Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mysore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Peripheral Nerve
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
It is the most common problem seen in society today. A migraine is a common neurological condition characterised by a headache, but some people have associated symptoms of eye and ear.
Classic symptoms of a migraine:
- Severe throbbing headache on one side of head
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sensitivity to light and noise.
- Prefer quite a dark room to sleep
- Sensitivity to motion
- Muffled hearing
- Ear fullness
- Ringing in the ear or tinnitus
Causes of a migraine:
Migraine headaches probably relate to both abnormal discharges in cells within the brain and to the construction of the walls of the blood vessels in and around the brain. But the exact cause of a migraine is not known. Following are the provocating factors which make the condition worse
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)
- Stress altered sleep patterns
- Diet fast food, oily food, processed food
- Chocolates, cheeses
- Coffee sodas with caffeine
Factors related to a migraine
- More common in women than men
- Symptoms are often worse during menstruation
- Family history
- Avoid food, which triggers migraines e.g. Chocolate, alcohol, cheese, oily, spicy, junk and processed food
- Relaxation exercise
- Stress management
- During menstrual period decrease the salt intake and take some diuretic
- Ibruphen for pain after meal
- Other treatment with the advice of neuro physician e.g.
- Beta blockers agents
- Calcium channel blockers
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Seratonergic agents
- Gabapantin or neurontin
- Acetazolamides or diamox
- Sodium valporate or depakots
- Oxycarbazapine or trieptal
I Had acute embolic infarct left side stroke. Narrow escape because of immediate hospitalisation. Please advise for future life.
Hi Doctor, I am 30 years old. During my age of 8 I got high brain fever and fits. After that fever I had symptoms like eye rotation. Then I had consult with neuro specialist and had medicine for 5 yrs. But now before 5 years I had the same issue and I have consult with neuro specialist. Now I like to change to homeopathy treatment to get permanent relieve.
On 4th April 2015 I got an Epilepsy attack in morning around 5 A.M. My wife told me that whole body got folded and after Epilepsy I was feeling vomiting issues. After 5 days I realized that some sound is coming from my mind or Ear I do not know but it is coming continuously. Till then I have contacted many Neuro /ENT .Some one says its Tinnitus and I have started medicine. Epilepsy : Encorate Chrono 500 MG two times (Regularly). For Tinnitus : Bilovas and rejunex cd. Some of my friends have told that you are not taking correct medicine for Epilepsy so you are hearing this sound as an side effect. I am not sure because all 3 Neuro doctors have prescribed me same medicine for Epilepsy. Kindly suggest me that if this can be the case or not. I am really confused and getting depressed / anxiety issues now.
My wife frequently suffering with migraine headache before marriage she using specticules now not using because that reason or else any problem kindly suggest me how can she overcome the problem ?
Dear Dr. I have continuous snoring and insomnia during my sleep and I feel more sedative when I wake up in the morning. Can you please guide me how to recover from this.
My wife is suffering with parkinson disease since 8 years and she conducted the deep brain stimulation surgery in 2 months back still she is suffering with right knee legaments damage and unable to walk - can you please suggest me for this solution - murthy.
Hi doc, my friend has swere migran problem he had consult with many docs even in abroad also taken ayurvedic medicines, how can he get relief from this.
Sir I am suffering from Seizures, sir can you tell me about this and suffering from last 5yrs, please sir.
I get intermittant numbness sensation at a particular place on my left ear and at a particular place on left side of my head above my left ear.
Hi team. Good afternoon. Am sanjana. Suffering from severe migraine since my childhood. I have consulted many doctors. But those medicines are not helpful. Would you suggest me to have operation regarding this. Am totally confused.
When I was small I use to faint on one ocassion of the other. At the age of 19, I developed some unpleasantness in my body. I was told that it is not stomch problem rather schizophrenia. I took medicine and did a lot of exercise I became normal. Subsequently, at the age 31 the same problem replapsed. This lasted for two years & medicine and exercise were of no help. Subsequently, I improved through some homepathic medicine. At the age of 50, the same problem began and I fainted on several ocassions. After thinking it to be again a' psychiatric problem, I was told that it is' seizure. I took medicine for 4 years but all through I was not the same self. When the doctor reduced medicine the seizure once again recurred. At age of 56 years I am both on psychiatric medicine (nexito 10) and neurological medicine (3 eptoin & 1-2 lacoset). What is the problem with me? is it going to last for the remaining years of my life? does schizophernia at an earlier stage becomes epilepsy in the later stage of life? as per horroscope moon means mind and 6th house means desease. My simple strength moon is the 6th house. Moon also means mother. My sister was born 11 months after my birth and hence separated. When I was borne there was heavy rain and there was moon in the sky. On fool moon day i. E. Lunar the lunatics in an assylum are told to see the full moon.
Dementia is a general classification of a brain disease that causes a long haul and frequently steady abatement in the capacity to think and recall that is sufficiently incredible to influence a man's everyday functioning. Other normal manifestations incorporate passionate issues, issues with dialect, and a lessening in motivation. An individual's awareness is not influenced. The most common example of dementia is the Alzheimer's disease.
Physiotherapy for Dementia:
A patient with dementia can benefit from physiotherapy regardless of the possibility that the patient can't perceive their own family. Physiotherapy, notwithstanding, can be of good advantage to the individual who has dementia and also their family and parental figures at different stages. The principle explanation behind this is that recovery administrations can help the dementia patient to be as utilitarian as would be prudent for whatever length of time that is conceivable. Here are 5 ways physiotherapy benefits an Alzheimer's patient:
- Physiotherapy can keep up the Alzheimer's patient's freedom and mobility as much as one could expect reasonably. A physiotherapist can outline a home activity program and work intimately with relatives to administer to the Alzheimer's patient.
- Physiotherapists, as independent experts, embrace much detailed, separately custom-made appraisals of the disorders, action confinements and restrictions imposed upon individuals with dementia.
- The caretakers of individuals with dementia regularly show weakness when contrasted with their same aged companions. Physiotherapy helps with diminishing the weight of consideration by instructing caregivers to provide encouragement and upliftment to individuals with dementia.
- Patients with dementia are always at a risk of falling down and hurting themselves. Poor balance accounts for the danger of falls. This can be worked upon and improved by physiotherapy driven exercises. Exercise can have a huge and positive effect on behavioral and mental indications of dementia, enhancing psychological capacity and mindset, which can decrease the doses of strong medicines. Special exercise routines are assigned to the patients which help improve their body balance while walking.
- Physiotherapy has crucial influence in advancing and keeping up portability of individuals with dementia. It assumes a basic part in the end of life consideration by overseeing situations, seating and complicated muscle contracture. Individuals with dementia regularly experience issues in communicating pain. Pain influences cognizance, inspiration and reaction to any intervention. Physiotherapists are specialists in recognizing and treating pain in dementia patients and give training to care home staff and caregivers of the patients.
Physiotherapy is very important for dementia patients. Regular physiotherapy sessions are beneficial for patients for improvement in condition.
Related Tip: "7 Early Symptoms of Dementia"