Doctors in Holy Family Hospital
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Submit a review for Holy Family HospitalYour feedback matters!
Constipation is referred to difficult or infrequent or dry bowel movements, the passage of hard and small amounts of stool. The common symptoms of constipation are feeling bloated, sluggish, and uncomfortable. It can be acute or chronic. Acute constipation can occur suddenly and is noticeable, whereas chronic constipation begins gradually and might persists for months and/or years. At one time or another, every individual might get constipated. The reason being poor diet and lack of exercise.
Constipation is caused due to the formation of hard and dry stools that occurs as the colon absorbs too much water from the diet or if the muscles of colon contracts slowly or very sluggishly, causing stools to move very slowly. The causes of constipation are listed below:
- Low fiber diet, the most common cause of constipation.
- Not drinking enough water and other fluids
- Lack of exercise
- Some medications can cause constipation, such as painkillers, antacids, blood pressure medicines, iron supplements, anticonvulsants, etc.
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Ignoring the urge to have a bowel movement
- Overuse of laxatives
- Several diseases might cause constipation, such as neurological disorders, metabolic and endocrine disorders, and systemic conditions affecting organ system.
- Problems with colon, rectum or with intestinal functions
- Warning signs of constipation include swollen abdomen, vomiting, weight loss, and blood in the stool. When one observes any or all of these, then they should immediately consult a doctor for medication.
- Constipation can be best treated with a combination of high fiber diet, exercise and adequate intake of liquids.
- Dietary changes that one should make to treat or prevent constipation is to consume fiber-rich diet. You should include fruits and vegetables in your diet plan. Eat whole cereals that contain bran. Start slowly and gradually increase the amount of fiber to avoid bloating and gas formation. Drink enough water and liquid.
- Apart from dietary changes, use of laxatives and enemas is also approached that are taken to treat constipation.
- Types of laxatives are bulking agents, stool softeners, osmotic agents, and stimulants.
- Bulking agents are bran, polycarbophil, psyllium, and methylcellulose. The side effects include bloating, flatulence, and poor iron and calcium absorption. The bulking agents, add bulk to the stools and absorbs water. Bulking agents acts slowly and thus are the safest way to promote regular bowel movements.
- Stool softeners act slowly to soften the stools and thus bowel movements is made easy. These slightly increase the bulk of stools and stimulate natural contractions of large intestines and thus makes evacuation of stools easy.
- Osmotic agents are those that pull a large amount of water into large intestines, and as a result, stools are softened and loose for easy evacuation. The excess fluid in large intestines stimulates contractions.
- Stimulant laxatives contain irritating substances that stimulate the walls of large intestines to contract and pass the stool.
- Enemas function is to mechanically flush the stool from the rectum and lower part of large intestine. Plain water (slightly warm) is considered as best fluid to be used as an enema.
Can constipation be serious or complicated?
Constipation can sometimes be serious and complicated. The complications are hemorrhoids or anal fissures. These conditions lead to rectal bleeding. Constipation may cause hard stools to pack the rectum and intestine tight enough that prevents normal pushing of the bowel. This condition is called fecal impaction. Diverticular disease is another complication.
People who are over concern with regular bowel movements may abuse their bowel movements with the use of laxatives, suppositories, and enemas. Thus, overuse of these can actually inhibit bowel’s natural and normal contractions and worsen constipation.
Thus, constipation is a serious issue to be looked upon.
A tattoo has a strong emotional association with the person having it. Commonly it is the loved ones name, idols, quotes or just anything that a person feels connected to. However, over time, it may happen that the tattoo may not hold the same relevance as it used to once upon a time. It could also lose the esthetic appeal it once held. Whatever the reason, the tattoo needs to go. While tattoos were considered something permanent, there are now ways to remove it.
While the earlier methods were crude including removing the tattooed skin and grafting new skin, sanding the area, or dermabrasion; but today with the use of laser, the process has become much simpler and convenient. Laser is now the most widely used method of removing the tattoo.
A thorough evaluation to see the extent of the tattoo, in terms of depth, size and colors, is done before planning its removal. The type, strength and sessions of lasers will depend on these factors.
During the removal, the tattooed area is focused with a handheld device that emits laser light of the desired frequency and strength. This removes the colored pigments of the tattoo without affecting the surrounding skin. Different wavelengths of light are used to remove different pigments, which get broken down. These pigments are then washed out from the body as wastes.
Depending on the size and colors used in the tattoo, more than one sitting may be required. For large ones, up to 6 to 8 months may be required for complete removal. A minimum of 4 weeks gap is required between two sittings, allowing sufficient time for the skin to heal.
