Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mysore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Abid SattarYour feedback matters!
I am facing a problem regarding acidity in my stomach. I visit a lot of doctors. Everything doctor gave me medicine. Until I take medicine there is some relief in acidity. But as soon as the medicine over. My acidity starts again. I got no permanent solution. Almost 6 month passed with this acidity. It it is very strong. I can't even eat my food properly. Please help if possible.
One of my relative have recurring problem of blood with stool over the past couple of years, hes is around 54 years. 2-3 days back he had similar problem along with vomiting, blood also coming out during vomiting. Your doctrine please.
I often have mouth ulcers even though I have proper stool and I take proper diet. These ulcers appears in huge numbers and painful.
I just underwent fissure treatment. Now I need to prevent constipation and have a nice diet. But the thing is I eat salads fruits and lil cooked food that too with proper chewing but still the starting part of stool is hard but after that it becomes soft. I want my motion to be very smooth. Why this happens and ways the solution for the same? Please help. THANKS.
I was food poisoned in june. Was hospitalized for 5 days. Treatment given antibiotic for h pylori. Ct scan and sonography report normal. Got blood test today for vit. B12 and D3. The reports are not good. Vitamin B12 Level --- 182. Vitamin D --- 7.27. So now what course should I take for both bit. Deficiency.
Hi I am 23years old, I have constipation problem, already I have consult with doctor but as well as after taking medicine no solution, and also gastric problem alos, I want to gain my wait also bcoz am so thin, kindly give me proper solution.
I'm suffering from IBS. Also I have dysentery from my childhood. When take medicine I feel good but without medicine the problem arise again. How it will cure? Give me solution. Can I eat sweet, egg, chicken, curd. Please help.
Hi I am a working professional, 9-6: 30 timing. While going to office I eat 3-4 biscuits in breakfast. Our lunch is from 1 pm. Pls suggest best practices after eating lunch and dinner so as to digest it properly, and foods to eat.
Gastroenteritis, also commonly referred to as infectious diarrhoea, is a gastric disorder. The gastrointestinal tract, which comprises of the small intestine and stomach gets inflamed. Gastroenteritis is indicated by the symptoms such as diarrhea, acute vomiting and pain in the abdomen. Fever, exhaustion and dehydration are also observed. This disease usually lasts not more than two weeks. It is also called the stomach flu. Infections caused by virus, bacteria, parasites or fungi may lead to gastroenteritis. Viruses account for this disease the most. This disease is transmitted mainly from food items and contaminated water. Important electrolytes like sodium and potassium are lost from our body.
The most common remedy in case of gastroenteritis is having ORS. However, homeopathy is also considered very effective if you have got infectious diarrhoea. Homeopathic medicines are considered very safe and result yielding in case of gastroenteritis. Homeopathy is a form of medicine, which is always given preference by all experts, as it is natural with no side effects. After conducting various surveys, it has been proven that homeopathic treatment is far more effective than other forms of medication for gastroenteritis.
Here is a list of the best homeopathic remedies for the treatment of gastroenteritis. There are many categories of homeopathic medicines for diarrhoea each with their own significance.
- Aconite: This must be used for diarrhea caused in the season when the days are hot, and the nights are comparatively cold. The symptoms appear in the middle of the night. Heavy diarrhoea along with high-intensity fever occurs and anxiety.
- Aloe: This remedy should be used in case of a continuing urge for stool because of weakness of the anal sphincter. Mucus is accompanied along with pain in the rectum area. In case of adults, this diarrhoea is also characterized by blue hemorrhoids.
- Arsenicum album: This medicine is used in case of food poisoning. The affected person feels cold, tired and panicky. Vomiting and diarrhoea take place after midnight. Burning pain in the abdomen is also observed.
- Cinchona: Used in case of diarrhoea with the presence of excessive exhaustion and abdomen gas. The abdomen gets bloated up.
- Ipeca: When there is nausea and non stop vomiting or your mouth gets filled with saliva, Ipeca can be used. Thirst is lost, and the color of the stool may be green or bloody.
- Podophyllum: This medicine is usually used by tourists in case of diarrhoea. Abdominal vibration and frequent stools are indicated. The stool is characterized by an unpleasant smell.
Homeopathy is a very effective category of medication when it comes to gastroenteritis, however, still it is advisable to get regular full body check up done.