Doctors in Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital & Research Centre
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Painful Teething
Treatment of Stained Teeth
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Submit a review for Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital & Research CentreYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Gastric cancer is more commonly known as stomach cancer. It is usually diagnosed in later stages as symptoms are few in early disease and are often neglected by people. Feeling of fullness in upper abdomen, decrease in hunger, weight loss, weakness, vomiting, are some of the common symptoms. Like all cancers, stomach cancer is shrouded in a culture of myths and baseless facts.
Here are some of these myths and actual facts to dispel any doubts:
- It’s not cancer if there is no pain: In the early stages of stomach cancer, symptoms are either absent or very mild so that they are usually neglected. This leads to delay in diagnosis. It needs to be stressed again that absence of pain does not mean that cancer can not be there. Slight fullness in the upper abdomen, decrease in appetite, etc. can be signs of stomach cancer.
- Sustained indigestion equals stomach cancer: While it is true that one of the symptoms of stomach cancer is indigestion, burping and/or acidity. But, indigestion doesn't always mean that it is stomach cancer. Most of the times, indigestion is not due to cancer. However, if there is recent onset of indigestion (from 2 weeks to a few months) with loss of appetite, weight loss and vomiting, possibility of cancer should be thought of and testing carried out.
- Stomach cancer is rare: Stomach cancer occurrence varies and it is more common in some areas and much less common in other areas. However, in totality, it is one of the very common cancer types. In India, stomach cancer is more common in southern and north-eastern parts of the country but it can occur in persons in any part of the country.
- Stomach cancer is not genetic: Even though it is not commonly seen as a hereditary disease, stomach cancer can be passed down through the genes, thereby increasing the chances of stomach cancer in people who possess it by 70 to 80 percent. Mutation in the CDH1 gene is usually the reason behind this. Sometimes also known to contribute to breast cancer in women.
- Stomach cancer has no cure: This is a misconception. Except for most advancer stage of cancer (stage IV), stomach cancer can be cured by proper treatment. Surgery is the mainstay of curative treatment for stomach cancer. Chemotherapy and radiation therapy are also required in addition to surgery in many cases."
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a common skin disease characterized by thickened patches of inflamed, red skin covered with thick, silvery scales. The elbows and knees are the most common areas affected by psoriasis. It will often appear in the same place on both sides of the body. The patches can range in size from smaller than a dime to larger than a hand.
Description of Psoriasis-
Normally, skin cells mature and shed after about a month. In psoriasis, the cell maturation speeds up, taking only three to four days. Because the lower layer of skin cells divide more rapidly than normal, dead cells accumulate in thicker patches on the skin's outermost layer called the 'Epidermis'.
Forms & Classifications-
Psoriasis occurs in a variety of forms that differ in their intensity, duration, location, shape and pattern of scales. The most common forms are:
- Plaque Psoriasis: Plaque psoriasis is the most common form of psoriasis. It is characterized by raised, inflamed, red lesions covered with a silvery-white buildup of dead skin cells (scales). This is found primarily on the Body, elbows, knees, scalp and finger or toe nails.
- Guttate Psoriasis: Guttate psoriasis occurs most frequently in children and is characterized by numerous small, red, drop-like scaly macules that develop rapidly over a wide area of skin. This may appear following an infection, most frequently strep throat.
- Inverse Psoriasis: Inverse psoriasis occurs in the armpit, under the breast, in skin folds, around the groin, in the cleft between the buttocks and around the genitals. It is usually pink and irritated but lacks the thick scale seen in other forms of psoriasis.
- Pustular Psoriasis: Pustular psoriasis is a rare form characterized by small pustules (whitehead-like lesions) found all over the body or confined all over the body or confined to the palms, soles and other isolated areas of the body.
Some dermatologists classify psoriasis as mild, moderate, or severe- Mild psoriasis is considered to be scaling over less than 5-10 percent of the body, moderate psoriasis is considered to be scaling over 10 to 20 percent of the body and severe psoriasis is considered to be scaling more than 20 percent of the body.
In 5 percent of all psoriasis sufferers, arthritis will develop. This condition is called psoriatic arthritis. Arthritis is inflammation of a joint, usually accompanied by pain, swelling and changes in joint structure.