Professional vs Amateur Tattoos-
Professional applied tattoos penetrate deeper into the skin at uniform levels which can make it easier to treat, but not always, as the ink is usually more dense. Amateur tattoos are often applied with an uneven hand which can make the removal challenging but overall they are easier to remove.
Risks and Side Effects:
There are a handful of symptoms you might see post-treatment. Among them are blisters, swelling, raising of the tattoo, pinpoint bleeding, redness, and/or temporary darkening. Not to worry, though. These are common and usually subside within one to two weeks. If they don't, talk to your doctor.
- The way getting tattoo caused some pain, the removal will also cause some pain. Topical or local anaesthesia is used to make it comfortable.
- Not just the tattoo pigment but also some of the natural skin pigment is lost, so the skin can become lighter or darker than the surrounding skin.
- In some cases, there could be some scarring. The scar will get better and can be treated after tattoo laser sessions.
So, if you thought a tattoo is forever, it is not so. Go ahead and plan for its removal, of course after understanding what it entails. If there is any tattoo on your body which you no longer like, meet your dermatologist for consultation and then laser to make that undesired ink fade!!
With age it becomes difficult for many men to achieve an erection and maintain it. This is known as Erectile Dysfunction. This is not necessarily related to a lowered libido. In many cases, a man may desire sex but not be able to have an erection rigid enough for intercourse. Men with a history of obesity, hypertension, diabetesand smoking are at a higher risk of suffering from erectile dysfunction as they get older. However, this condition can be treated.
Ayurvedic Medicine for Erectile Dysfunction:
Gold Bhasma: Gold Bhasma also known as Swarna Bhasma is prepared from pure gold. Nowadays, the use of technology has mitigated many tedious steps, which one had to undergo during ancient time to prepare it. It is highly effective and is used for the treatment of infertility, sexual weakness, tuberculosis, cancer, asthma and many other fatal diseases.
Silver Bhasma: Silver Bhasma is also know as Rajat Bhasma or Raupya Bhasma is a calcified Ayurvedic medicine used not just for treating erectile dysfunction, but also for a number of diseases such as, jaundice, frequent urination, enlargment of spleen, etc.
Both Gold Silver Bhasma are mixed with other Ayurvedic medicines for effective treatment of erectile dysfunction.
Other Treatments for Erectile Dysfunction:
Erectile dysfunction can be treated in a number of ways. Some of these are:
Viagra: Viagra is usually the first form of treatment for erectile dysfunction. Viagra is a type of drug also known as phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors. These drugs increase the blood flow into the penis and thus enable an erection. Levitra and cialis are other forms of phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors. However, Viagra is a temporary treatment and has a side effect that it is a habbit forming drug.
Penile Injection: If a man cannot take oral medication, a penile injection is the best form of treatment. Here, medication is directed into the side of the penis. This dilates the arteries and allows blood to flow in. thus it instantly initiates an erection.
Intraurethral Suppositories: This involves placing a soluble medicated pellet into the urethra. This increases the blood flow into the penis and will create an erection in 10-15 minutes. This form of medication is rarely used.
Vacuum Pump: A vacuum pump is another common form of treatment for this condition. It consists of a plastic cylinder that is placed over the penis and a pump that removes the air within the cylinder thus forcing blood to flow into the penis. An elastic ring is then slid onto the base of the penis to hold the erection. The ring must be removed after a maximum of 30 minutes.
Surgical Implants: There are two types of surgical implants that can be beneficial to men who have not benefitted from medication. The first is an inflatable pump that can manually pump fluid into cylinders within the penis. The second is a malleable prosthesis.
Lifestyle Changes: Obesity, hypertension, high blood pressure, excessive alcohol, smoking and a sedentary lifestyle can also be the reason a man cannot hold an erection. Addressing these factors by making conscious lifestyle changes can improve a man's ability to initiate and maintain an erection. These changes include a healthy diet, regular exercise, lowered consumption of alcohol and losing excessive weight. Living a healthy lifestyle is the only way to lower the risk of suffering from erectile dysfunction in the later years.
The stomach is a hollow sac which is made up of muscles, and it is connected to the esophagus at its top, and the first section of the small intestine at its bottom. The stomach's main function is to break down solid food by using stomach acid (hydrochloric acid).
What Is Stomach Cancer?
Stomach cancer is cancer developing from the inner lining of the stomach. It is also known as gastric cancer.
Statistics: It is the fifth most common cancer in the world. Globally, stomach cancer is the third leading cause of death from cancer.
Etiology: It is more common in men than women. The exact cause of stomach cancer is still unknown. It is more likely to develop amongst individuals with:
- Age greater than 50 years
- A habit of excessive smoking
- Intake of low-fiber diet, and those who have highly processed food, red meat, or a diet that contains a lot of salted and pickled foods
- Stomach infection caused by Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) bacteria
- History of alcohol abuse
- No exercise
- A habit of improper cooking or storing of food
Signs and Symptoms
The most common symptoms of advanced stomach cancer are given below:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Frequent heartburn
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Constant bloating
- Early satiety Bloody stools
- Dull aching pain in the stomach after meals
How is it Diagnosed?
