Doctors in Breach Candy Hospital
Treatment of Headaches
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Painful Teething
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Submit a review for Breach Candy HospitalYour feedback matters!
Cervical cancer is a malignancy that grows in the lining of the cervix. Cervical cancer screening includes 2 types of screening tests such as HPV testing and the Cytology based screening. The Cytology based screening is also referred to as Pap smear. The abnormal cells that can develop into cancer, if they are left untreated, can be detected with the Pap test. It is the best method for preventing cervical cancer and even to check for the HPV Virus. Pap tests are done in different ways but the most common method is to brush the cells off to get a sample from the cervical region. These cells are then sent to the lab for testing which is done by placing them on a glass slide and observing them under a microscope.
When cervical cancer screening should be done-
It is necessary for women to get the cervical screening done at the age of 21 years. Pap test should be done every 3 years by women who are between the ages of 21-29 years and unless it is really needed the HPV test need not be done. Whereas women who are in between the ages of 30-65 should get the Pap test as well as the HPV test once in 5 years.
The precancerous changes in the cervix can be detected through the Pap smear screening. The number of deaths that have occurred due to this cancer have been reduced by using this effective screening tool which was introduced 50 years ago. The possible causes of cervical cancer are a weak immune system, smoking, consuming oral contraceptives and having several sexual partners.
Important Guidelines to Follow
Women who are over 65 years and who have done regular Pap smear screening over the past 10 years must not do the screening tests unless they have any serious pre-cancers found.
Women of any age must not opt for any of the screening methods every year. Even women who have removed their cervix and uterus must not do the screening tests.
Many women feel that they do not have to do the screening tests after they have delivered or birth of a child but it is not true. The main benefit of screening is that most cervical cancers can be prevented and it is the best way to find abnormal changes in the cervical cells.
Why cervical cancer screening is important?
The cervical cancer screening is an important test in the health checkup for women. There are certain risks involved in cervical screening and it is better to consult the doctor for advice on the right age to do the screening and how often it must be done. These days there are vaccines available that are used to prevent infections by targeting the several strains of HPV. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
People are sometimes found to visit a doctor with lower abdominal pain or with the symptoms like burning or bleeding while urinating. These are the most common symptoms of kidney stone. When the liquidity of your urine gets affected and becomes too concentrated, this allows deposition of hard substances in your urinary system thus forming stones in your kidney. This may even be due to the dehydration and lack of intake of water. In allopathy there is no such way other than surgery which involves both physical and emotion suffering on the one hand and incorporates a huge expenditure on the other while homoeopathic treatment not only cures kidney stone, beside this, it entirely ameliorate the propensity of your system to form stones.
Regarding the homoeopathic remedies:
In homoeopathic literature, there are mentions of hundred of remedies to cure kidney stone.
- In Case Of Left Sided Kidney Stone: If you feel a heavy pain in the kidney region aggravated by any kind of body movement basically in the morning and if the pain extends from your back to urinary bladder, then it is more likely to have the stone in your left kidney. Berberis Vulgaris is the most effective homoeopathic medicine in this case.
- What To Do With Intense Burning While Passing Urine: Cantharis is one of the excellent homoeopathic medication recommended with the symptom of intense burning while passing urine. It is a kind of situation when one is found with a frequent urge for urinating.
- For Right Sided Kidney Stone: Most of the doctors have found Lycopodium as the most effective medication for curing right sided kidney. One of the characteristic symptoms of having the stone in right sided kidney is the presence of red sand in urine. Sarsaparilla is suggested by the doctor if there is presence of white sand in urine.
- About ‘The Stone Breaker’: Hydrangea, popularly known as ‘the stone breaker' is one of the most recognised homoeopathic medicine for the kidney stone. The specialist homoeopathic practitioners have considered that from the magnitude of its results it is no exaggeration to call it as stone breaker because it has proven itself over and over again.
- For Severe Pain In Urinal Bluder: Patients who are found with severe pain in urinal bladder are generally prescribed Cantharis by the doctors. Cantharis works well for kidney stones on both sides but especially in the case of symptoms like burning, or if the urine passes drop by drop, the sudden appearance of blood in urine, then Cantharis come out with the most desirable results.
- In Case Of Violent Kidney Pain: Pareira Brava is one of the highly regarded homoeopathic medicines which is prescribed for violent kidney pain. Sometimes the pain gets so acute that it radiates down the thigh or in some cases even down to the feet. Pareira Brava is the most functional medicine in this case.
