Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Speech Therapists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Madhuri Kumar
Treatment of Stammering
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Autism
Treatment of Dyslexia
Hearing Impairment Treatment
Treatment of Autistic Spectrum Disorder
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Treatment of Speech Disorders
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Vocal Cord Dysfunction
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Submit a review for Ms. Madhuri KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old male. I can't speak the words in any language perfectly. My tongue could not spell some words correctly. This problem have since my childhood. If I am spoke some words they ask repeat again again. So. Please tell any solution.
I m 43 year old I m having speech problem. While talking, slightly stammer n stop in between talking n talking also very fast, also can not able to talk in public meeting due to fear of asham, is it possible to cure this problem now.
Sometimes when I am talking loudly I feel shortness of breath. This happens to me over 5 month. So I talk with low voice. Then it's not happen. So doctor please help me.
I am feeling so tired. Lack of sleep. Frustration. How can I be normal? I have stammering. Is there any remedial process which can make me cured? please help me.
I am 21years old man and I have stammering problem and my rate of speech is very high can you please tell me what should I do for come out of this problem. Is there any medicine for this. Regards Harsh sharma.
I am 21 years old and I have stammering problem sometime and while speeching some particular words like starting from- T, P etc, this starts after age of 15 when my head accidentally hit by a stone, what I do?
My Grandson is at present 11 years old. When he was born, he did not cry for some 30 seconds. Thereafter, when he was 6 months old, he started getting seizures. We gave him the best available treatment and seizures stopped after about 3 - 4 months treatment given by pediatric Neuro Physician. Afterwards, due to medicine effect or for any other reason, when he grew up, he had no speech and he was hyper-active. Even at present, he is speaking only Ba - Pappa- Dada. Only. He is hyper-active even today. He is otherwise normal except above difficulties. He eats, walks, sleeps regularly. He listens everything and understand what we say. We seek your expert advice for his speech problem as well as hyper-activeness. He is fond of viewing TV Ads and listening music through mobile. Please advise us. At present he is not taking any treatment as the treatments taken earlier, has no significant effect.
There are instances when a kid doesn’t show the usual signs of development compared to their peers. Most parents take it casually thinking that their child will catch up in due course only to find a larger problem associated with it. It is therefore extremely important to discuss speech and language related delays with a medical practitioner to find out whether a child is immature or has a genuine problem which requires medical help. A child can show different signs as per age:
Different age group:
- Within the first 12 months, a baby should be able to relate to his environment and make babbling and cooing sound. It is often observed that by month 9, a baby is capable of stringing sounds after seeing things. If a baby is intently watching objects, but is unable to make any sound, this may be an early symptom of speech or language related problem.
- Between the 12th and the 15th month, a baby should be capable of making a wide array of sounds including few commonly used words. Babies should also be able to take few basic instructions and oblige those.
- Between the age of 18th and 24th months, a baby becomes smart enough to pronounce anywhere in the range of 20 to 50 words. They also start combining words and make simple sentences. They should be capable of identifying common objects and remember their names.
- By the age of 3, a toddler should be smart enough to combine 4-5 words and form sentences. Kids of this age also become smart enough to take straightforward instructions and perform them comfortably. Any deviation on this should be immediately reported to the Doctor.
What are the warning signs?
- Fails to use gesture
- Use more gesture than vocalising by the age of 18 months
- Produce no voice by 18th-month
- Fails to perform simple instructions
A child between the age of 2-3 needs evaluation if:
- Capable of imitating words but isn’t spontaneous in vocalising
- Repeats certain words multiple times
- The tone of voice is unusual compared to his peers
Possible causes of speech and language delay:
- Problems with palate leading to oral impairments
- Short frenulum restricting sufficient tongue movement to produce speech
- Oral-motor problems leading to speech limitation
- Problems related to hearing
- Chronic infection of the ear leading to speech delay
What does the pathologist assess?
- What can the child speak?
- What can the child understand?
- Oral-motor status
- Clarity of speech
Post the above evaluation a pathologist directs a plan of action. Sometimes speech therapy sessions are recommended in order to improve kids’ skill. For a motor related problem, a doctor can state a plan of action and limit the expectation of parents. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Speech Therapist.