Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mysore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepak T S
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak T SYour feedback matters!
I have had tooth sensitivity for almost an year now. It happens only when I consume cold stuff. For eg. When I have my milk and cereal in school (which I sip from a cup) I feel this sharp stinging sensation in my teeth which Is so bad that I can't talk and usually berry my head in my arms till the time it stops. To be honest, my dental hygiene hasn't been at its best this year but I'm trying my best to work on it. I would love to have my milk the way I did before. Thanks a lot for helping! *I had a root canal a few years ago, if that helps.
I am 23 year old female I had a problem of bleed gums and decaying of tooth and gum that to four front lower tooth .please suggest me how to cure this?
Hello, I hope anybody will help me by answering my question. My lower jaw is forward than my upper jaw. Actually what is the solution? Now I am 22 years old. And my lower jaw is not too far from upper jaw. But the difference can be seen by looking side of my face. Thanks.
It hurts right side when I swallow saliva. Do not know it hurts in throat or chest. What is this please tell? Is it a serious problem?
Hi, Doctor I have sensitive tooth issue. I have been using sensodine toothpaste for a year but still I can not bite ice cream from my front teeth. I want to get rid this tooth sensitivity. What's the treatment for it.
Does in closing the gap between the teeth does gums are cut down how does it feel to done this and what is the cost.
I have only 7 teeth, I plan to go for artificial tooth, which way I can go with less pain and less stress.
White patches on teeth are formed due to many reasons. There are many factors contributing to this. The appearance of the white patches is just like tiny white patches or spots randomly here and there on the teeth. They look odd and may give an impression of poor health and hygiene.
The causes of white patches on the teeth
White patches are formed on the teeth for the following common reasons:
- If the teeth are ill formed during development and more calcium is released than required during the development stages, then the excess calcium gets deposited on the teeth as the white patches. You may see them as spots which many be light in color or flashy white.
- Fluorosis is another common factor, which causes the white patches. This occurs in childhood. During the developing years, if the child's teeth get an excess supply of fluorides, then the white patches develop on the teeth.
- Mineral depletion is another cause for the white patches. This happens mostly for loss of calcium. If calcium is scarce, then the small white spots are developed on teeth, and the problem is referred to as hypocalcification.
- If you had been wearing braces for years, and didn't take care of teeth around the braces, then also white spots may develop when you take off the braces.
The various ways of treating the white spots
While the damage is done due to hypocalcification in developmental stages or due to excess fluorides in the developing years can't be reversed, but the appearance can definitely be taken care of. The management is done as follows:
- Tooth bleaching is an option. The bleach brings uniformity in the teeth color and therefore, conceals the discoloration.
- Air abrasion is another process where tiny crystal particles are blown towards the patches of calcium deposits, and this depletes the calcium. The removal of excess calcium brings a balance in teeth color.
- If there are dentures or gaps formed in the teeth after removal of calcium deposits, then a filling will be done to add to the portion to bring natural color balance and smoothness.
- Tooth capping and porcelain veneer can be added or crowned on tooth so that complete concealing is done of the white spots; this is done when in no other way the visible spots can be managed.
Prevention is better than cure and therefore, practicing dental hygiene and oral care is the best way to prevent the problem. Also a periodic dental checkup has to be done in every six months.