Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Depression
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Trichotillomania
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Treatment of Autistic Spectrum Disorder
Submit a review for Ms. Samriti Makkar MidhaYour feedback matters!
Tips for seven healthy life.
1. Eat healthy
2. Maintain body weight
3. Maintain BP
4. Control cholesterol
5. Maintain good blood sugar level
6. Regular exercise for 30 min, 5 days a week
7. Quit smoking
My father is addicted to. Alcohol and his liver is quite damaged. What are the possible ways, by which he can leave his addiction. I also want to order a breathlyser to check him, what would be the appropriate company to order it.
My age is 19. Weight 60. Whole day only study. No exercise. Exam is on ahead. Want to keep myself mentally & physically fit. What shall I do. What will my diet I. E. Which type of food do I take or don't to increase my power of remembering.
Most mental and emotional health issues are inconspicuous in nature and, therefore, cause more harm than they otherwise should, most people still live with a number of symptoms of depression without even realizing it or do little to address it. When the depressive symptoms last for more than 2 weeks and affect the individual's personal, social or occupational life, it is known as clinical depression or major depression. There is often a delay in opting for the treatment because of the social taboo associated with depression.
Depression makes a person miserable, disappointed, restless or numb for long and tedious timeframes, and is debilitating, particularly when they can't demonstrate their feelings and worries to anybody. It can meddle with their productivity and can become a concern not only in workplaces, but also in social circles.
So here's how to deal with a friend or family member in a depressed state of mind:
- Be considerate: Do understand that depression doesn't mean" trouble". Melancholy is a condition with an assortment of side effects like exhaustion, confused mind state and rest issues. These are all side effects of melancholy. Crabbiness is an exceptionally basic side effect, which once in a while is encountered by many individuals, and can lead to an expanded sensitivity. Normally, it's difficult to be sympathetic with someone who is behaving grumpily. But you need to make a conscious effort to still see the positive in depressed individuals and lead them to hope.
- Encourage and support: Try not to shame people for being negative. Dejection changes the world into a scene of pessimism. Discouraged individuals don't just focus on the negatives, but they also disregard the positives.
- Do validate: Approval can help manage a depressed state, and can wean a friend or family member out of depression. Remember that someone with dejection is not living in the same universe as you. The laws that oversee your universe don't exist in theirs.Depressed individuals require your understanding, your empathy, and your affection, considerably more when they are having a troublesome day, week or month. It is hard, but possible. Discouraged individuals value a positive backing in particular.
- Never say 'you're too much': When someone with depression is told "you're too much" particularly by somebody near them, it can send them spiralling into blame and nervousness and bitterness. Being encouraging and empowering is likewise useful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
I am 23 years of age, my name is Akash Srivastava and I belong to INDIA. I do not know but I try to concentrate on studies and topics but my concentration is very less and also I feel light head as if every time my brain is dull. Also I have memory issues. Is this sought of a disorder or what. Please mail me corresponding this issue. Thank you.
I am 22 years old guy from Hyderabad. I am through an emotional depression because of my parents divorce, unemployment and break up with loved one! Help me!
My brother is 14 years old. Since his childhood he posses with very aggressive nature, stubborn, and very selfish. He can stand with anyone & he don't have any friend. He always think of himself that's why he fought with every one n don't listen to any one and got irritated on small things. Once we can consider this a personality trait or variety in child behavior. But he doesn't think & speak according to his age. He is 14 n talks likes a 8-10 years boy. He got irritated on very small things. Sometimes without any reason n when he is angry he gets mad, he hurt himself physically, slaps himself very tightly, eat rotten things & vegetables peels, once he dipped his slipper in tea n drink dat. He licks slipper also. He often threaten us that he will kill himself, send him to orphanage, I don't want to live long, everyone scolds me, no one can stop this at dat time, physically also he can't be control, he throw things, clothes, mobile etc. And few time he wounded himself wife fork, once threatening with knife. And he don't want to go school, he got irritated on teachers. About one - one month he didn't go to exams even sometimes skip his exams also. He got beaten very badly 4 dis thing bt nothing works, he is used to with this. Ne never cries when he was beaten, nor a single tear appears into his eyes. He'll die bt nvr go. No power on earth can change his mind. Even I got hurts wen I saw this and marks on his body bt de did not feel anything n after some time he behaves normally. Don't have any regret that is doing wrong. No stress or pain can not be seen on his face. Infact he fully enjoys whole day. And in addition he make high demands n few times he put conditions for going school. And wen his demand get full filled he happily go 2-4 day again got irregular. He