Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Samriti Makkar Midha
Treatment of Depression
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Trichotillomania
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Treatment of Autistic Spectrum Disorder
Submit a review for Ms. Samriti Makkar MidhaYour feedback matters!
I am a regular student and my weight has been a topic of stress for me since a few days. Since a very long time i'm trying to put on some weight. Tried a lot of things but nothing seems to work. Need some advice.
In the modern day lifestyle, it is extremely difficult to be stress free. Even a tiny situation like losing your pen to a something like meeting a deadline at work can cause stress. Stress acts like a catalyst to different diseases like high cholesterol, hypertension, cardiac diseases, etc. You cannot avoid stress, but what you can do is help yourself fight it; and you can actually fight stress with the help of food as well. Here are a few food items which will help you with your fight against stress:
- Chocolate: Chocolate is one of the best stress busters. It contains magnesium, phenyl ethyl amine and carbohydrates, all of which help lift your spirits. Chocolate helps in the reduction of stress hormones, helping you to relax.
- Coffee: Coffee helps your brain signal the production of BDNF (a brain derived protein), which helps to keep your brain cells healthy. A low level of BDNF can cause a lot of stress and depression. Coffee triggers many neurotransmitters, which control your mood changes; so may be a cup or two of coffee will help your to be chirpier.
- Green leafy vegetables: All green leafy vegetables like spinach contain a high quantity of magnesium. Magnesium prevents headaches and fatigue, which in turn reduces stress.
- Black Tea: Black tea can relieve you of stress, quicker than any other food item. Black tea reduces the amount of cortisol, a hormone which causes stress, and gives you a feeling of calmness.
- Milk: Milk contains calcium, which is known to ease anxiety and control sudden mood swings related to PMS or post menstrual stress.
- Bananas: Bananas have a huge content of dopamine, which is a natural chemical that works towards boosting your mood. This is the same chemical released in your body after a session of working out. Bananas also have a lot of potassium and B group vitamins which work towards soothing your nervous system and a lot of magnesium which brings in positivity to your mood.
- Almonds: Almonds are rich in vitamin E and group B vitamins, which will help you to be more resilient when you are depressed or anxious.
So if you are stressed out, pop in a few almonds or have a cup of tea, and release your stress.
I' m 33 yrs old male, have been suffering from anti-depression last 15 yrs, have any suggestion for me. I' m taking medicine continuing without any stop till now, when will I completely stop my medicine and any side effects to take medicine for long time. Thanking you.
I remain depressed whole day. When I have to go job interview and exam. My heartbeat being very fast. So I remain unemployed now. I have also panic anxiety. Give a quick solution.
I'd like to know, What are the natural Ways to purify lungs from nicotine and tar caused by smoking?
I'm a 22 year old male dating since 3 years currently finished engineering. I have been already cheated once by her as she had sex with her best friend. I forgave her as she told me the truth and was feeling guilty abaout that and it was not fully her fault. She is now finally in Lucknow as research fellow but before going she told she is attracted to a guy and also says she would kiss him or feel the heat and if she likes it she might sleep with him and also claimed being a nymphomaniac. She loves me a lot and said will not leave me but sleeping for our needs is not cheating she says. I explained the consequences of the deeds and also wept in distress. She finally promised she won't do anything that would hurt me. How to overcome the situation and should I trust her? I can't really live without her.
Things do not change; we change.
Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.
In times of great stress or adversity, it's always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive.
Success cannot come from standstill men. Methods change and men must change with them.
We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment.
The future is purchased by the present.
I think that there is nothing, not even crime, more opposed to poetry, to philosophy, ay, to life itself than this incessant business.