Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurosurgeons from across India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Hepatitis B Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Hepatitis C Treatment
Submit a review for Mr. Henry SequeiraYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from migraine from last 1 year and day by day it's getting worse. I have tried medicine but it is just a temporary solution. What should I do to improve it.
Sleep is one such time when people usually are expected to lie down still and get rest. However, we have all heard of sleepwalking, a condition where a person walks during the sleep. Though it may sound strange, there is a deeper explanation for it both from a causative point of view and from managing it.
Things you should know?
- Sleepwalking happens when a person moves back from a deep sleep to a light sleep or awakening state.
- The person who is sleepwalking is usually not aware of it.
- Activities may range from simply getting up and sitting up in bed to walking around the room. They could also open the door and walk out to the neighbourhood. Moving furniture, changing dresses or driving a car, may also be some of the actions Most of these activities happens completely without their knowledge.
- Mostly happens in children up to the age of 12, but can be seen in adults also, where it assumes a more severe form.
- The person who is sleepwalking has a fixed stare with glassy eyes. They may appear dazed and lost when they are awakened.
- They may not respond when they are actually sleepwalking, or respond very slowly
- They can be brought back to bed and put back to sleep without being disturbed. Most children would go back to sleeping when this is done
- Though the parents can be very worried when they see children sleepwalking, reassurance is required, as it usually disappears as they cross teenage.
- There could be chances of small injury like tripping or fall during the sleepwalking episode
- Sleepwalkers may be more restless compared to other children during their waking hours
- Bedwetting is also quite common in children who sleepwalk
- Inappropriate sleep pattern with lack of sleep for prolonged periods is one of the main reasons for sleepwalking
- Excessive drinking
- Medical conditions like heart rhythm problems, acidity, gastric reflux, and seizures
- Psychiatric conditions like panic attacks and post-traumatic stress disorder can also lead to sleepwalking
- For a parent to see their child walking around in their sleep can be quite disturbing.
- Reassurance is required stating that it is just a temporary phase and will not stay beyond the teenage years
- Most people do not require any intervention unless accompanied by severe symptoms like going out of the house or driving
- Once established, it is advisable to avoid by not drinking too much alcohol, avoiding stress and anxiety and taking precautions like extra-secure locks to prevent sleepwalking and/or other side effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
My hands vibrate I can't control my hands.:(i researched about it its know as hand arm vibration (HAVS) but it happens because of electric tools which vibrate right? But I didn't use any of such tools.
My hand got injured due to accident in the year 2001. I have no sensation in my thumb, index finger & middle finger. I had been operated once in the said year by an orthopaedic surgeon. But still, I don't feel any sensation in my above 3 fingers. My median nerve, radial nerve got damaged. Is it possible to get back my sensation after 15 years?
I am 30 years old male. I have a sickness of migraine. I used many medicine s and balm as hand balm. But I could not get relief.
I am 36 year male suffering from regular leg pain above ankle and also numbness in feet while walking. The condition goes away when I stop for few minutes and again resurfaces when I start walking again. What should I do?
I am suffering from sever headache some times back side of head from 5-6 YEARS, one doctor told me that it's migraine. symptoms: 1. Heavy headache 2. Head is so tight. 3. Inside is very pressure. 4. When I am in travel by bus I feel vomit. My details: male, 21 years old.
Sir I have problem with social enxayti disorder on meet new people, writing, and speaking on stage before my hand foot and neck show vibration. After sometime normally. Or no vibration. Please give me such as treatment or yoga. I am passing through very trouble with this social phobia or enxyati.
Migraines are characteristically throbbing, intrusive and sometimes, prolonged headache accompanied by sensitivity to sound and light and the feeling of nausea. They are fairly common and usually treatable with home remedies and allopathic drugs. The word migraine has been derived from another word ‘hemicranias’ which means one sided headache. Headaches resulting from migraines tend to occur in episodes rather than being regular. Additionally, the intensity of a migraine will also vary with some attacks being very severe while other attacks will be a lot more moderate. The pain is often accompanied by nausea or vomiting.
Homeopathy may play an efficient role in the treatment of migraines. Homeopathic medicines are prescribed based on the type, duration and intensity of the migraine attacks and are most often helpful in their treatment.
Homeopathy aims to cure the headache from its very root without attracting side effects. Some of the common homeopathic medicines include:
- Belladonna: This is one of the most common homeopathic drugs prescribed for migraines. This medicine aims to cure the throbbing character of the migraine in the temporal region, which is further induced by light and sound.
- Spigelia: This is useful to treat headaches arising from the left hemisphere of the brain that is fairly common among individuals experiencing migraines. Additionally, there would be an occurrence of severe pain in the eyeballs which might be worsened by excess movement of the eyes.
- Glonoinum: This medicine works fairly well with congestive headaches which are accompanied by a constant feeling of blood rushing to the head. You might also feel shocks in your head.
- Sanguinaria Canadensis: This is prescribed in case of headaches that form from the back of the skull and settle prominently in the right hemisphere of the skull. The eyes also tend to throb; another symptom that is remedied by the use of this medicine.
- Natrum Muriaticum: this is usually prescribed to women who complain of their migraines worsening during their menses. The headaches can be accompanied by temporary loss of vision. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
My wife is suffering with parkinson disease since 8 years and she conducted the deep brain stimulation surgery in 2 months back still she is suffering with right knee legaments damage and unable to walk - can you please suggest me for this solution - murthy.
Is there permanent cure for migraine.? I have migraine for last five years. I take three or six months course as directed by physician. But next year it come back again.
I am a epilepsy patient since 2000 and taking eptoin100 mg two tab. Every night from last 4 years. Is any side effect of this medicine.
I had first attack of epilepsy few days back. I am under medication. I am preparing for some competition and I need to study 13-16 hours daily. Prior to seizure I was able to concentrate properly. Now I feel difficult to concentrate. Please comment.
Difficulty walking, blurred vision, slurred speech, slowed reaction times, impaired memory: Clearly, alcohol affects the brain. Some of these impairments are detectable after only one or two drinks and quickly resolve when drinking stops.
I am having serious migraine from last 1-2 weeks. Although it's an old problem and I know it happens due to stress and depression. Problem is although I try but I am unable to stop my over thinking and these stressful thoughts. I seriously need some help to remove this stress and depression. Please help.
Many times normally during studies and drinking hot liquids (water, milk, tea, coffee) I feels internal bleeding in nasopharynx as smell of blood and simultaneously irony taste of blood also comes in oropharynx. I am facing this problem from 4 years. Asked many doctors even in Aiims but no help I got. What can I do? I also have migraine form 3 years.
World Autism Awareness Day aims to increase people's awareness about people, especially children, with autism. The day often features educational events for teachers, health care workers and parents, as well as exhibitions showcasing work created by children with autism.
Autism is a developmental disability that remains with a person for his or her whole life. This condition affects the brain's functions. The first signs usually appear before a child is three years old. People with autism often:
Find social interaction difficult.
Have problems with verbal and non-verbal communication.
Demonstrate restrictive and repetitive behavior.
Have a limited set of interests and activities.
Autism affects girls and boys of all races and in all geographic regions and has a large impact on children, their families, communities and societies
Caring for and educating children and young people with this condition places challenges on health care, education and training programs.