is in 8th standard and I didn't think he had continuously attend d school more than a week. We have changed so many schools bt he never get comfortable in any school. Till 3rd he was comfortable but nor regular there also. He always got 94-98% till den. Bt after completed dat primary school he is transformed. He don't have adjusting & compromising nature not even for his parents or siblings. He loves his family a lot n also can't live without us. But for him HE himself comes first. On 5 JUNE OUR "MOM EXPIRED" due to Cancer. He lover her a lot n got pampered by her a lot. She was d only one who calm down her mostly & convince him to go school. He always sleep wit mom. He calls her to make him sleep. N after that she can go. BT now he never talks about her n did not said to anyone dat he misses her. 4-5 days he talks abt her. He has very easily excepted her death. Dat was surprising. It was not easy for his age. We were in hospital n was mentally prepared. He calls every hour to know abt her n we never tell d truth n said pray 4 her. He was very concern n whole time pray 4 her. Now he is 2 times more arrogant n rude, n dangerous for himself. He has quit his studies, whole day wat h TV or play games on mob. N always laying on bed whole day. Very rarely he sits when he is asked to do. In dat also he gets irritated. Now he never talks politely wid us esp wen we asked about him or his hygiene. He has become so lazy that he CNT give one glass water to anyone. That's a huge burden 4 him. His body reaction n face expressions reveal every thing. Sometimes he is talks very friendly. Wen ever I got sick he do a lot work. Make tea 4 me. Bring everything which I asked. Days d whole story & in this session he has attended classes max 10 days. He had d worst bad habit of chewing sweet flavoured supari. Since 6-8 months he is addicted to that BT now from a month he is eating 20-25 packets per day. Sometimes more dis also. His health is getting down. Whats can be d reason 4 his behaviour. Now its at peak and effected by his. Addiction also. Dat doesn't contains tobacco bt there is something in dat which makes him addicted to this level. Once I have eaten dat head started shaking 4 few sec. N rechecking dis twice, result was d same. Even I also got effected n wanted to eat that again. He is trying to leave bt his efforts fail every time. Since last 4 days he has reduced to 2-3packets n sometimes whole day he did not eat. We can't blame mom's death or eating supari as since childhood he is irritating n runs away from school. Now that had increase to max. He didn't listen to anyone nor he is afraid of anything. Sometimes listen to me bt put one desire or demand. 1. What's d permanent solution of this problem? We are now polite with him and dealing him with love n didn't force 4 anything, bt this alone can't work. 2.Did I need to refer a neuro-physician first. May be he had some hormonal disturbance/disbalance since childhood. 3.Or is this a complete psychological case?
I am 25 year old. I feel I am in depression. I am taking tablet of zossert 50mg. Please help me to come from it.
For 2 years she is suffering from tasteless problems. She don't identify the taste of any food. She consult to 10-12 doctors in different cities but still there is no change. Please give me suggestions that what can I really do for her as now she is depressed day by day.
Dear sir I truly love my gf Am completely addicted to her All my family members are against me please can you guys help me to get her I can not even think a life without my gf (Actually I do not need medicines here I just need your help please help me.
The pressing urge to do loads in a short span of time, to plan life in a day, to see dreams unfurl into reality at the slightest of efforts inundates millions across the world. It is neither about the goals one sets before oneself nor about rational expectations arising from the awareness of one's capabilities. The problem runs deeper. Happiness and health are two elemental factors discerning the quality of your life. Happiness is directly proportional to your personal health. Neglecting one will affect the other. The best way to cope in the given situation is to take a detour from the overriding rat race. While others are in a hurry, you must slow down and care to nurture your mind and body.
Take a look at the benefits of slowing down:
- It will give you ample time to interact: Moving out of your comfort zone in order to exchange ideas with colleagues or friends plays an eminent role in shaping your personality. Interaction provides a person with food for thought. Therefore slowing down a little will encourage a free flow of countless ideas.
- It will encourage you to pursue a hobby: Hobbies keep you alive. You should take out time to pursue an interest. This is a tried and tested way of rekindling happiness in one's life.
- It will make you attentive towards others: A fast life shelters you within its clutches. You fail to take note of the changes in and around you. Going slow will let you take care of your loved ones.
- It will enable you to see your inimitability: Once you slow down, you'll find time to introspect and retrospect as well. A person can come to realize how unique he or she is in this vast scope of things.
- It will improve your sex life: Dopamine is the chief chemical that regulates a person's sexual desires. Increased levels of stress can hamper the production of dopamine making you lax about sex. Taking an easy pace can add zing to your sex life.
- It will keep your heart healthy: Being overly hyper about delay subjects you to the risk of heart diseases. You should never be frantic about plans; this can lead to high blood pressure or can even cause severe harm to your heart health.