Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asmita Advirkar
Treatment of Lactation problems
Management of Restless Child Disorder
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Treatment of Neurofibromatosis
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Submit a review for Dr. Asmita AdvirkarYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have a newborn baby boy who is 18 days old. My wife is not breast feeding him, she says that the child remains hungry with her provided feed. Hence, she has been feeding him with some powder milk product. The kid takes the preparation and vomits it for once or twice a day and on his tongue white residues remain. Please advice me what is to be done and how can I clean the residue on the tongue and prevent the vomiting, do I have any other substitutes. Rest there are no issues. Thanks Pawan Soni.
Hello My 3 years old child has not passed stools for five consecutive days. We have tried all means to stimulate him and also fed him fibre rich food but all of that was of no use. Please help. Thanks in advance.
My baby is 9 month old and he is 69 cm tall. Is this height normal? And I am breast feeding only for one time ,is it ok? Or I need to increase number of times I feed him?
Shielding your ego - common defence mechanisms:
We generally try to protect ourselves from things that we don't want to think about or deal with. Just remind yourself of the last time you referred to someone as being in denial or accused someone of rationalising. Both these terms are actually referred to as defence mechanisms in psychology. Defence mechanism is an unconscious psychological mechanism that reduces anxiety arising from unacceptable or potentially harmful stimuli. In short, it is a strategy used by the ego to protect itself from anxiety.
The use of the most common defence mechanisms:
1. Denial: it is a clear refusal to admit or recognise an obvious truth about something that has happened or is upcoming. Denial functions to protect the ego from things that the individual cannot cope with. For instance, drug addicts and alcoholics often deny that they have a problem, or victims of traumatic events deny that the event ever occurred as it is too uncomfortable or traumatic to face.
2. Repression And suppression: in both repression and suppression we tend to remove anxiety provoking memories from our conscious awareness. When we consciously force unwanted information out of our awareness it is called suppression. However, even unconscious memories, as in repression don't just disappear, they continue to influence the person's behaviour. For instance, a person abused as a child might face difficulties forming relationships as an adult.
3. Displacement: it involves venting out anger, frustration and other negative impulses on people or situations that are less threatening. For instance, rather than expressing aggression or anger towards your boss, you to tend to express it towards your spouse, children, or pets as they are less threatening and have few negative consequences.
4. Sublimation: it is a way of acting out unacceptable impulses by converting them into more acceptable forms of behaviour. As freud believes, it is a mature way of behaving normally in socially acceptable ways. For instance, a childless woman might start a day care to fulfil her desire of nurturing a child.
5. Projection: it involves ascribing our unacceptable qualities or feelings to others. For instance, if you have an aversion towards someone, you might say that person doesn't respect you or doesn't like you.
6. Intellectualisation: it helps reduce anxiety by being cold and focusing more on the intellectual components of the situation, while avoiding the stressful emotional component of a traumatic or anxiety provoking situation. For instance, a person just diagnosed with cancer might focus on learning everything about it, in order to avoid distress and distant himself from the reality of the situation.
7. Rationalisation: it involves explaining an unacceptable behaviour or feeling in a more rational or logical manner, while avoiding the true reasons for the behaviour. For instance, a student might explain his poor grades by blaming the examiner rather than his own lack of preparation.
8. Regression: it involves reverting to childhood patterns of behaviour failing to cope with stressful events. For instance, an adult fixated in his childhood days might lack maturity and may cry or sulk upon hearing unpleasant news.
9. Reaction formation: it involves taking up the opposite feeling or behaviour in an attempt to hide true feelings by behaving in the exact opposite manner. For instance, treating someone you dislike in an extremely friendly manner in an attempt to hide your true feelings.
Although defence mechanisms are often thought of as negative reactions, some of these can actually help ease stress during critical times, diverting their attention to what is more necessary at the moment.
My son was 23 months old, he is suffering from heavy cold, since last night. Is there any home remedies. Please suggest me.
Last week my son had his 18 month vaccination. But he still has lump on that area and also had a pain. What should I do for this?
My son is 6 months old now. My milk is not enough for him. What can I give him now. Many of them say not to give nestum and cerelac since they are nestle products. Please suggest some milk powders that is best.
