Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Geetanjali Ahuja Mengi
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Ms. Geetanjali Ahuja MengiYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I joined GMN Clinic in Bandra around 18 weeks ago. I lost nearly 12 kgs in 14 weeks. Now I feel very active and energetic! My digestion has improved and my skin also started glowing and i am very happy. I am looking very postive after consulting Dietician Geetanjali. I am very Thankful to her team who always motivated me. I love their App which made me in touch with all the dietician 24x7. But there is one thing I regret- All my clothes have become loose! All in all, I am very happy that I took the right decision of joining Geetanjali Medical Nutrition Clinic
WOW!! A Great experience.. with my weight loss never thought of losing so much weight with my eating habits. Overall i will recommend her to whoever wants to take the diet advice. she herself is so fit that I was easily drawn to her advice which has helped me a lot. I lost 10 kgs & i am pleased with her advice on diets as well as fitness.i had recommended her to my friends & they are also extremely satisfied with her. I would sincerely advise whoever is reading this to contact her for their benefit...
Hi I am very grateful to the Geetanjali and her team at kemp's corner branch as they helped me to lose 16 kgs in 13 weeks and very good waist line which helped me to wear my best of old clothes. They have not only guided me for weight loss, but also helped me in maintaining that weight loss now. Her FOOD REMINDER is a key of staying touch with my meals. Her Slim and Sleek program is a fantastic and her app really helped me to stay in touch with dieticians.
I lost nearly 10 kgs in 12 weeks. Now I feel very active and energetic! My digestion has improved and my skin also started glowing and i am very happy. I am looking very postive after consulting Dietician Geetanjali. I am very Thankful to her team who always motivated me. I love their App which made me in touch with all the dietician 24x7. I am very happy that I took the right decision of joining Geetanjali Medical Nutrition Clinic
Paragi Dabholkar- My Words will be less to write about Dietician Geetanjali. What a intelligent honest and knowledgeable person. Apart from losing 13 Kg in 3 months, i have lost a lot from my waist line. Her FOOD REMINDERS on my Phone, Diet Kit and App was very helpful. Her Dietician Sunita was in constant touch with me. I am very happy with my weight loss and recommend to every one who really want to lose Weight.
My Words will be less to write about Dietician Geetanjali. What a intelligent honest and knowledgeable person. Apart from losing 13 Kg in 3 months, i have lost . Her FOOD REMINDERS on my Phone, Diet Kit and App was very helpful.
I found the answers provided by the Ms. Geetanjali Ahuja Mengi to be sensible. Share feedback in your own words...
Ms. Geetanjali Ahuja Mengi provides answers that are helped me improve my health. Thank you very much
I have so much weakness in body I can't eat full plate food while eating food I get some vomit so what I should do.
Do weight gainers, protein shakes bad for health. I use them along with a proper workout under a trainers guidance, but recently a friend of mine suggested me to stop using them as he was suggested by his doctor for the same. Please answer?
His weight is continuously decreasing and he had been through lungs infection that been already cured and now there is pain in the backbone upper part sometimes symptoms of BP high and low sugar level is seen in him.
Doctor Do we gain weight if we eat lot of fruits? I eat a lot of fruits in a day like watermelon, banana, pineapple and grapes I heard we gain weight because of eating excess fruits Am I right? Thanks.
Five senses that human body has, one of most important sensory organics skin. If you protect your skin internally and externally, it enhances the look and gives confidence. Here are 5 golden rules of skincare that you will swear by
1. Hydration: Keeping the skin moist is the first among the golden rules. The skin is 64 percent water, so drinking plenty of water increases blood flow to the skin improving circulation making the skin look radiant. Knowing the type of your skin also helps to understand whether to hydrate it more than usual.
2. Protecting from Sun: The ultra violet rays of sun can really be hazardous to the skin. Using appropriate sun screen lotion with a good amount of SPF helps protecting skin from the harmful effects of sunlight. Harmful effects of sunlight includes tanning, burning sensation, scaling and also skin cancer. A daily moisturizer with a good SPF should be used to avoid any side effects of sunshine. Keep the glow on even while stepping in hot sun without covering your body, that’s the beauty of using moisturizer with SPF (Sun Protection Factor).
3. Stress protection: Pollution, stress and smoke harms the skin to no bounds. Cleansing before sleeping, consuming a lot of antioxidants help keeping skin fresh and healthy.
4. Effective makeup removal: Make-up around eyes should be removed religiously following a meticulous clean up routine. This would help eyes to feel fresh and the skin around eye would stay young.
5. Using Luke-warm water: Cleaning the face with lukewarm water prevents the harm which is caused to the skin by hot water. The hot water not only takes away natural oils of the skin but also cause dryness and irritation. Keeping your skin out of hot shower would help it look much younger.
Our school and college days play a vital role in our lives and the exam time is the most dreaded part of the year. Our parents tend to take special care of our health at this time as they don't want to us to get down with some sickness and not give our best in exams.
Research has proved that the food we eat directly affects our performance in exams. There are some food items that have to be taken and many that have to be avoided at this time.
1. Drink lot of water and drinks that make your body cool as studying late into the night will increase the body heat.
2. Eat fresh vegetables and fruits.
3. Almonds, other nuts and sprouts are a must in your diet.
4. Try Having Mixed Balance Diet- Moderate CHO, High protein with essential fats, this will help you to be more alert and avoid sleepiness during studies.