Though all the medicines mentioned above are commonly preferred by the homoeopathic doctors all over the world, without the proper dose and use depending on the immensity of the ailment a potential treatment of kidney stone cannot be done. It is why you should avoid self-medication. So before you begin your treatment you are advised to consult a specialised practitioner.
Hair transplantation surgery is a procedure where the hair follicles are taken from a donor site (usually the side or back of the head) and implanted on the recipient site that is on the area of baldness. This is a common treatment for men with androgenic alopecia (male pattern baldness) where the hair follicles reduce due to the influence of androgenic hormones. It can also help women with female pattern baldness.
Many people have reservations about the procedure but hair transplantation comes with a number of advantages, such as:
Natural growth after surgery - The biggest and most obvious benefit of hair transplantation is that it improves your physical appearance and eliminates the problem of balding completely. This is because the implanted hair follicles continue their natural growth process after they have been transplanted. So, your hair does not look artificial. Premature bald spots often result in low self-esteem and self-confidence issues which can be effectively addressed by the surgery.
Uniform distribution of hair follicles. Hair transplantation with latest techniques gives natural distribution of hair and proper coverage to bald areas.
Easy procedure and no side effects - The operation is done under local anaesthesia. You will feel no pain throughout the procedure. Very comfortable procedure and you will be awake throughout the procedure. This surgery is done at the level of skin and this is not related to the brain. There is no side effect of this surgery. Today, the surgeons mostly use micro grafts which are placed in such a way that all bald spots are covered with minimal effort.
One-time procedure - Hair transplantation is the only permanent solution of baldness. No medical treatment for baldness is permanent. Once hair transplantation has been done, it lasts a lifetime. Since the grafts are made of your own hair, they continue to grow naturally throughout your lifetime allowing you to cut or style your hair as you wish.
If you are a heavy drinker and you are having problems with your sex life, they are likely to be caused because of your alcohol consumption. Sex and alcohol are not considered to be a good mixture. Although a small amount of alcohol is harmless, moderate to heavy drinking can hamper your sex life in several ways. Moreover, alcohol is very dangerous for pregnant women.
Alcohol can lead to sexual problems and issues in both men and women. It can also make them behave in a different and unusual manner, which may lead them into having sex with people who are unsuitable. It makes people take unnecessary risks and many get infected with sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Unwanted pregnancy after having sex is a common aspect in today’s world. Alcohol also makes people likely to be victims of sexual attacks.
The bad effects of alcohol on your sex life
There are several bad effects of alcohol which take a toll on your sexual life. They are as follows:
- Alcohol may make people more likely to engross in sexual activity with the wrong person. Getting pregnant, catching infections and embarking in affairs which lead to the breakup of many marriages are common effects of alcohol. Alcohol is a primary reason for the demand of the emergency contraceptive or morning after pill, all over the world.
- Alcohol fuddles up people's brain and many of them forget to take proper contraceptive precautions before having sex.
- Alcohol is very harmful for unborn babies in pregnant women. It may cause brain damage to the baby. You should consume alcohol as less as possible during pregnancy and totally avoid it during the first three months of pregnancy.
- Alcohol accounts for being a major cause of erectile dysfunction or impotence in men. Alcohol may increase your sexual desire, but it reduces your performance.
- Men who are heavy drinkers may develop a permanent case of brewer’s droop. Loss of sexual interest is also likely.
- Excessive alcohol may lead to diminished or reduced libido in women as well. It is yet to be proven whether alcohol causes any other sexual complications in women.
If you are facing problems with excessive alcohol consumption and it is affecting your sex life, you need to take some steps. It is recommended to consult an alcohol counsellor or join the Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) group.
Gallstones can be the cause behind quite some pain and discomfort if not treated by an Ayurvedic medical expert. This helps you get over the ailment before it can inflict any more pain. Before learning about the treatments for the condition, it is important to learn what exactly is a gallstone? A gallstone as the name suggests is a peculiar stone-like formation found in the gall bladder. The stones vary in size and number from person to person and are mainly constituted from bile components that settle inside gallbladder. Gallstones as mentioned above are only stone-like formations and not really stones. They are formed from the cholesterol, bilirubin and salt contained in the bile.
How are gallstones diagnosed?
In the majority of cases, it becomes impossible to detect whether a person has gallstones or not. It is only when the stones close or block a specific duct and become the cause for inflicting some pain, does the chance of the presence of a gallstone crosses the mind. In case one is undergoing similar pain in the stomach, it is advised that you make your way immediately to an Ayurvedic medical expert, who will help you to recover from the condition with 100% natural medicines and treatments, with no side effects whatsoever.
