Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Muzaffarnagar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vaikunth AggarwalYour feedback matters!
I am 41 years old, having infection like burn inside my mouth since last 3 yrs, basically in left side .if I will take any salty or chilly food then immediate req. Water or sweet. I consulted doctor they gave vitamins and ulcilor cream. But it is not cure totally. Sameside also I have done root canal with metal cap covering. Any suggestions. for years end.
I need to know how teeth bleach is done? And what are the estimate charges. What are the difference between buffing and bleaching?
Hello sir my name is Deepak lasers I am 26 year old man I have teeth cavity and teeth pain also since last two days please tell me what should I do.
I am a MALE born on May 1985. In my mouth around two teeth are severely moving and other 4 teeth also moving slightly. In this one molar tooth is now very severely moving. Around 7 years back, Dentist placed Cap Over affected teeth after root canal treatment. That teeth also moving slightly. I think the gums are infected or strength-less. And from the gums of two teeth pulp also coming. In this condition is it possible to recover my teeth from falling, using any advanced treatment. Actually I saw many videos of artificial tooth. But I want to restore my natural tooth to its original condition at any cost. As I said I am in later stage of this issue. So it possible cure it. And where can I get good treatment in Tamilnadu or chennai. If there any Good dental clinic in Kanyakumari district also please suggest me.
I have an upper tooth cleaned up 2 yrs ago. It's irreparable. It is not shaking but if something goes inside sometimes it pains. Any cure available without pulling it out?
While the mouth has the maximum amount of bacteria in the body, the highest concentration of bacteria in the mouth is on the tongue. It is therefore important to keep a clean tongue to avoid dental issues, starting from plaque formation to severe dental and oral infections.
Why clean the tongue: Before talking about how to go about keeping the tongue clean, let us look at why it should be done.
- Tongue cleaning is one of the main steps to maintaining a good oral hygiene.
- The bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease reside on the tongue, and cleaning it can remove the bacteria and therefore reduce tooth decay and gum disease.
- The bad odour produced by decay and gum disease can be avoided.
- Detoxifies the body - it is believed that toxin accumulation happens on the tongue, so daily cleaning helps detoxify the body.
- A cleaner tongue exposes the taste buds, thereby improving the perception of taste.
- Stimulate various other organs -The tongue has like pressure points that connect to various other body parts, and cleaning it helps stimulate these. The tip of the tongue activates the heart; the sides are connected to the spleen, liver, and gallbladder; so on and so forth.
- Cleaner looking tongue - Various food habits tend to give a color to the tongue. Caffeine, for instance, produces a yellow coating, which can be removed by regular brushing.
Choosing a tongue cleaner: Decide on the material and the type of the instrument. Either a plastic or metal or silicone cleaner will do the job equally well. In ancient times, gold or copper scrapers were used as it was believed to be good for health. Pick one of the three -tongue scrapers, tongue cleaners, or tongue brushes. All three are equally effective in cleaning the tongue of the bacteria. If required, motorized tongue cleaners are also available.
- Timing: Good to do it first thing in the morning. Overnight, there is a thick coating of bacteria on the tongue, and therefore cleaning the tongue in the morning is a good habit.
- Swish warm water: Begin with swishing your mouth with warm water, which loosens up the microbial film and thereby making it easier to remove.
- Scraping/Cleaning: Extend your tongue and start from the back of the tongue, as far back as possible without gagging. Toothpaste can be used on the scraper or cleaner if required. With slow, sweeping strokes, clean all the way to the front and then sideways.
- Duration: It is good practice to brush the tongue for about 90 seconds per day.
Tongue cleaning is a simple and effective way to maintain oral and general health. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specialized dentist and ask a free question.