Doctors in Jaslok Hospital
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Submit a review for Jaslok HospitalYour feedback matters!
Do you know about the different types of sexually transmitted diseases and how they are caused? STDs are caused mostly by bacterial infections. The bacteria get transmitted while having sex, in the case of most common STDs. There are several STDs which commonly occur in people, primarily because of having unprotected sex.
There are various forms of infections, including bacteria like gonorrhea and syphilis, viral STDs like HIV, genital herpes, hepatitis B, and genital warts. The germs which lead to the STDs dwell in the semen, vaginal secretions, and saliva. The transmission mostly occurs through vaginal, anal, and oral contact. Certain STDs are caused due to skin contact.
Types of STDs:
The most common STD diseases are as follows:
Chlamydia- This bacterial infection occurs in your genital tract, and it is difficult to diagnose as no early symptoms are always experienced. The disease strikes three weeks after the exposure to the responsible bacteria. Lower abdominal pain and vaginal discharge are indicated as symptoms.
Gonorrhea- This is a bacterial infection, which affects the genital tract. It can also develop in your eyes, mouth, throat, and anus. The symptoms start appearing within ten days of the exposure. Major symptoms include thick, bloody discharge from the penis or vagina. Painful sensation while urinating is also indicated.
Trichomoniasis- This STD occurs from a microscopic, single-celled parasite called trichomonas vaginitis. It is commonly transmitted during sexual intercourse with an affected individual. In the case of men, the disease infects the urinary tract, without showing any symptoms in many cases. In women, the vagina is affected. The condition appears twenty-eight days within exposure. Mild irritation and severe inflammation are common symptoms. A clear white, greenish or yellowish vaginal discharge is likely in women, while discharge from the penis occurs in the case of men.
HIV- HIV occurs because of the human immunodeficiency virus. HIV is a severe health disease which disrupts your body’s immune system, or your body’s ability to fight fungi and bacteria that lead to illness. HIV results in AIDS, which is a chronic, life-threatening condition. Commonly, early stage symptoms are not experienced in case of HIV. An illness which is similar to flu within two to six weeks of infection is likely to occur in some patients. You need to take a screening test for HIV for the diagnosis of this condition.
Another common STD which occurs is genital herpes. This is caused due to a certain form of the HSV or herpes simplex virus. The virus enters your body through tiny breaks in your skin membrane or mucous.
Many of us take the role our kidneys play in keeping us healthy and sturdy for granted. Having your kidneys work well can go a long way keeping you in good shape. You can delay the progression of kidney disease and potentially prevent permanent damage to your kidneys. Here are some things that should be kept in mind in order to protect your kidneys:
- Keep your blood sugar and blood pressure in target range: High blood sugar and high blood pressure levels harm the nephrons in your kidneys and prevent them from functioning well. So, get tested periodically to monitor your levels. Improving them and keeping them under the target range will help to prevent further complications.
- Get moving: Being active will get your blood pumping and thereby, boost blood flow to your kidneys. It helps your heart to be fit too. So for your body, exercise is a win-win. It can help to slow the rate of chronic kidney disease. Keep a goal to get at least 30 minutes of physical activity each day.
- Eat less protein: It is good to avoid protein rich foods as they can stress the kidneys and lead to unnecessary problems. It is important to consume the right amount of protein in your diet and stay away from meat rich in proteins.
- Don’t drink soda: Studies have found a positive link between excessive soda drinking and kidney damage. Two or more diet sodas a day can lead to damage and make it progress quicker.
- Balance your blood pH levels: When the kidneys don’t function right, they fail to keep the acid balance in your body. A low acid diet with natural veggies will help the kidneys to last longer and restronger. Also, sodium bicarbonate can help protect your kidneys by neutralizing the acid content of your blood. You can mix a teaspoon of baking soda with a glass of water and consume it regularly. Consult with your doctor about it.
- Skip canned foods and processed foods: Stick with natural foods and avoid the artificial foods of fast-food joints, ready-made foods and more as they can contain high levels of sodium and other chemicals that deter the kidney function.
- Avoid painkillers: Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can cause kidney damage. Since kidneys need a strong blood flow to function well, certain painkillers reduce blood flow and make things worse if you have kidney disease.
- Antioxidants to flush out toxins: Consider taking antioxidant foods that can help kidney function and protect your cells.
Follow the above tips and prevent your kidneys from damage to lead a happier and healthier life.
What are the benefits of physiotherapy in joint complaints?
- It reduces pain which in turn helps you reduce your intake of painkillers.
- In some cases, it prevents chances of surgery, and also increases the capacity of the joint to function for the longer period of time.
- It improves mobility, and movement of the joints.
- It avoids fall which is usually common in the joint complaint and improves the balance of the patients.
How physiotherapy help in the joint complaint?
Physiotherapy includes following methods to improve the joint complaints:
1. Local applications
Application of ice packs to soothe hot, swollen joints and application of heat packs to relax tense, tired muscles is usually done.
2. Splinting of joints
In cases of rheumatoid arthritis where joint complaints flare ups at that time splinting of the joints helps to the greater extent. Immobilization of the joint with splint helps to avoid further damage of soft tissues, and nerves.
3. Trans-cutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) therapy
It helps by blocking pain messages from affected joint to the brain, and it alters the perception of pain. It is done by using a small machine with an electronic device which sends impulses to the nerve endings, and this is attached with the pads which are placed on the skin. This device causes a tingling sensation that gives soothing effects to the joint.
4. Gradual increasing daily exercises
Exercise should be started slowly, and it should increase slowly. This helps to strengthen the muscles and joints and increases fitness. Regular exercise also stimulates the production of endorphin which is one of the best pain-relieving hormones.
5. Massage therapy
Physiotherapy also includes massage therapy which helps to relax the muscles, helps to improve joint movement, and makes more comfortable movements.
Sometimes, acupuncture is also used to stimulate the brain to produce endorphins.
Hydrotherapy includes exercise in the warm water pool. It is mostly used in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. The warm water in the pool increases circulation during exercise, and due to the buoyancy of water, the joint, and muscles can be exercised without any unnecessary pressure on it.
In which ultrasound is used to deliver certain medications such as topical steroids, painkillers to decrease the inflammation of joints.
9. Use of light therapy
In light therapy, infrared waves are used to raise body temperature which ultimately increases blood circulation. It gives fast pain relief and reduces inflammation.