Different types of Gallstones:
Another thing to be noted, before you start treatment for gallstones, is their type. There are distinctly two different types of gall stones. These are-
- Pigment Stones: Pigments stones are smaller in size compared to the cholesterol stones and are usually larger in number and darker in colour. The main building component of these pigment stones is bilirubin. The bilirubin, in turn, comes from the bile, which is an enzyme secreted by the liver and carried into the gallbladder to be stored there.
- Cholesterol Stones: The Cholesterol stones, on the other hand, are the most common kind of gallstone there is. 80% of the times, patients are detected to have cholesterol stones. These stones are characterised with a yellowish green colour.
Causes leading to Gallstone:
Only when gallstones reach a particular size or an overwhelming number that they start blocking ducts, which in turn cause the pain. But what results in the formation of these gallstones? There are a number of things that can lead to the formation of these stone like formations in your gallbladder. Some of these reasons include-
- Increase in weight
- A non-efficiently functioning gallbladder
- Following a wrong diet
- Over consumption of cholesterol rich food
- Genes, and most commonly
While these are the common causes for bile stones, the most common causes of pigment stones are certain kinds of medical conditions, such as- sickle cell anaemia or other blood diseases and cirrhosis of the liver.
Ayurvedic cures for Gallstones:
According to Ayurveda, there are three doshas, namely the Kapha, pitta, and Vata, which lead to the formation of gallstones. Opting for Ayurvedic treatment helps you eliminate the requirement of harsh allopathic medication or for that matter surgery. The three major point covered by Ayurvedic treatment for gallstones include- modification in diet, herbal and all natural Ayurvedic medication and detoxification.
Ayurvedic gallstone treatment includes detoxification, herbal medications and diet modifications. A common therapy is a liver flush, which can include olive oil, lemon juice and spices. Citrus fruits, vitamin C, tumeric and ginger may assist with reducing cholesterol in the gallbladder to prevent its buildup. You can also place a castor oil pack over the gallbladder area to purportedly alleviate pain and inflammation, improve circulation and promote healing of damaged tissues.
Naturopathic Treatment for Gallstones:
Gallstone treatment requires altering carbohyderate and lipid metabolism of the entire body, especially of the liver. This will mostly involve changing the foods you eat, as well as adding specific supplements to encourage particular biochemical paths in the body. The details of this process consist of three major categories of actions.
- Normalize bile composition leaving the liver
- Dissolve existing gallstones in the gallbladder
- Prevent the reabsorption of bile and cholesterol in the small intestine
Naturopathic treatment will start with a high-quality nutrition program made to reduce your body's tendency to produce excess cholesterol. It will also use a variety of nutritional supplements to break up fat deposits in the liver. Still other agents, both herbs and supplements, can dissolve existing gallstones. The exact details will vary from one individual to another depending on your medical history. As always in Naturopathic Medicine, the treatment program is customized to you and your individual situation.
Watching porn can be pleasurable and invoke your intimate desires. Since talking about intimate relations is considered as a taboo and most children in our country don’t receive proper education, they resort to porn videos that give them a false idea of reality. Little do they know that the actual acts are nothing like the ones they see in these adult videos. Looking at men with chiseled bodies, women with hourglass figures and extremely spicy sex lives can, unfortunately, lower your confidence. After all, not everyone can attain these. Nonetheless, one can always engage in the act of self-satisfaction or masturbation by watching these videos. Masturbation is one of the underrated pleasures of the world and pornography does the trick here; it not only gets you sexually aroused but also helps you in reaching an utterly satisfying climax.
These thought process may include the habit of watching porn. Wait! Did you say Porn? Now before we jump to conclusion and sing hymns that porn is bad for you, let us look at it from a different perspective. Sure it could have a negative impact if you are addicted to it, but let’s say for a minute that you have a habit of watching porn occasionally. Is it really that bad for you as spread across in social circles? Let’s find out!
Watching porn: Ask any kid why he would want to watch porn and almost two out of three answers would be that they need a quick fix in their “Me Time”. Our human brain varies a lot and though everyone would disregard this, our mind always yearns for variance and adventure. Porn in a way gives this to them. The experience of watching something new or something which is not the usual norm accelerates the hormone process and this directly makes you cum earlier. Of course, this may pave the way for premature ejaculation and can also affect your libido levels. But that is a topic for a different discussion.
Positive consequences of Watching Porn: One of the few good things about porn is that it determines what scintillates you and what type of guy you are. It also in a way allows you to develop standards while pleasing a woman. Love making is not just an ejaculation process. It is rightly called an art. Do explore more and porn if channelled in a right way can actually be good for you. However, there is a very thin line between good and the bad side of porn. Just make sure that you are not addicted to it.
