue.
Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, allows for the utilization of the glucose for energy. The food consumed is broken down by the digestive tract of the body, converting carbohydrates into glucose before releasing it into the bloodstream. The glucose is then absorbed by the cells to be used as an energy source. Now, at the time of pregnancy, the placenta (organ nourishing the fetus) connecting the baby to the blood supply also produces various other hormones in high levels, for instance, estrogen and human placental lactogen. Most of these hinder the normal functioning of insulin in the cells, hence raising the blood sugar count. With subsequent growth of the baby, the placenta keeps on producing more amounts of such insulin resistant hormones to an extent that they are capable of meddling with the development of the baby.
1. Monitoring the blood sugar count at least four to five times a day and keeping it under control might help to ease the complication.
2. A healthy diet consisting of whole grains, vegetables and fruits in the right proportion and limiting sugar or other highly refined carbs meets the nutrition and fiber requirement of the body. Guard against additional weight gain during pregnancy as that hampers the entire process.
3. Exercise or regular physical activities help to normalize blood sugar level by boosting glucose absorption in the cells. Furthermore, exercises also enhance the sensitivity of the cells towards insulin. This means that only a little amount of insulin production by your body would be enough for the transportation of sugar.
4. Medication, If exercise and diet fall inadequate, insulin injections are often administered to control blood sugar count.
5. Keeping the baby under close observation with the help of repeated ultrasound and other tests to record its growth and development is an essential part of the treatment plan. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.