My daughter was not taking food properly, she is showing disinterest towards eating, she was dewormed 2 weeks before, we too consulted a doctor, we are using the syrups given by him for hunger but no use.
Main Dr. Sanjeev Kumar.
Fareeda bad se Aj hum log discuss karein gy k hamari jo purani param parain hain, kya wo sahi hain?, ghalat hain? Q k hamari jo nai generation hai wo purany bat ko sunny ko tyar nai. Jo bary log hain wo nai bat ko accept krny ko tyar nai. Per main apko bta dn k jo purani param paraiyan hn bilkul logical bilkul sahe hain, bht had tk. Jaisy jb bacha paida hota h to sb sy important hai k kbi us ko naya kapra nai pehnaya jata. Q? Q k jo kapra purana, dhula hua, dhoop main sookha hua, 70-80% bacteria to aisy e mar gya. Or wo soft b hota h. bachy k lye acha hota hai. To ye jo param para purany kapry pehnany ki hai wo bilkul saeh hai. Dusri bat, bachy ko ma aka dudh pilaya jata hai. Is koi wo if and buts nai hn. Dusra chatty din, chatti mania jati hai. Scientifically bilkul sahe chatty din he, mtlb 6 din tk narroo gir jata hai, navi main jo clamp lgta hai. Wo gir jata hai. Usi din k bad nehlana chahye, scientifically bilkul sahe hai, or us din k bad. Usi din ek param para hoti hai. Bht sari chezain bnai jati hain, maa ko khany k lye. Bary b bnay jaty hn. Puri b bnai jati hai, kheer b bnai jati hai, is ka matlb ye hua k maa ko ab to khilao or khilaty rehna. Is din buwaa ati hai. Buwaa ka purpose ye hai k wo apni bhabi ki seewa kary. Jo burhi amaa hai, daddi, wo seewa nai kr skti is lye young buwaa ko involve krty hn. Bhabi ek bakhshish deti hai apni naand ko. Ye ek choti si param para hai. Per bht logical hai. Dusri ek param para hai pury bharat main k jis ghr main bacha paida hota hai. Wo log kbhi kisi k ghr jaty nai hain. Na un k ghr koi ata hai.scientifically bikul sahe hai. Ery ghr main ek bacha paida hua. Wo bhagwan paida hua, mje kisi k ghr nai jana. Je apni wife ka or apny bachy ka dehan rakhna hai. Or ek ue param para k jis ghr m bacha paida hota hai us kamry m log ghusain gy b nai. Gaon main purany param praon main kya hota hai, upply jata dety thy, neem k patty latka dety thy, is ka mtlb ye hota tha k us ghr main koi jaye ga nai. Agr kisi ko jana hai to proper phly hand wash krna hai pair wash krna hai. Upply main hath sukhanahai phr jana hai andar. Scientifically bilkul sahe hai. Or ye param para 40 din tk hoti hai. 40 din tk q? q k 40 din tk jo bacha dani hoti hai, maa ka uterus, 4o days tk involuate kr jati hai, choti c ho jati hai, wapis utni c ho jati hai. Isi period main maa ko bleeding hony ka dar rehta hai. Isi time main maa ko kahein baher ghumna nai chahye. Ghr waly kahein baher na jana chahye. Maa or bachy ka dehan rakhna chahye. Log kehty hain suttar lg jata hai. Ye bilkul sahe hai, maa bacha allag hony chahyen. Rest krna chahye, or in logon ko kahein or baher nai jana chahye, q k family member, ghr m ain gy log, wadhaiyan dn gy. Koi note dy ga, koi paisy dn gy, or sb log ap k bachy ko disturn krn gy. Sb sy important, note dn gy, beemar krny wala kam, infection dn gy. To mera ye man’na hai k hamari jo purani param parain hain wo mota moti thek hain. Hm ko us ko follow krna chahye. Or ye jo param para kajal lgany ki hai, kajal to ek bahana hai, boo any ka, kajal ankhon main nai lgana chahye, q k ankh or naak k bech main ek nalli hoti hai. Us nalli sy ankhon ka extra pani naak k through beh jata hai. Jb hm kajal lga dety hain to wo cheedh bband ho jata hai or ankhon sy extra pani behta hai. Is k liye hamein kajal nai lgana chahye. Baki jo param parayin hain hamari wo bilkul sahe hain.