Increased Sexual Energy: Almost 75% of the population would get excited about porn. Psychologists say that this is not a bad thing and they can channel this need into a positive sexual energy. Porn can increase your libido levels and if you combine this with deep inner exercises like meditation and breathing exercises, then you can be greatly benefited by it. Though it sounds a bit absurd, experts would like us to try it out.
Last Longer: While porn can make you come earlier, alternatively it can help you relax and you can take your time to get an orgasm. This happens in the advanced stages and you need to know a couple of factors before you get to this level. One is you need to know your limit and the permissible lines when you watch porn. Second, don’t overdo porn. These might take some years to practice but once you have mastered it, porn can actually be an alleviating experience for you with mental harmony and peace. You can also go for ayurvedic treatment package for masturbation.
Postpartum hemorrhage is a condition where a woman may lose a lot of blood (approximately 500ml to 1000ml) from her vulva shortly after childbirth. This usually occurs within the first 24 hrs of childbirth and can even result in severe blood loss threatening the mother’s life in case the blood loss is over 2000 ml. Secondary postpartum hemorrhage can also occur until 12 weeks after childbirth and this extra care should be taken, if there is any such possibility.
Symptoms of postpartum hemorrhage:
1. Rapid increase in heart rate.
2. Feeling dizzy while standing up.
3. Increase breathing rate.
4. Feeling cold and chilly even if the room temperature is normal.
5. Sudden fall in blood pressure levels.
6. Fainting or becoming unconscious.
Causes of postpartum hemorrhage:
- Uterine atony: This is a condition in which the uterus contracts and may lead to excessive bleeding. Infection in the placental tissue can also lead to postpartum hemorrhage.
- Trauma: This is a very common cause for postpartum hemorrhage. Sometimes, the uterus (womb), vagina, cervix (passage forming the lower end of the womb) and the perineum (area between the vulva and the anus) can get injured. These areas become vascular during the course of pregnancy and may rupture in the process of childbirth causing excessive bleeding.
- Tissue: At times, the whole placenta or fetus tissue does not come out of the body after childbirth. This can lead to profound blood loss resulting in postpartum hemorrhage.
- Thrombin: This is a disorder which occurs when there is excessive bleeding when the blood fails to clot inside the body.
How can you prevent postpartum haemorrage?
- Oxytocin is a substance which is used after the delivery of the baby. This prevents postpartum hemorrhage. It can be administered in the following ways :
- As an injection which is directly injected into the blood stream.
- After delivery, breastfeeding your baby can also trigger natural oxytocin. This occurs as encouraging the baby to suckle also stimulates the nipples which release oxytocin, thus preventing postpartum hemorrhage.
- In the form of intravenous drips mixed in with important medications. IV drips can administer oxytocin along with other important fluids along with it.
- Uterine massage is also recommended to prevent postpartum hemorrhage. After delivery, massaging the uterus makes the muscles relax and contract. This reduces the risks of excessive bleeding.
A lot of women can also die due to excessive bleeding after childbirth, especially in developing countries including India. This is a cause for concern and proper care should be taken if you start experiencing these symptoms.
The cornea is the transparent layer of the eye that acts as a protective shield. The cornea, in combination with the sclera, protects the eyes from various harmful microorganisms and particulate matter, including the harmful UV radiations (to some extent). The cornea is made up of three important layers, the Endothelium, Stroma, and the Epithelium.
- Endothelium: The inner layer of the cornea, the endothelium helps to maintain a clear vision by removing the excess fluid absorbed by the stroma. The mitochondria-rich single celled layer functions more like a pump.
- Stroma: The middle corneal layer is extremely thick (~90% of the total corneal thickness) and composed mainly of proteins and fluids. Like the endothelium, the stroma, too, plays a pivotal role in the normal eye vision.
- Epithelium: Being the outermost layer, the epithelium functions as a defensive shield, protecting the eyes from harmful germs, bacteria and any matter that can harm the eye. Most importantly, the epithelium absorbs the essential nutrients and oxygen (present in the tears). The cornea, thus, plays a pivotal role in the normal vision of the eye. However, an injury or an infection can interfere with the corneal functioning, affecting a person's vision as well as giving rise to other complications (the eyes may appear itchy, watery and red. There may also be light sensitivity).
Some of the common cornea problems include
- Keratitis: Injury or microbial (bacteria, virus or fungi) infiltration of the cornea can trigger this condition resulting in corneal infection and inflammation. Some of the symptoms characteristic of keratitis include extreme light sensitivity, blurred vision. The inflammation can also result in redness, pain (moderate to severe) and watery eyes. Antifungal, antiviral or steroidal eye drops may provide relief from the associated symptoms.