It can be diagnosed by following tests:
- By doing blood tests to look for anemia or nutritional deficiencies
- By doing gastroscopy in which a thin, flexible tube will be inserted with a small camera to look into the stomach
- By doing a barium follow-through study in which X-rays will be taken after drinking the radio-contrast agent
- By doing a computed tomography scan to take detailed pictures of the inside of the body
- By doing a biopsy in which a small piece of tissue from the stomach will be taken to look under a microscope for signs of cancer
What is the Treatment for it?
It is treated with various methods in which either one mode is used or combinations of them can be used. They are as follows:
How to prevent it?
It can be prevented in the following ways:
- By eating refrigerated foods rather than preserved foods (those which are salted, pickled, and smoked)
- By eating a healthy diet, such as choosing whole-grain bread, pasta, and cereals instead of refined grains, and eating fish, poultry, or beans instead of processed meat and red meat
- By doing physical activity and by maintaining ideal body weight
- By avoiding tobacco useBy treating H. pylori infection
I am 27 years old, my baby is one year old now and my skin has become more dry and dull especially face. Hair fall also became more and getting front baldness. Help me wat I can do? Pls suggest some diet plans.
Hi sir Good afternoon I have some skin problem on my penis skin I have check and treatment this problem by skin doctor. Since 3 months.
Sweda Vidhi (Sudation)
- Sweda means sweat which is the mala through which pitta is eliminated. The therapies which help in producing perspiration are called swedana.
- In Swedana, certain procedures are done to dilate the srotas and to make the body sweat. This is done after sneha therapy. Swedana works in conjunction with sneha to facilitate the removal of ama and mala from the srotas and dhatus and to transport them back to the kostha (Gastrointestinai tract).
- It can be done in specific parts or all over the body
- It is mainly indicated for kapha and vata diseases.
A. Types of swedana
It is classifted into 4 main types
Sweating using hot sand.Used in Ama vata (acute rheumatic conditions)
2. Upanaha sweda - Poultices
Powders of herbs and food grains are mixed with vinegar, oil and a little salt .warmed, applied on specific parts which are then covered by leaves and cloth tightly.It is done in night and removed in the morning
3. Drava sweda Fomentation with warm liquids
A.Pariseka - Dhara (pouring warm liquids). E.g. Decoctions of anti vata herbs are used in Ama vata
B.Avagaha - Tub bath
4. Usma sweda
a. Pinda sweda (fomentation using bolus)
b.Nadi sweda (fomentation using tube)
c.Kuti sweda (sweat house)
this all type of swedana done in our vishwavallabh ayurvedic panchakarma center,nashik-pune.
Signs of proper swedana
- Disappcarance of cold and pain
- Softness, alertness, free movements of joints, normal skin, normal appetite etc.
- If done in excess. pitta and rakta will be vitiated.
- Thirst,giddiness,pain, rashes can manifest.
How is Non-Surgical Hair Replacement Done?
You don’t like Surgery but still want to bring back a healthy, bouncy hair in your head?
Why not do a little legwork regarding Non-Surgical Treatments for your Hair. These could be the rugs you’ve been ignoring before. Right now, Non-Surgical Hair Replacements can bring out a natural and refined looking hair that exceeds your expectation.
Through using 100% of Human Hair, most individual now are just utilizing as part of their fashion statement. However, if you are suffering from medical issues, you really need to know how this Hair Replacement System works for you and your hair loss problem.
When you say ‘Hair System’ or ' Hair Patch ' or ' Hair Skin ', it pertains to a certain portion of your hair created to replace your missing hair. Usually High-End Hair System or Hair Patch is specifically custom-made and created to fit your head with the help of Pure Human Hair. For guys out there, Hairpiece could be located on the crown down to cover-up Male Pattern Baldness. For women, it typically lies on the top of their head right on the receding line or anywhere they are missing their locks.
In this treatment, a Membrane will be applied to the scalp filled with natural hair. When it is already attached to your scalp, this could be blended along with your Natural Hair which exists already to form a real-like look. With that, the hair on the membrane will be harmonized on that existing hair in terms of thickness and colour. Such attachment needs the involvement of Modern Bonding Materials to secure it and make your more confident while wearing it.
Depending on your preference, budget, and Hair Loss Situation, you should know that there are plethora of options to achieve that natural-looking hair to camouflage your missing hair. Moreover, the price and quality basically depends on your hair type, the way it will be attached, your chosen base as well as the way it will maintained and serviced.