The underlying psoriasis cause is unknown; however, it can be genetically inherited or passed from generation to generation. Most researchers agree that the Auto Immunity is somehow mistakenly triggered, which speeds up the growth cycle of skin cells. Psoriasis can be triggered by a number of factors, such as stress, climate changes, streptococcal or HIV infection, superficial wounds, physical illness, or taking certain drugs such as lithium, beta-blockers such as propranolol, quinidine (Heart medication) or antimalarial medications.
Homeopathy is preferred over other methods due to the reason that it does not entail any side effects. Instead of suppressing inflammation like other methods of treatment, it aims to cure the root cause of the disease. Yes, psoriasis can be cured permanently through constitutional Homeopathy treatment but the question is how can a patient know whether eruptions are disappearing for permanently or temporarily?
Permanent Cure takes place as follows:
Cure is taken place from Upward to downwards and Center to periphery. First, the cracks come down with arresting of blood coming out from it. After that, the eruption on scalp comes down, if the scaling is thick it becomes gradually thin and then becomes powdery and with time, the scaling disappears totally. After that, eruptions on face and body come down, and at same time eruptions in hands & legs may increase with itching. Eruptions on elbows reduce, after sometime eruptions near to hands, also reduce. While eruptions on legs itches more. However, eruptions on legs also get disappeared. During the total process of cure, you will feel sleepy, and the bowel movement will be regular, sometimes there may be loose stools as well. The various homeopathic remedies that are used to treat psoriasis: Lycopodium, Sulphur, Pulasatilla, Staphysagria, Graphitis, sepia, Arsenic alb, Natrum mur etc.
There is no cure of psoriasis except homoeopathy. We have numerous cases solved for permanent. If loose stools are there it would be very mild and only for short duration. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A sore throat is usually caused by a bacterial infection and it usually indicates an onset of cold. It may also indicate strained vocal chords or a strep throat. Eating proper foods can help in easing the symptoms and fight inflammation; thus providing the requisite energy to the body.
These foods are packed with vitamin C that allows you to recover quickly from an illness. They are also relatively soft and easier to swallow which make them a preferred food if you have a sore throat.
2. Cooked carrots
Carrots contain good amounts of vitamin A; eating them roasted or sauteed is a good way to consume the required nutrients. This vegetable also contains carotenoids in good amounts which are beneficial for the body.
Tea is usually preferred by people when they have a sore throat. Tea has anti-inflammatory properties which help in fighting infections in the body. Tea also helps in fighting stress and contributes to increased focus.
4. Cooked cabbage
Cabbage contains antioxidants along with sulfur, vitamin K and vitamin C which help in fighting infections in the body. It can also relieve symptoms of headache.
Sage is a herb that has powerful infection fighting properties. Mixing crushed sage with warm water or sprinkling it in your soup can help alleviate symptoms of cold and sore throat.
Honey is an effective treatment for sore throat because of its strong anti-inflammatory properties. It is recommended to take honey during a sore throat.
Licorice is another remedy that can be used to treat sore throat. It has certain properties which cause a reduction in pain and help in clearing the airways.
Yoghurt is soft which makes it easier to gulp down in case of a sore throat. You may even add some fresh fruits to the mix for taste.
Garlic has strong antibacterial properties which help in easing symptoms of sore throat. You may directly chew garlic or add them to your food to gain the maximum benefits.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Bat ear correction
It is also known as prominent ear correction or otoplasty. Prominent ear can be a cause of embarrassment or low confidence in children. It involves correction of shape of ear in adult and children. Surgery is delayed up to age of 6 till ear is developed. Each ear is different, know from your surgeon which procedure is suitable to achieve optimum results and give confidence to your child.
In most instances it has been found that the habits we inculcate during childhood are carried to adulthood, so, it becomes all the more important in parenting to nurture good eating habits and expose toddlers to healthy foods. Being a parent we can inculcate healthy eating habits in our children. For this you can try these:
- Check the refrigrator: Try your best to keep only healthy snacks/foods so that even if the child opens the fridge his choice is healthy .Avoid keeping excess cold drinks, chocolates etc.
- Be a role model: Always set a good eating example for your child to copy ,share the meal time and eat the same healthy food. Try to avoid foods in front of children that you don’t intend to give them.
- Make boring food interesting: Try to make daily routine food interesting for the toddlers ,for example one can make a cute smiley on the vegetable sandwich you intend to serve to your child.
- Awareness: Parents must be aware about the food available in market. You must be in habit to read labels before buying. Take your child to grocery shopping and inculcate habit of reading labels in them also, make them aware of importance of these labels.