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster): This condition mainly affects people who have suffered from chickenpox. In some cases, the virus though inactive may still be present in the body (in the nerves). However, at a later period, certain factors may trigger its activation. Once active, the virus can affect different parts of the body, including the cornea. Shingles can cause corneal soreness and inflammation. Old people and those with a weak immunity are more likely to suffer from shingles. People with shingles may benefit from the administration of steroidal (tropical) and antiviral eye drops.
- Ocular Herpes: This is a viral infection triggered by Herpes Simplex Virus I (HSV I) or Herpes Simplex Virus II (HSV II) resulting in herpes of the cornea. The condition gives rise to corneal inflammation and sores. Here too, the patient can get some relief by using antiviral or steroidal eye drops.
- Keratoconus: This is a degenerative disorder of the cornea that results in thinning of the cornea. The condition can also alter the corneal shape, resulting in swelling, pain, and loss of vision (partial to complete, particularly the night vision).
- Fuchs' Dystrophy: This is a corneal dystrophy whereby the corneal endothelial cells break down at a slower rate than usual. As a result, the stroma may be waterlogged resulting in swelling and blurred vision.
On the other hand, lipofilling, a relatively recent procedure which involves grafting the individual's own fat to the parts of the body that need filling. Liposuction is used to remove fat from various parts of the body. Lipofilling involves grafting the fats taken out by liposuction to the areas that require it. Both the procedures address the following areas:
2. Face & Neck
4. Thighs and Calves
7. Arms and many other areas.
The procedural differences
The basic difference between the two procedures can be seen in the two words itself. In the context of fat displacement, one involves suction while the other involves filling. Liposuction involves removal of the fat while lipofilling takes an extra step to allocate the fat to the required parts of the body. Lipofilling is popular for enhancing the Buttocks also. This procedure is well known as Brazilian Buttock Lift.
Reasons for utilizing these procedures
Both the procedures are opted for various reasons. Liposuction is used for reducing double cheeks, fat bulges, removing excess fats for improved sexual function or for rectifying body irregularities which cause difficulty in movement. On the other hand, lipofilling is used for breast augmentation, creating smoother contours in various parts of the body and for grafting additional muscle mass in more prominent parts of the body. The type of people likely to use it Liposuction in general would be opted by people with fat bulges while on the other hand lipofilling would be opted by people with contour deficits.
Ever heard of that phrase “I can taste bile at the back of my mouth”? It is generally used to express disgust. However, in medical parlance, ‘bile’, the English synonym for disgust, plays an important role in the digestive system. It helps in the digestion of fats (breaks the fats down to smaller particles) and contains the waste products of the blood. Bile is secreted from the gallbladder which is a small organ (sac-shaped) present below the liver.
Gallbladder surgery is carried out to treat gallbladder related problems such as gallbladder stones. Presence of gallstones in the gallbladder can hamper bile production. The symptoms that you may experience include feeling unwell and fatigued, the color of the skin turning yellow and an intense tummy ache. The first method of treatment for gallstones is to dissolve them with the help of natural means. However, if this does not work, then gallbladder surgery is done.
A pre-surgery assessment is carried out by the doctor a few weeks prior to the surgery. A general health check and blood tests are carried out to determine the procedure of the surgery. Your concerns regarding the surgery are addressed by the doctor; he/she also advises you on how to prepare for your surgery.
Gallbladder surgery can be performed in two ways; an open surgery or a laparoscopic surgery. The type of surgery you will undergo will depend on your tests.
- Laparoscopic surgery: In this procedure, an incision is made on the belly button (naval region). Following this, two or three other incisions are made on the right side of the stomach. Carbon dioxide is then pumped into the stomach to make the abdomen inflated and a laparoscope is then inserted to see the insides of the abdomen. Through the other incisions, surgical instruments are inserted to remove the gallbladder. Once the removal procedure is completed, the carbon dioxide is pumped out and the incisions are closed.
- Open surgery: In an open surgery, a larger incision (as compared to laparoscopic surgery) is made in the abdomen, right below the ribs. The gallbladder is removed using surgical instruments and then the incision is closed.
- Post-surgery: In case of laparoscopic surgery, the recovery period is shorter; around two weeks. An open surgery, on the other hand, requires a longer recovery period of 6-8 weeks. You can live a normal life without the gallbladder, as the bile will then directly travel to the digestive system. Mild symptoms of diarrhea and bloating may be experienced. However, they should be temporary and subside within a few days.