5. Include good quality proteins like Fish, Eggs, Milk products, Sprouts etc.
6. Munch Fruits and Vegetables in between as to keep going for long hours.
1. Avoid outside food till the end of exams.
2. Junk food and oily food slows down your body, so avoid it.
3. Do not take too much of coffee and tea for staying awake as they can cause acidity and heat burn.
4. Do not forget any meals but eat only for half your appetite or we will feel sleepy.
5. Avoid long gaps between meals.
6. Don't try any new meals.
These food habits are to be followed on a regular basis, but if it is not possible make sure it is followed during the exam time.
Many people feel hungry even after a good meal and never understand what the reason is for it. They may be many reasons why you still feel hungry after eating let us look at 5:-
Skipping Breakfast- If you have skipped your breakfast or didn’t have a good enough meal, your blood sugar levels may be affected which could leave on craving for food. It is important to have a full breakfast with a lot of whole grain and protein. This should help to keep you feeling full all day.
Drinking aerated juices and other soft drinks are high in sugar which will reduce blood flow in the part of the brain that regulates appetite. Your body can be tricked into thinking it needs more food by fructose, although you may have already eaten. This happens because it slows down the body’s ability to know we are full.
Sometimes you just may be hungry even after eating because you are dehydrated which expresses itself in hunger. If you still feel hungry after a good meal, try drinking a full glass of water and see how you feel. The symptoms are the same for dehydration and hunger.
Didn’t eat Greens-
You could also feel hungry after a meal if you didn’t eat your green vegetables. These are vegetables like spinach, collard greens, kale which are rich in folate which helps protect against weight loss. Vegetables are a rich source of Vitamin K which fights against craving for food. If you eat your greens well you are sure to feel full.
Another reason for you to feel hungry after a good meal could also be plain boredom. If you have had a full meal and still feel hungry could mean that your mind is distracted so boredom is also a cause for feeling hungry after a meal.
One should look at getting back to original weight around 6 months to a year post pregnancy. It is important to have a regular diet and an exercise routine to get back to same vigor. Here are a few tips on how to lose weight post pregnancy :
Take your time, your body needs to recoup from the delivery. Don’t be hard on yourself, look at getting the six week check up post delivery and if you are breastfeeding, do not start any slimming routine till at least 2 months of breastfeeding.
Breast feeding automatically makes you lose weight as it burns calories. Do not try straight away to lose a lot of weight while breastfeeding as it will produce less milk. You should approximately lose 650 gms a week which won’t effect your breastfeeding routine.
Unlike what may be perceived, it is good to maintain a regular diet post pregnancy and not skip any meals plus add small meals in between. Make sure you are eating non- fat or dairy free products. Eat a lot of food with fiber and proteins avoid juices and sodas with added sugars.Iit just adds to your calorie intake.
Don’t Crash and Burn-
Do not go any crash diets as it will only result in burn outs and it will take longer for you to regain good health.
You may have a new body to adjust too, but be realistic and don’t overburden yourself.
A healthy routine of exercise will also shed those unnecessary calories and get you back to peak health faster.
Do not try anything out of the ordinary but try to reach your usual fitness routine.
Gastric acid is formed in the stomach by hydrochloric acid ( HCI ) ,
Potassium Chloride ( KCI ) and Sodium Chloride ( NAC ) which causes acidity.
Here are some tips to reduce Acidity :
- Choose an alkaline diet – If you remember from your chemistry class in school, the pH Scale provides a measure between 0 most acidic and +14 most alkaline.Our body’s optimum is pH 7. 36 which is tilted towards being alkaline, an alkaline diet is one which helps you maintain a perfect Ph balance and does not create unnecessary acids. It is a fact that we usually like a lot of acidic food but this only harms our optimum body function.
- Eat Greens- Eat a lot of green vegetables, fruits, roots, nuts. These are alkaline and keep you away from acidic gases. Make vegetables the focus of your meals, not meats.
- Reduce the intake of Acidic food- Reduce your intake of acidic food like eggs, refined sugar, meat, white flour, and dairy.Limit Alcohol Consumption- Alcohol has high sugar content and is highly acidic. In large quantities, it can be fatal. It is perfectly ‘ok’ if you like a glass of beer or wine every now and then. Just be conscious of how much you drink.
- Drink Alkaline Water – Drink a lot of alkaline water at least 8 to 10 glasses a day. Average tap water has an alkaline content of about 6.5 to 7 Ph but alkaline water has about 9 Ph . This will keep your body most hydrated and make sure you do not generate unnecessary gas or acid.
- Exercise – Break into a sweat regularly. This will also help losing weight while keeping acidity in check.Seek Balance – Stress is a major cause for acid as well, so look at mind altering exercises like Meditation , Yoga , deep breathing and long walks.
1. The only seed that is alkaline – forming.
2. It can reduce levels of LDL cholesterol.
3. 100g seeds provide 30 g protein.
4. It reduces inflammation for arthritis.
5. It prevents kidney stone formation.
6. It promotes good sleep.
7. Filled with minerals.
8. Hearth healthy magnesium.
9. Plant-Based Omega-3 Fats.
10. Taking out tapeworms and other parasites.
11. Lowering depression.
12. Zinc for Immune Support.
13. Stabilize Blood Sugar.
14. Good Blood Builder
15. Reduces bone weakness and symptoms of osteoporosis.
16. It provides relief from insomnia and anxiety
18. Hair Restoration.
19. Benefits for postmenopausal Women.
20. They are a good source of Vitamin k.