- Involvement of child: Involve your child in preparing meals as they may be more willing to eat or try foods that they help to prepare.
- Food as reward or punishment: Try not to use food as reward or punishment for your child. Like sending your child to bed without dinner as a punishment may make them to eat whenever they get a chance, similarly sweets or dessert should not be used as reward for finishing vegetables as child may assume that these foods are more valuable and this will unknowingly sent wrong message .
- Eat meals together often: Make meal times pleasant with conversation and sharing, not a time for scolding or arguing.
- Encourage: Encourage your child to eat slowly this will give brain time to register fullness.
- Free your child: Sometimes or on occasions,festivities as you are restricting them on a daily basis, you only worry about daily routine and not holidays.
Soft drinks, cordials and fruit juices should be consumed in a limited quantity because they are acidic in nature. Acidic food or drinks often soften the tooth material which leads to the dissolution of minerals into the tooth enamel, resulting in cavities (holes).
Is bitter gourd or karela good for high cholesterol?
A glass of karela or bitter gourd juice is what most people with diabetes start their mornings with as it helps to control blood glucose levels. The anti-diabetic properties of karela make it a popular health drink with those who are at risk of diabetes or are diabetic. However, what most of us are not aware of the cholesterol-lowering properties of karela. Yes, bitter gourd is good for people with hypercholesterolemia or high cholesterol level.
How does karela lower cholesterol?
According to a study published in the journal of bmc complementary and alternative medicine, it was confirmed that karela acts as a potential supplement in the treatment of hypercholesterolemia and its associated disorders.
High cholesterol levels are associated with type 2 diabetes, atherosclerosis, cardiovascular disease and liver diseases. Karela contains compounds which not only act at the enzyme level but also help in eliminating excess cholesterol stored in the liver.
How to use it?
Karela has been widely used as a herbal medication which is not only safe but also used to avoid side effects of various medicines.
You can eat karela as a vegetable and also choose various forms of karela that are available in the market including juices, churna, capsules and tablets.
Here’s the correct way to use karela:
- Karela juice: take 10-15 ml of karela juice and add the same amount of water. Mix and drink it on an empty stomach once a day to reap its benefits.
- Karela churna: take 1-2 gms (which accounts to around a quarter to half a teaspoon) of karela churna add a teaspoon of honey (if you are not diabetic), make a thick paste and eat it. Do this twice a day preferably after meals.
- Karela capsule: you can have 1-2 capsules twice a day, preferably after meals with water.
- Karela tablets: take 1-2 karela tablets twice a day with water after meals.
However, it is wise to consult your doctor or an ayurvedic expert before taking karela in these forms.
Before we get to learning whether homoeopathy is the best treatment for asthma, it is important that we learn what asthma is. Asthma is predominantly a condition that influences the functioning of your lung and affects its overall health. The major result of asthma in patients, adults and children are alike. Patients with asthma are stricken with attacks that cause breathing problem. Proper treatment and homoeopathic medication can cure asthma like you never had it before.
Homeopathic Treatment for Asthma:
Though there are a variety of medications and treatments that promise to help you deal with asthma, there is no certain treatment that helps in curing it for once and for all. Here is where homoeopathic treatment and homoeopathic specialists step in. Homeopathy is the only stream of medicine that is equipped to deal with asthma and cure it a 100%. The recurrence of the attacks caused by Asthma can not only affect the general health of a patient but also affects the quality of life they lead. Sudden Asthma attacks can lead to some unfavourable situations, such as-
- Severe weakness
- Deadly health hazards
- Chances of severe injury, etc.
Research shows that Homeopathic treatment comes in as a relief or a preventing measure to all of these unfavourable occurrences caused by asthma.
Does Homeopathy Really Heal Asthma?
The following advantages of homoeopathic treatment help prove why homoeopathy is the best cure for asthma
- Homeopathic Constitutional Treatment not only prevents these extremities mentioned above but also slowly and steadily works on curing the condition completely.
- The same treatment procedure, allows a specialist to understand the severity of the condition, and thus prescribe the best natural homoeopathic medicines to treat asthma.
- The medicines prescribed by a homoeopathic specialist are all natural and work towards curing asthma permanently by moderating the functioning and quality of your immune system.
- This ensures the stabilisation of the immune system that becomes over-reactive during asthma.
According to years of research and treatment records, Homeopathy does help to heal asthma completely.
Medication and Treatment Extended by Homeopathy:
Homoeopathic medicines are all natural and pose no side effects to any patients. Since there are a variety of asthmas, the medicines used to deal with each kind also vary. Again, there are a few homoeopathic medicines that are designed to treat and permanently heal one and all kinds of asthmas. There are some these medicines that are prescribed by some of the best Homoeopathic specialists to their patients with asthma.
Some of these homoeopathic medicines include
- Natrum Sulph
- Arsenic Album
- Kali Bichrome
While these can be termed as some of the most widely accepted and prescribed homoeopathic medicines for Asthma, they are not the only ones. There are also other medicines that are put to use. The prescribed medicine can differ in accordance with the intensity and kind of asthma that an individual is dealing with. Here is where it becomes important to visit a specialist homoeopathic doctor and take his consultancy and not depend on own intuitions and preferences. Cure asthma permanently with homoeopathy. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Knee pain is characterized by a feeling of pain in the knee joint caused by injury or overuse. The knee joint consists of small bone structures, the kneecap, supporting ligaments and cartilage of the knee. This joint bears the full weight of the body, which makes it very vulnerable to injury.
Causes of knee pain
Knee pain is usually caused by injuries to the knee such as exposure to a direct force on the knee, abnormal twisting of the knee or falling on your knees. Some causes of knee pain are -
- Knee strains and sprains - Overworking the knee joints can damage the tissues of the knee joint resulting in knee sprains and strains
- Osteoarthritis - it is condition where the protective cartilage around the kneecap is damaged, resulting in knee pain
- Bursitis - Excessive movement of the knee or kneeling down for extended periods can irritate the bursa (a fluid sac below the skin above the knee joint) that causes swelling and pain, thereby giving rise to this condition
- Gout - This condition is characterized by the accumulation of uric acid in crystal form around the knee joint, causing inflammation and pain
- Tendon disorders - Tendons connect the muscles to the bones, and overworking the knee can cause the tendons around
the knee to become sore and painful
- Kneecap dislocation - Injuries may cause the kneecap to shift out of its position, this causes swelling and pain in the knee joint
Symptoms of knee pain
Severe knee pain can restrict movements such as walking or standing. The symptoms vary according to the extent of the damage suffered by the knee. Most common symptoms of knee pain are problems in climbing stairs, inability to extend the knees, limping and swelling of the knee joint. In some cases, knee pain may also cause fever. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The kidneys filter the blood and eliminate the waste products through urine. The waste deposition is sometimes in the form of excessive calcium, uric acid and other undesirable contents. It causes the urine to get highly saturated. The solid depositions then turn into stone like formations, also termed as renal lithiasis or calculi. There are different kinds of kidney stones, which are differentiated based on its varied constituents. Kidney stones cause excruciating pain and uneasiness. Frequent urination and discomfort during urination, presence of blood in the urine, are some major signs of kidney stones.
Kidney stones can be prevented by maintaining a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet with sufficient nutrients:
- Calcium and oxalate-rich food should be consumed together. This leads to the binding of calcium and oxalate together in the stomach intestines, before they can be processed in the kidneys. This helps to control the formation of calcium and oxalate depositions in the kidneys.
- Do not cut down on calcium. Since most of the kidney stones are found to be calcium depositions, many people tend to cut down on their calcium intake. It is important to continue with food that is rich in calcium such as milk. However, it is necessary to reduce intake of other calcium supplements. Decrease in calcium can lead to degeneration and deformation in bones and muscles.
- Too much of red meat consumption and high fat dairy products can lead to the formation of stones in the kidneys. Animal protein is rich in purine that increases uric acid, saturating the urine and creating stones. It is important to balance your diet by including lots of green vegetables, whole grains, fibres, fruits and low-fat dairy products. Opt for non-animal protein such as lentils or legumes.
- Cut down on sugary and aerated drinks. They contribute to the formation of depositions due to their high and unhealthy levels of fructose and preservatives.
- Reduce or abstain from alcohol. Alcohol is known for its multiple disadvantages to the human body. It has also been found to increase the levels of uric acid in blood.
- Keep your body hydrated. Drink adequate quantity of water throughout the day, preferably 3 litres or more depending on your physical activities. It prevents the solidification of the depositions and helps to eliminate wastes smoothly.
- Increase the intake of anti-oxidants in the form of green tea, dark chocolates and fruits.
- Lower the intake of salt.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!